Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Indians;202816 said:
Mirrors,

I will tell you the story that you want to hear! We played Melton in a Grand final and set them a VERY low target to get in the first dig, I think 70 or 80 odd, which they couldnt meet. Congs one first innings. Well the story can go on and on, but the guts of it is on the second week we got to the ground and the pitch was taken to by a star picket or something by no doubt one of the locals that dosent like cricket balls landing in his/her front yard. Melton cried saying we did it, we said they did it and it went to a tribunal were it was decided the Congs one because of the 1st innings win.

Got it...Good.

If you havent gathered I play down at the congs and was told about this site by a St Johns player who said on Saturday night it was a congs forum, which is great for our club, but poor form for the rest of the competition.

MeltonStar, if your hanging your hat on the game before Christmas, good luck to you, because your middle order was terrible and the game was won on the toss of the coin. Im sure if your side makes the Grandfinal we will beat you!

Borntigerfan, hopefully you are not Tamil! I like hearing about a heap of clubs to, its a shame that there are only 6 sides in the comp, and because of this our options are limited. If I was to make a prediction, it would be final four of St Johns, St Andrews, Melton and Congs. Great finals series, and St Johns are the threat. Tembys, Murray and a few other contributers make them a darkhorse.

They came close to MeltonStars boys and I hear also that St Johns were a chance if they could hold some catches.

What are your thoughts???

Unknown, Draper was lively on the weekend and did deserve more wickets, but he can bowl and if firing he could win you a game alone.

Indians,

Thanks for the info.

Good to hear what happened. What was St Andrews like seeing you played against them, watchen from a distance they seemed to bowl well early with not alot of luck and the batting slumped in the middle and tail.

Is this what you saw on the ground?

St Andrews will make up the four seeing Altona lost to thier two's which should never happen. Thats a different story.

Im interested to hear a players thoughts on the game and the rest of the season in general.

I just like to keep tabs on my mates at the congs to see how they are travelling. The comp is bigger than the Congs team. Theres been talk at our club that the keeper for congs who i believe was the former captain(mustafa) at one stage has lost form after he lost the captaincy. Theres rumours that theres a bit of jealousy that has set in between him & Callus as he is the new captain and that this keeper cannot take charge of his troops on the field anymore?

Mirrors - Care to shed any light into this matter? After playing against reggie for many years i believe this change has affected his game and his mentality.

As i am good mates with one of the congs committee members, it’s interesting to see Eastley bowling the 2nd most overs at the club. I reckon he only bowls that much as he is apart of the committee group and we all know what happens to those who are involved with the club. Dont thnk i have to go on any further. Its a shame to see a joker running the inside operations at the congs.

My team can’t make finals this year and but i will be on the congs bandwagon as i believe the A.Eastley change for S.Brown has to be made before its too late.

Mirrors i think you should stop talking about the blonde in the skirt & blue top because it sounds like youd get more excited seing Eastley rock up to a game in a skirt

Mirrors;202819 said:
Indians,

Thanks for the info.

Good to hear what happened. What was St Andrews like seeing you played against them, watchen from a distance they seemed to bowl well early with not alot of luck and the batting slumped in the middle and tail.

St Andrews will make up the four seeing Altona lost to thier two's which should never happen. Thats a different story.

Im interested to hear a players thoughts on the game and the rest of the season in general.

Mirrors, firstly if he knew you were using his name for evil you would be a dead man. The big Fellow hates the nickname but wears the story of how he got it with pride. Maybe, we can no enforce the nickname Schick. You'd know that story for sure Mirrors!!!

St Andrews played well, Unlucky as you say. Drapers pace was right up there and is easily the quickest going around.

Dropped catches early on cost you guys.

Top order did well, set the foundation but the middle order couldnt go on. Which is a shame because it was looking to be a good game with alot of runs set to chase and St Andrews chasing well.

See you in the finals.

MeltonStar,Great to see someone else posting on here about another club. Unfortunatley what you have posted is crap. I wouldn't be so cocky about your Melton boys winning the GF this year. Its going to be an intersesting finals series with either St Johns or Congs to take it out. Word is that you guys arn't the team of old and that other clubs have raised the bar this year and you may not rise to the challenge.

St Andrew's are also on their way up and may not do it this year but will have a close crack next year.

Indians thats original.........I can only guess who you are??????
Mirrors & Indians,You are on the money about Melton. They might be getting a big shock come finals time casue both games against Congs & St Johns were not convincing wins by a long shot.

Unknown;202820 said:
I just like to keep tabs on my mates at the congs to see how they are travelling. The comp is bigger than the Congs team. Theres been talk at our club that the keeper for congs who i believe was the former captain(mustafa) at one stage has lost form after he lost the captaincy. Theres rumours that theres a bit of jealousy that has set in between him & Callus as he is the new captain and that this keeper cannot take charge of his troops on the field anymore?

Mirrors - Care to shed any light into this matter? After playing against reggie for many years i believe this change has affected his game and his mentality.

As i am good mates with one of the congs committee members, it’s interesting to see Eastley bowling the 2nd most overs at the club. I reckon he only bowls that much as he is apart of the committee group and we all know what happens to those who are involved with the club. Dont thnk i have to go on any further. Its a shame to see a joker running the inside operations at the congs.

My team can’t make finals this year and but i will be on the congs bandwagon as i believe the A.Eastley change for S.Brown has to be made before its too late.

Hi Unknown,

You did go to alot of work on that name.

Mate, I have openly said I am a congs player so I can tell you first hand that is rubbish. The team is working well, and Captain and Vice Captain are a great combination. Callus is new to the comp, and reggie brings the knowledge.

Great combination, and to be honest even with you bringing it up, i cannot think of a time where there has been an issue.

As for a change of bowling, Interesting thought to. AE has been down at the club for 2 years, maybe 3 and in those years has been a valuable player. The team, coaches and commitee seem to be behind him 100%. Great club man, and as for joker, strange comment. The man is extremely well educated, great family man so I dare say your info is biased to one of your pals who may be missing out.

From memory, Sonny asked to go down to the 2's. He may get a game this week because of a few outs we have, so it could be an opportunity for him.

I also know that eastley would play two's if it was asked of him, his work commitments are starting to build has the business develops and home commitments gather momentum, so I dont think it would fuss him to much. Maybe a chance of a flag will push him through to stand up to the challenges for 08.

Mirrors;202819 said:
Indians,

Thanks for the info.

With St Andrews picking up new player Hodgart, will strenghten their batting greatly. Batted majority of the overs when he played for ANA.Very solid batting technique, if you dont get him out early, he will bat the whole day. Will be interesting to see if he lines up in the first next game.

Giveitup;202826 said:
MeltonStar,Great to see someone else posting on here about another club. Unfortunatley what you have posted is crap. I wouldn't be so cocky about your Melton boys winning the GF this year. Its going to be an intersesting finals series with either St Johns or Congs to take it out. Word is that you guys arn't the team of old and that other clubs have raised the bar this year and you may not rise to the challenge.

St Andrew's are also on their way up and may not do it this year but will have a close crack next year.

Mirrors & Indians,You are on the money about Melton. They might be getting a big shock come finals time casue both games against Congs & St Johns were not convincing wins by a long shot.

Giveitup.

I put in as much thought on the handle as Unknown did.

Thanks.

WDCAcricketer;202829 said:
With St Andrews picking up new player Hodgart, will strenghten their batting greatly. Batted majority of the overs when he played for ANA.Very solid batting technique, if you dont get him out early, he will bat the whole day. Will be interesting to see if he lines up in the first next game.

WDCAcricketer, tell me more of this bloke please!

MeltonStar;202822 said:
Mirrors i think you should stop talking about the blonde in the skirt & blue top because it sounds like youd get more excited seing Eastley rock up to a game in a skirt

Meltonstar,

The bigfellow is to hairy for a denim skirt, but in saying that it dosent stop your supporters coming down to the games. oops.

I think I know who Mirrors is, so I will have a chat tonight if he comes down and confirm your interest Meltonstar seeing you have a fasination for blokes.

2 posts, to references to getting excited by blokes, something your not telling us?

WDCAcricketer;202829 said:

WDCAcricketer, would like to hear more about this bloke.

Would be good to see another quality bat in the comp.

Indians;202832 said:
WDCAcricketer, tell me more of this bloke please!

I captained him last season and till December 07 when he decided to cross over to St Andrews. Funny enough he had to get the clearnce papers signed by his old man, as his the secetary. Big talk around ANA at this loss and he potentially could of been our best bat if his attitude changed. He was always reluctant to play in our first. Played one game in the first last year made 60 odd and refused to play after that. He bats at 3, and has a very solid defence. This year he has developed more attacking shots. He also was one of our best fielder,s deadly in runout situations and a good set of hands. Wish him the best of luck at St Andrews and hopefully they get the best out of him.

Indians;202824 said:
Mirrors, firstly if he knew you were using his name for evil you would be a dead man. The big Fellow hates the nickname but wears the story of how he got it with pride. Maybe, we can no enforce the nickname Schick. You'd know that story for sure Mirrors!!!

St Andrews played well, Unlucky as you say. Drapers pace was right up there and is easily the quickest going around.

Dropped catches early on cost you guys.

Top order did well, set the foundation but the middle order couldnt go on. Which is a shame because it was looking to be a good game with alot of runs set to chase and St Andrews chasing well.

See you in the finals.

Indians,

I do know the story of which you speak, Schick.

I see you may have got a trundle if your name is as simple as it seems. Either of you bowled well! H Uppal a little over the shop but I think thats why he is in the side.

Thanks for your views, Its good to get feedback. I think WDCAcricketer knows of a new player at St Andrews which I have seen him push up, Let us hear more of him

Well well........

Now this forum is heating up, I'm loving it!

Congs will be there but I think it will be a dark horse for the flag.....

N. Parish is a young talent that will be a very handy bowler when he fills out a bit. Bowls a good line and length. If he was at a different club I think his bowling would improve 10 fold.

Any thoughts???@|

MeltonStar I dont see why we need to get personal. We all understand what you think of Eastley and while I dont think he is the best bowler in the comp I do think he is an honest bowler who plays with great spirit and contributes on and off the field. Have a bit of respect!!!!!

Indians....A Congs Man!!!! Great to see soemone owning up to their origin.
I can say that you are right on the money about Reggie. I know him well from playing in the comp for many years and I can say that he is a proud man who gets along with anyone. Im sure Callas is a welcome sight and Reggie has all the respect and admiration for him.

Giveitup;202826 said:

Yes Giveitup, good to see another poster about the comp. I think he is a little confused about the site however!!! I have a feeling he may have something against the congs boys.

Meltonstar, I would like to hear comments about your club and how you propose to win the flag this year, being a Sunday game you played against Congs, I had the chance to watch the game and then let the dog have a run afterwards, and the pitch was rubbish.

What have you got to combat the players other clubs have?

Giveitup;202846 said:
MeltonStar I dont see why we need to get personal. We all understand what you think of Eastley and while I dont think he is the best bowler in the comp I do think he is an honest bowler who plays with great spirit and contributes on and off the field. Have a bit of respect!!!!!

Indians....A Congs Man!!!! Great to see soemone owning up to their origin.
I can say that you are right on the money about Reggie. I know him well from playing in the comp for many years and I can say that he is a proud man who gets along with anyone. Im sure Callas is a welcome sight and Reggie has all the respect and admiration for him.

Giveitup.

Well done, I think Meltonstar dosent like him very much. Meltonstar, post something of use or buggeroff, so the forum can be used for its intentions. To learn about clubs, players and whats going on in general.

Happy to own up to it, had enough of the posts I saw and thought it was time to jump aboard.

Reggie and Mick are a team, like the rest of us, all focused on one thing, A flag in 2008.

Reggie is portrayed, especially by one club in the comp as a trouble maker, which he is not. Clubs would be benefitted by a bloke that is a passionate for a club like he is. We have 4 senior teams at the moment, and all the blokes are passionate for the club.

The commitee, have created a new culture, they removed Chris Smith from the club, introduced some new players, changed some of the previous culture at the club and turned over a couple of senior players for new blood. I challenge anyone to say that the club is not in a better shape because of it.

The club is now alot welcomming to families because of the bad eggs being moved on. Only a strong commitee can do that!

Unknown, maybe learn a little more about a club first before you start to ridicule. If you are not going to make finals, then you play for Roosters 2. I would start to look at your situation first before looking at the way another club is run!

The club will move soon to secure all the players and coaching staff for next year.

wait there!!!;202843 said:
Well well........

Now this forum is heating up, I'm loving it!

Congs will be there but I think it will be a dark horse for the flag.....

N. Parish is a young talent that will be a very handy bowler when he fills out a bit. Bowls a good line and length. If he was at a different club I think his bowling would improve 10 fold.

Any thoughts???@|

Wait there.

Played against Parish as you know.

Played well against us, and took 5 I think? Like all bowlers he tired in the end and had a few extra runs taken from him from 10 & 11, offcourse with the other bowlers involved also.

He can come down to the Congs next year if he wants a new home.

WDCAcricketer;202838 said:
I captained him last season and till December 07 when he decided to cross over to St Andrews. Funny enough he had to get the clearnce papers signed by his old man, as his the secetary. Big talk around ANA at this loss and he potentially could of been our best bat if his attitude changed. He was always reluctant to play in our first. Played one game in the first last year made 60 odd and refused to play after that. He bats at 3, and has a very solid defence. This year he has developed more attacking shots. He also was one of our best fielder,s deadly in runout situations and a good set of hands. Wish him the best of luck at St Andrews and hopefully they get the best out of him.

Sounds alot like Flood at Congs.

Flood joined the congs after the establishment of the father son team (E grade) But as I see from a previous post you saw Flood play and recognised he was in the wrong grade.

The comp needs more quality batsman!

Indians;202856 said:
Wait there.

Played against Parish as you know.

Played well against us, and took 5 I think? Like all bowlers he tired in the end and had a few extra runs taken from him from 10 & 11, offcourse with the other bowlers involved also.

He can come down to the Congs next year if he wants a new home.

Not sure how the gradings are done in the churches, would think the Congs should look at having their seconds play in A grade next year, so the jump to Turf isnt as big. Having coached against their juniors, they are well coached and well supported. Seems like they are heading in the right direction.

Any confirmation whether there will be turf wickets on grey reserve in the near future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back