Twenty/20 - its here to stay

Re: Twenty/20 - its here to stay

kudu;128052 said:
I never said "because", I said "and". If you're going to quote someone, do it right. Twisting it around to try and benifit your argument isnt going to work.

OK, so sue me for not cutting and pasting your posts.

You've got all the credibility by making statements like "soccer is years ahead of cricket in USA and it has failed". :rolleyes:

You've got all the credibility by making statements like "soccer is years ahead of cricket in USA and it has failed".

I do have the credibility because it is a true statement. Lets take an analogy here. Lets make cricket = DOS Operating System and soccer = MICROSOFT WINDOWS . MICROSOFT WINDOWS is way ahead in years than DOS. Correct? Has WINDOWS ever failed? Yes. More than once? Yes. Is it still years ahead of DOS? Yes. Do you get my point? Hopefully.

If the Windows product line has been a failure, my full name is Godzilla Yeti Bigfoot.

If it hasn't been a failure then why do they keep coming out with newer versions every other year that have patches/updates in them? Because the older ones are failures. Just like the NASL, and not too long from now, MLS.

kudu, please stop!!! You're cracking me up. Maybe you're having semantic problems distinguishing between the words "fault" and "failure".

Are there faults in the way soccer is run in USA? Absolutely. Tons of them. Has it been a failure? Categorically, not.

Are there faults in the way cricket is run in USA? Absolutely. Has it been a failure? Categorically, yes.

Are there faults in the way soccer is run in USA? Absolutely. Tons of them. Has it been a failure? Categorically, not.

Are there faults in the way cricket is run in USA? Absolutely. Has it been a failure? Categorically, yes.

Whether you like it or not, soccer has failed both the way it has been run here in the US and categorically in the USA, many many many many many many times in the past. Yes, cricket has failed in the US, BUT has 20/20 ever been given an opportunity, a chance to succeed or fail, like soccer has had here in the US? No. Once it does, soccer will start eating crickets dust and all those soccer stadiums will be converted to cricket stadiums, and you will be stuck in your room looking at all those Beckham posters on your wall crying out "Why Beckham Whyyyyyyy???"

kudu;128079 said:
Whether you like it or not, soccer has failed both the way it has been run here in the US and categorically in the USA, many many many many many many times in the past. Yes, cricket has failed in the US, BUT has 20/20 ever been given an opportunity, a chance to succeed or fail, like soccer has had here in the US? No. Once it does, soccer will start eating crickets dust and all those soccer stadiums will be converted to cricket stadiums, and you will be stuck in your room looking at all those Beckham posters on your wall crying out "Why Beckham Whyyyyyyy???"

And then, like, $1 million prize money will fall magically from the sky for US Twenty20 cricket team which just won their Olympic Gold medal, correct?

"And then, like, $1 million prize money will fall magically from the sky for US Twenty20 cricket team which just won their Olympic Gold medal, correct"

This American tycoon in Antigua, Sanford, recently plunked down that kind of
money for Windies 20/20 cricket. He just might be tempted to try that
in the USA.

timmyj51;128186 said:
"And then, like, $1 million prize money will fall magically from the sky for US Twenty20 cricket team which just won their Olympic Gold medal, correct"

This American tycoon in Antigua, Sanford, recently plunked down that kind of
money for Windies 20/20 cricket. He just might be tempted to try that
in the USA.
yeah, the West Indies. a place where cricket is played, people understand the game, and there is an infastructure is in place. unlike the USA...

I'm all for it as long as it doesn't impact players selection for one day and test cricket.

Also, there is no point playing heaps of 20-20 cricket. Keep it once a series.

Yeah, pretty nice. But who came up with those UGLY umpire uniforms?

Back