South Africa in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: South Africa in India

I too am starting to thinking that this match will be draw. Well I am still enjoying the batting by India. Congrats to Sehwag for his 14th 100. :thumbup1: The openers have done a great job. No wickets lost in 1st session. But Jaffer needs to score faster his strike rate is half of Sehwags.

I hope Dravid doesnt play another one of his overly defensive 10 runs off 100 balls innings. Jaffers strike rate was pathetic too. On such a flat track they should be scoring more freely

While Dravid and Jaffer are playing boring cricket Sehwag is fantastic. His innings is reminding me why I loved him so much. Its a good sign that he is back to his best at least in test cricket.

Yeah Sehwag has played a great entertaining innings. Thanks to him the run rate is now climbing up over 4. Dravid should just give Sehwag the strike.

What a superb innings by Viru 200 off just 194 balls!! He has been on fire for the last few overs making 60 runs off his last 30 balls. This has been a truly entertaining innings. Its a great achievement even this dead pitch. Its the third fastest 200 in Test cricket. I hope he continues like this.

Sehwag was unstoppable in that session. In the post lunch session, he went from 110 to 218 in a matter of just 67 balls. Its a great achievement to score a double hundred at a run a ball, though its not the first time he has done it. I hope Sehwag doesn't throw it away because he has a good chance to score yet another triple hundred.
South Africa haven't got much time, they need use the break to revise their strategy against Sehwag.

SA's 540 isn't looking that big a score anymore! With Sehwag blazing away like this India will probably have around 450 by the close of play. SA need a few quick wickets here, especially Sehwag's.

I really dont understand what game Dravid is playing in. When the guy at the other end is batting like Sehwag is you just take a single and watch the innings from the other end rather than playing the equal amount of balls and scoring 1/10th the amount of runs. He should at least have a strike rate of 50. I just dont know what he is trying to achieve.

540 is indeed looking like a small total now. India just trail by 124. If they can knock off another 50 runs off the deficit today and declare with a lead before lunch tomorrow then this game might get interesting, provided that the wicket assists the spinners tomorrow.
Sehwag is getting close to 300. I hope he doesn't throw it away by playing a silly shot.

wow sehwag has played a really exciting innings. :D he has broken many records in the process too. it wont matter to sehwag that hes so close to a triple hundred, he will still play his shots. i just hope dravid gives him the strike to complete it and doesnt frustrate him at the other end.

this has been a amazing amazing reply by india. i always knew that we would do well but i never thought that sehwag would play such an innings.

Ntini is back in the attack. Sehwag has really taken him apart so I hope this would ensure his safe passage from 290 to 300. Sehwag has really broken a lot of records with this innings. Its currently the second highest score by an Indian and highest by an Indian in India. Its the 3rd fastest double hundred. Its the second highest number of runs scored in a day by a batsman. Its his 10th successive 100 when he has scored more than 150. I assume it will be the fastest triple hundred if he gets there. These are not really big records but his name will be going on a lot of lists.

300! He was the only Indian to have made a triple hundred and hes done it again! Only the third man in the world after Lara and Bradman to score two triple hundreds. I dont care how rubbish the pitch is, this is a fantastic effort. This must be the fastest triple hundred too or at least one of the fastest. He can even go for Lara's record now.

I seriously think that Sehwag has the opportunity of a lifetime here to beat Lara's record. Pitch isn't helping the bowlers at all but it takes more than just that to score a triple-hundred with a strike rate of over 100.

yeah well 400 is too far now but then 300 was far away too about 20 overs ago. if he bats through the first session tomorrow then i think he'll get to 400 and he deserves it. its the best opportunity he'll ever get. he can have a days rest now and come back fresh tomorrow.

India nearly scored 400 runs today all thanks to Sehwag. I think if Dravid had batted with a more positive attitude they would have crossed 400. Still an amazing day for India. This is the first time there there have been two back to back 200 run partnerships at the top of the order.
India just trail by 72 runs with 9 wickets in hand! They should easily be able to take the lead now. If Sehwag continues to fire tomorrow, I'd be tempted to bat until tea and get a lead of around 250 and then put the South Africans in. But if the pitch doesn't assist the spinners tomorrow then nothing can stop this match from being a draw.

MasterBlaster said:
300! He was the only Indian to have made a triple hundred and hes done it again! Only the third man in the world after Lara and Bradman to score two triple hundreds. I dont care how rubbish the pitch is, this is a fantastic effort. This must be the fastest triple hundred too or at least one of the fastest. He can even go for Lara's record now.

Yeah, this is the fastest triple hundred ever. Its because of how fast he scored, he was able to make the triple hundred in such hot conditions. A Dravid or even a Laxman would need to spend more energy and concentrate for a longer period of time to score a triple century as compared to Sehwag.
Because Sehwag gets the most out of every ball he's able to make scores in excess of 150 so frequently.

Man going the way he is going, Sehwag will get 400 and then some! Im thinking...first man to make a 500 in a test match. Its such a shame that the pitch is as flat as a tack, but that is to take nothing from Sehwag, absolutly thrilling! Shame this might end in a dull draw. I truely think pitches should be prepared with something for everyone, not flat tracks which will last all 5 days. Oh well, at least we've seen some great batting :D

There are not enough words to describe how well Sehwag played. He made more than 250 runs in a single day and he didnt even keep strike all the time. Thats just unbelevable only Sehwag can do something like that.
On this pitch I knew that 540 was not enough but I never anticipated such a brilliant reply by India. The chances of result are better because of Sehwags innings but I still think this match will be a draw.

Sehwag has revealed in an interview that the team strategy, at the moment, is to look for a lead of around 200 and hope that the spinners get some assistance on the last day. I think thats the only way India can get a favourable result from this match. It shouldn't be hard to get a lead of 200 with 9 wickets still in hand, but I have my doubts over the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back