South Africa in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: South Africa in India

No Tendulkar, No Ishant. This is really bad news!! But I think India still have enough strength. I think Yuvraj is going to score another century on the flat track and it'll start another debate whether Jaffer should be dropped and Yuvraj/Dravid should open.

no it will be remembered for the great knock sehwag played...it was disgrace that the pitch was dead but the match is still memorable.

wolf said:
The last test was a disgrace to the game of cricket.

Strong views but you have a point. The ICC really needs to crack down on flat pitches, it doesn't do the game any favours to have tracks like roads that have nothing for the bowling side.

Any news on the pitch for the next game?

According to reports in a certain news paper, the curator says he hasn't gotten any orders from the team and he'll keep the grass on the wicket but I'm not sure how reliable the source is.

I doubt ICC will do anything about this. Its the BCCI that needs to ensure that such pitches are not prepared. This is going to affect the popularity of Test cricket, which is already in danger because of IPL. This series is not even being broadcast in many parts of India and such pitches will lead to even lesser people watching the series.

sachin not playing is bad news. but how come kaif was called up out of the blue? gambhir deserved a chance.

south africa did the right thing by batting the whole day. mckenzie must have a lot of confidence now. i think if the ahemedabad pitch is lively then steyn will certainly cause trouble for indian batsmen. batsmen like yuvraj, jaffer and dhoni are surely going to have a hard time.

I'm sure the Indian think tank will be aware of the trouble Dale Steyn and company could pose, if offered a helpful pitch. I just hope they don't order the curator to prepare a flat track because of that.

It seems that South Africa have been studying Sehwag. They'll target him with short stuff. They are probably trying to get in his head but I dont think that will worry Sehwag. This isnt a new strategy. I remmeber West Indies had targetted him with short pitched balls angled towards his body and got him caught at leg slip twice. But I think he has learnt from those mistakes and improved.

Only time will tell about that MB. ;)

Though I really hope that this test comes out with a result, for now, not in favour of any team. :p

May the best team win.

It'll be interesting to see if India goes with the three spinner option. Spinners have generally done well on this pitch, so I wouldn't mind seeing Chawla play.

Kumble is in doubt for the game. His selection will depend upon the result of the fitness test tomorrow. So India might have to go with Harbhajan and Chawla. It will be a big blow for India if Kumble is unavailable.

Interesting, India are playing Pathan instead of Yuvraj. I think its a better decision since Yuvraj isnt in good form. I am not sure about decision to bat first. The pitch should offer some assistance to seamers now. But maybe it'll crack on the fifth day. I hope Jaffer and Sehwag prove this to be the right decision.

Looks like SA are going to target Sehwag with short stuff. It'll be an interesting battle.

First wicket down. I was expecting this to happen. Jaffer cant play on anything but flat beds.

Damn Sehwag gone too. India in deep trouble now. Bad decision to bat first :(

Two more wickets have fallen. India will be regretting the decision to bat first now. If things continue like this then the innings might fold up even before lunch.

Oh God! Why on earth did Kumble elect to bat first on this pitch. It will only get better for batting later. No batsmen left after this pair. I'll happily take a 300 ball 100 from Dravid in this match.

Dravid gone too. Big blow for India! All hopes rest on Dhoni now.

AB said:
Dravid gone too. Big blow for India! All hopes rest on Dhoni now.
Thats something I didn't want to hear. Well he is the only one who has made it to double figures so I hope he plays a good innings. As I type hes out. India will struggle to reach 100 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back