Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

WDCAcricketer;202866 said:
Not sure how the gradings are done in the churches, would think the Congs should look at having their seconds play in A grade next year, so the jump to Turf isnt as big. Having coached against their juniors, they are well coached and well supported. Seems like they are heading in the right direction.

Any confirmation whether there will be turf wickets on grey reserve in the near future?

Hi WDCAcricketer,

The congs had to choose to field a competitive b Grade side, or get smashed in the the A mats every week like past years.

Unlike past years, the club is stronger with more depth in the 2's now, in years gone there was only a couple who could push up.

Turf wicket is a possibility at Grey if the association will tip in some money with Congs and St Johns and council off course. The rooms are the first to be looked at however, the committee is making the club very strong financially with allot of the business associated to players puring dollars in. Next year there is a push for more sponsor dollars to upgrade the grounds also.

Hi Indians,

The name that i come up with is no concern to you.

Whether the man is well educated and a great family man has nothing do with his on field performances. Looks like he was playing in the 2nd for a few years now and all of sudden he is playing in the firsts. Yeah after bowling 70 overs last year and only bowling 7 this year who wouldn’t go down to the 2nds. Ever since Eastley has been apart of the committee he has all of a sudden been bowling more overs. Surprising as he doesn’t have the wickets to backup all those overs he has bowled. Having someone who is slow in the field and that doesn’t offer much with the bat usually puts pressure on the others to pull his weight. Calling him a joke even tho he is averaging less than 10 and not taking many wickets would be an understatement.

Would be interesting to see if congs can win it this year, the big stage has always been a problem for these guys.

Unknown;202873 said:
Hi Indians,

The name that i come up with is no concern to you.

Whether the man is well educated and a great family man has nothing do with his on field performances. Looks like he was playing in the 2nd for a few years now and all of sudden he is playing in the firsts. Yeah after bowling 70 overs last year and only bowling 7 this year who wouldn’t go down to the 2nds. Ever since Eastley has been apart of the committee he has all of a sudden been bowling more overs. Surprising as he doesn’t have the wickets to backup all those overs he has bowled. Having someone who is slow in the field and that doesn’t offer much with the bat usually puts pressure on the others to pull his weight. Calling him a joke even tho he is averaging less than 10 and not taking many wickets would be an understatement.

Would be interesting to see if congs can win it this year, the big stage has always been a problem for these guys.

I am convinced the person you have on the commitee is leading you up the path then unknown.

About 3 years ago, the old committee at congs made a decision to bring in new blood to help run the club, rather the having the usual suspects do everything. He was part of that new committee back then!

He played 2's because he wanted to have a muck around at a club with a few mates, and was then asked in his first year to play turf, but didnt want to. Last season was his first full year. So best to check your sources on the info you gather.

I actually cant wait to speak with him tonight so he can see what a stir he has caused on this site. I am sure he would be the first to say that he is no way the best bowler or player going around the comp, but for a group of people getting on his back it appears there is not alot of other players going around the comp note worthy of mentioning on the site.

WDCAcricketer, I see from a previous post you heard other clubs could be interested in joining the churches, is this still the case???

We are in need of more teams so the competiton can be good for all us park cricketers.

Indians;202879 said:
I am convinced the person you have on the commitee is leading you up the path then unknown.

About 3 years ago, the old committee at congs made a decision to bring in new blood to help run the club, rather the having the usual suspects do everything. He was part of that new committee back then!

He played 2's because he wanted to have a muck around at a club with a few mates, and was then asked in his first year to play turf, but didnt want to. Last season was his first full year. So best to check your sources on the info you gather.

I actually cant wait to speak with him tonight so he can see what a stir he has caused on this site. I am sure he would be the first to say that he is no way the best bowler or player going around the comp, but for a group of people getting on his back it appears there is not alot of other players going around the comp note worthy of mentioning on the site.

WDCAcricketer, I see from a previous post you heard other clubs could be interested in joining the churches, is this still the case???

We are in need of more teams so the competiton can be good for all us park cricketers.

You may find Kingsville Baps may rejoin and should be competitive in turf with a full playing list. Theres a difference of opinion within the players group whether they should move from the VTCA. Definally would be a win for the churches to get them back.

Also depending if Point Cook go up to A turf next year in the Willi Comp could see Newport Rams relgated to B turf. Last time this happend to the Rams they left to the churches as they wanted their first in the top grade.

Note sure about any other teams, Little River will have to have another vote whether they will move comps. No idea which grade they would play in though.

Will the Comp Force the top grades in A grade to go up to turf next year? ,Especially Caroline Springs and Melton South.

Havent spoken to anyone at Barkly St to what their intentions are for next season. They are struggling in A turf. Their Juniors still play in West Metro comp.

WDCAcricketer;202881 said:
You may find Kingsville Baps may rejoin and should be competitive in turf with a full playing list. Theres a difference of opinion within the players group whether they should move from the VTCA. Definally would be a win for the churches to get them back.

Also depending if Point Cook go up to A turf next year in the Willi Comp could see Newport Rams relgated to B turf. Last time this happend to the Rams they left to the churches as they wanted their first in the top grade.

Note sure about any other teams, Little River will have to have another vote whether they will move comps. No idea which grade they would play in though.

Will the Comp Force the top grades in A grade to go up to turf next year? ,Especially Caroline Springs and Melton South.

Havent spoken to anyone at Barkly St to what their intentions are for next season. They are struggling in A turf. Their Juniors still play in West Metro comp.

WDCAcricketer.

I heard that Kingy Baps may return, I know at the association they tried to push it last year and will again at seasons end.

I believe the association need to promote Caroline springs next year and make the enquire with South. The issue is off course, turf wickets and thats why it is becoming an issue at clubs to get the finances and approval to put them it at there grounds.

I hear Werribee South may play also next season, Turf and A mats.

Mirrors;202882 said:
WDCAcricketer.

I heard that Kingy Baps may return, I know at the association they tried to push it last year and will again at seasons end.

I believe the association need to promote Caroline springs next year and make the enquire with South. The issue is off course, turf wickets and thats why it is becoming an issue at clubs to get the finances and approval to put them it at there grounds.

I hear Werribee South may play also next season, Turf and A mats.

Havent heard the Werribee South roumour, they have struggled in C Turf this season. They will have to get all the players back that crossed over to Werribbe Centrals at the start of the season to be competitive in the Turf Grade. And the other set back they dont have a turf wicket. The comp needs to try attract teams with turf grounds.

I know they had a crack at ANA a couple years back, though we wanted to play 2 sides on turf in the same comp.

WDCAcricketer;202888 said:
Havent heard the Werribee South roumour, they have struggled in C Turf this season. They will have to get all the players back that crossed over to Werribbe Centrals at the start of the season to be competitive in the Turf Grade. And the other set back they dont have a turf wicket. The comp needs to try attract teams with turf grounds.

I know they had a crack at ANA a couple years back, though we wanted to play 2 sides on turf in the same comp.

ANA would have been a biggy, but maybe to be for the churches comp???

Yes/no?

They being the association should start to look at a other avenues to get new clubs in, extending out possibly towards highpoint, the teams name escapes me that play behind the shopping centre.

The association need to build from the grass roots, starting at attracting lower grades and then target the senior teams.

For the association to survive, they need to look at this as thier strategy to develop the comp.

Indians;202889 said:
ANA would have been a biggy, but maybe to be for the churches comp???

Yes/no?

They being the association should start to look at a other avenues to get new clubs in, extending out possibly towards highpoint, the teams name escapes me that play behind the shopping centre.

The association need to build from the grass roots, starting at attracting lower grades and then target the senior teams.

For the association to survive, they need to look at this as thier strategy to develop the comp.

Might be Barkly Streets Matting teams?

With the promotion to A Turf this season, theres no likelyhood of moving comps at this stage. We did have contingency plans to move to the churches when the Willi Comp looked like folding a couple of years back. With a big influx of Junior cricketers into Senior ranks next season, could see a additional team entered into churches comp.

I know there was talks at the end of last season to introduce a third turf team and churches was looked at but was decided to enter bascially 3/4 under 17 team in A Matting in the Willi comp instead. The Kids are really keen to play on the turf more regulary and no doubt the question of additional turf team will be talked about again.

Point Cook will not go into A-Turf without a Turf Ground. Speaking of Turf grounds, no council will lay new turf wickets in the current drought conditions, its hard enough maintaing the current ones.

MeltonStar;202822 said:
Mirrors i think you should stop talking about the blonde in the skirt & blue top because it sounds like youd get more excited seing Eastley rock up to a game in a skirt
melton star,
maybe you can give us some insight into the reasons on why bolger and clayton aren't playing. i know that people have said clayton left because he wasn't bowling enough but i'm not so sure about that. i haven't heard about bolger. can you give us a reason?

can't bat;203057 said:
melton star,
maybe you can give us some insight into the reasons on why bolger and clayton aren't playing. i know that people have said clayton left because he wasn't bowling enough but i'm not so sure about that. i haven't heard about bolger. can you give us a reason?

I heard that Clayton left because Joshy was bowling more than him and Bolger was having a relationship with another players wife (she must have been desperate).

Clayton & Bolger are big losses for Melton, they really needed them to fire this year with the other teams filling stronger sides.

Wait there!!!
Dont know much about the bloke only from what I have seen this year but I know from memory he has taken over 30 wickets so far. Took a heap against us and won the game for them. He bowls leggies and is the best I have seen in the comp............

Mirrors, whats going on? No posting's today? Im disappointed.............
Good Luck tomorrow!!!!!:)

How did the pitch play at Kingys Baps Wicket?, was suprised to see play on Sunday after Saturdays game was called off.

Seen new player for St Andrews picked in their seconds, needs to be promoted to Turf sooner to bolster their Turf batting line up.

Loooks like Congs are in trouble against Roosters 2nd team. Congs all out 127 Roosters 2/29.

Heard a interesting roumour that some teams lost their points in the lower grades by effectively dropping players more than one grade. I know one of the teams are St Andrews, not to sure who the other two teams are. Though they are appealing and most likely may get the points back. As the player in question played in our seconds and when he went to St Andrews they played him in their thirds for his first game.

WDCAcricketer;204018 said:
Heard a interesting roumour that some teams lost their points in the lower grades by effectively dropping players more than one grade. I know one of the teams are St Andrews, not to sure who the other two teams are. Though they are appealing and most likely may get the points back. As the player in question played in our seconds and when he went to St Andrews they played him in their thirds for his first game.

The same thing happened to a club that l was involved in a few season ago. We appealed and lost, they wont get their point back. Their committee should have known the rules or at least checked with the association.

It will be a cold day in hell before Barkly Street ever return to this rabble of a competition.

I'm sorry, but those are the facts.

WDCAcricketer;204018 said:

Sunshine Druids are another one of the teams we havent lost points as of yet and were told more than likely it will just be a fine. Also the player in question in our case wasnt really dropped he was a thirds player who filled in for the ones.
Also like to say thanks to the guy from Melton South who walked yesterday when the umpire didnt hear the edge. Good to see especially since he was putting the team into a winning postion.

ollie73;204467 said:
It will be a cold day in hell before Barkly Street ever return to this rabble of a competition.

I'm sorry, but those are the facts.

The association is better off without Barkly St. They didn't want to play turf when it started, stayed and played in the 2nds and still could'nt win the premiership. They then cried and went to the MMVCA. Just looked at the MMVCA ladder and the great Barkly St 1st's are 9th and 2nds 10th. Good move. Just stay in the MMVCA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back