Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Howz_That?;201636 said:
Based only on what I have seen of Evans I don't rate him in the top 5 bowlers in the comp and district seconds is beyond him, he would get smashed. As i said though this is only based on what I have seen of him and thats only a few games.
howz that,

fair enough call on evans. i think that he looks good but i agree there are probably a few in front of him. davies from melton is a really good bowler. i would go close to saying he would be right up there in the comp. it seems like he is very hard to score off and still takes wickets.

can't bat;201639 said:
howz that,

fair enough call on evans. i think that he looks good but i agree there are probably a few in front of him. davies from melton is a really good bowler. i would go close to saying he would be right up there in the comp. it seems like he is very hard to score off and still takes wickets.

yeh i would agree with that, also have both temby's, callus, murray, clayton and the like ahead of evans at this stage.

frankiej;200445 said:
ok we hav heard about the turf grade/s a lot, wat about the bottom grades or the matts, who will win in them, any stand out players or teams there?

Druids in C grade i reckon but im biased. Besides us i reckon St.Andrews and Congs.
As for players in C grade i cant go past the Keeper from Congs got 130 in two digs against us just couldnt seem to get him out. Another standout player would be A.Matus from Druids he has bout 20 odd wickets and has finally got going with the bat made a good 85 under pressure last game.

Shaggy_Kingston;201667 said:
Druids in C grade i reckon but im biased. Besides us i reckon St.Andrews and Congs.
As for players in C grade i cant go past the Keeper from Congs got 130 in two digs against us just couldnt seem to get him out. Another standout player would be A.Matus from Druids he has bout 20 odd wickets and has finally got going with the bat made a good 85 under pressure last game.

If Druids dont win the C Grade then it is a disgrace considering they are playing in a grade that is too low for them. They should be playing A Grade at a minimum.

Shaggy_Kingston;201667 said:

Hi all,

Good to see a few new posts.

The churches comp kicks off this weekend and theres talk of St Andrews of late and this week they will play against a side that will make the finals in Congs. First test to see where they are at, that goes for both teams.

Congs took a hit last game prior to Christmas and lowered there colours to Melton. Talk was that it was a dicey deck and when they meet in the finals, and playing on a good deck we will see a game thats for sure.

Evans as a bowler, I cant see how he has been rated so high, I have seen him and can say, wasent impressed. Seen alot better in the comp, and would have in maybe in the top 10, but thats no certainty. Lots to do before I can have him rated as high as some of the other blokes kicking around.

Any one know of any changes to sides for the coming weekend???

P.S. The information regarding clayton is old, he buggered off last game before christmas, rumour is he had a cry about evans bowling more overs then him and not getting a go.

Howz_That?;201670 said:
If Druids dont win the C Grade then it is a disgrace considering they are playing in a grade that is too low for them. They should be playing A Grade at a minimum.

We can only play who is put in front of us and that is where the league has put us also asked to be in a higher grade. We have lost two games as well so what was going on with those teams should they be playing turf.

Quickton;201589 said:
Alright, I'm pretty sure playing a season with his dad was Josh's idea, not his dad's. Josh is THAT good, he is only young and he will be playing District 2's at least in the next few years. I think he is also playing for Western Spirit this week.......so yeah he is good.

quickton, i just heard merv and boonie are looking at josh for the 3rd test. i think brett lee is unavailable, he is playing whit his grand father in th 6ths at parramatta. also the mail is brad hodge is considering giving the game away after hearing josh is going to play district cricket, he is scared of his pace. get real goose, which district side are you a selector of??? you make it sound like he is a walk up start wherever he goes. and by the way, if it was josh's idea to play churches this year he will never make it, he will play in the churches as long as his dad does. what good comes out of going backards besides trying to be the big fish in a small pond. go and give your mate josh a big kiss and tell him how good he is. you make me sick.

Quickton;201381 said:
can't bat,

I have played with Josh at subbies for Melton, and also coached against him in juniors. He obviously pretty much dominated in juniors, and was in subbies seconds in his first season. He left subbies to play at Centrals with his old man. He is a VERY good bowler, bowls a nice tight line and his pace is getting sharper and sharper as he grows. Get on the front foot to Joshy, that's my best advice.

Josh Evens is an OK bowler for his age I suppose, he will get better as time goes on. Josh may appear to be better then he really is because of the side he is playing in. Now that Clayton is gone he is the front line bowler but without the only guy in that Melton side that had any balls. Once the other teams start to get into Josh's head he will crumble..... He is still very young.
Maybe that intimidation that Melton had on some sides will disappear now that Clayton and Bolinger are gone!;)

can't bat;201629 said:
games to start on the weekend. anyone want to give an insight on how there clubs are travelling? talked this week to a reliable source and clayton is gone from melton for the year. you can bet your house on that one.

I have heard a small rumor going around that there are some issues within the Roosters camp.
A lot of the players are un happy with the current coach and have asked a blow in from another club if he wants to do the job.......:eek:
I don't know if it will happen this year or for the next season but where there's smoke there's fire....:confused:

1short;201721 said:
quickton, i just heard merv and boonie are looking at josh for the 3rd test. i think brett lee is unavailable, he is playing whit his grand father in th 6ths at parramatta. also the mail is brad hodge is considering giving the game away after hearing josh is going to play district cricket, he is scared of his pace. get real goose, which district side are you a selector of??? you make it sound like he is a walk up start wherever he goes. and by the way, if it was josh's idea to play churches this year he will never make it, he will play in the churches as long as his dad does. what good comes out of going backards besides trying to be the big fish in a small pond. go and give your mate josh a big kiss and tell him how good he is. you make me sick.

Mate, I was just replying to a question posted. Get stuck in to me if you want, I was just giving an opinion. Natural progression says Josh will get better, he is not a mate of mine, I have seen him play and played in the same club as him and I think he has talent. That's my opinion, I'm entitled to it, as your entitled to your's.

wait there!!!;201732 said:
I have heard a small rumor going around that there are some issues within the Roosters camp.
A lot of the players are un happy with the current coach and have asked a blow in from another club if he wants to do the job.......:eek:
I don't know if it will happen this year or for the next season but where there's smoke there's fire....:confused:

funny enough was talking to a guy yesterday who apparently was asked if he was interested in coaching them.

Mirrors;201671 said:
Hi all,

Good to see a few new posts.

The churches comp kicks off this weekend and theres talk of St Andrews of late and this week they will play against a side that will make the finals in Congs. First test to see where they are at, that goes for both teams.

Congs took a hit last game prior to Christmas and lowered there colours to Melton. Talk was that it was a dicey deck and when they meet in the finals, and playing on a good deck we will see a game thats for sure.

Evans as a bowler, I cant see how he has been rated so high, I have seen him and can say, wasent impressed. Seen alot better in the comp, and would have in maybe in the top 10, but thats no certainty. Lots to do before I can have him rated as high as some of the other blokes kicking around.

Any one know of any changes to sides for the coming weekend???

P.S. The information regarding clayton is old, he buggered off last game before christmas, rumour is he had a cry about evans bowling more overs then him and not getting a go.

St Andrews have just picked up a bloke from us, who is a very good bat, though refused to play in our firsts, and was suspended last year for not playing where picked. Will be interesting to see what happens at St Andrews. Seen on results vault he played E Grade? what a waste, he would definally help St Andrews Turf team, bats for most of the overs and a brillant fielder.

WDCAcricketer;202056 said:
St Andrews have just picked up a bloke from us, who is a very good bat, though refused to play in our firsts, and was suspended last year for not playing where picked. Will be interesting to see what happens at St Andrews. Seen on results vault he played E Grade? what a waste, he would definally help St Andrews Turf team, bats for most of the overs and a brillant fielder.

He did only play e for 1 game he wont stay there. Should be in turf this week.

Altona 2 beating Altona 1 what a joke, the club is a rabble if that can happen. Also how good is Flood from Congs going, got to be close to the best new player in the comp along with Callus, well done to the Congs administration for signing some quality players and raising the standard of the comp. Melton Centrals were a bit shakey on the weekend being 5 for 60 chasing the below par 140 set by St Johns, they are deffinately beatable I would say.

Other peoples thoughts on the round??

Howz_That?;202147 said:
Altona 2 beating Altona 1 what a joke, the club is a rabble if that can happen. Also how good is Flood from Congs going, got to be close to the best new player in the comp along with Callus, well done to the Congs administration for signing some quality players and raising the standard of the comp. Melton Centrals were a bit shakey on the weekend being 5 for 60 chasing the below par 140 set by St Johns, they are deffinately beatable I would say.

Howz That, The Altona result is strange dont you think. Questions may need to be asked there!!! Flood from Congs struggled on Saturday, the runs were scratchy but if you can churn out 40 odd scratchy runs your laughing. Congs still have some way to go though, some concerns about how deep thier list is.

Melton is beatable, no doubt about that and St Johns are not the worst side going around either. The last 2 games, Melton havent impressed me, beat Congs when they won the toss, and just got over the line this week.

Mirrors,

I did hear that Flood struggled for runs on the weekend but was good enough to tough it out. Full credit to the man. Congs dont have the depth as they had a few years ago but i believe A.Eastley is the key for the rest of the season. His probing and honest line and length will allow for the other congs bowlers to attack from the other end.

After watching from the sidelines when we played congs , i believe he is the quickest bowler at the Congs. The batting is very vulenerable as they rely on the same few to make runs.

Melton is the team to look out for as they have already beaten the two contendors for the flag.

Howz_That?;202147 said:

ROOSTERS WHATS GOING ON? i cant stop laughing. the 1s get the pick of the crop and get beat easy by the so called 2s. questions have to be asked of the captain coach, is he picking the best team or his best mates? i would be ashamed if i played for a teams 1s and the 2nds beat us. hang your head in shame the whole 11 of you, you have made your club the joke about town.

Unknown;202201 said:
Mirrors,

I did hear that Flood struggled for runs on the weekend but was good enough to tough it out. Full credit to the man. Congs dont have the depth as they had a few years ago but i believe A.Eastley is the key for the rest of the season. His probing and honest line and length will allow for the other congs bowlers to attack from the other end.

After watching from the sidelines when we played congs , i believe he is the quickest bowler at the Congs. The batting is very vulenerable as they rely on the same few to make runs.

Melton is the team to look out for as they have already beaten the two contendors for the flag.

unknown, not sure if eastley is the quickest at the congs. i've been told that young uppal is quicker but does'nt get the new rock like eastly. he is 1st or 2nd change and the ball is gone by then. thats the mail i'm getting. also heard that flood came out of the game a bit bruised and batterd but toughed it out. BIG raps on draper's opening spell. was quick and moving around. should of had 5 wickets if they had a good keeper and slips that could catch.

Mirrors;202159 said:
Howz That, The Altona result is strange dont you think. Questions may need to be asked there!!! Flood from Congs struggled on Saturday, the runs were scratchy but if you can churn out 40 odd scratchy runs your laughing. Congs still have some way to go though, some concerns about how deep thier list is.

Melton is beatable, no doubt about that and St Johns are not the worst side going around either. The last 2 games, Melton havent impressed me, beat Congs when they won the toss, and just got over the line this week.
hi all,

very interesting round just gone by. the roosters thing is a very strange one. just looked at results vault and noticed alot of melton players out, so although they can be beat there still looking okay. they just beat the third best team with alot of there better players out. congs look like there going along very nicely to. should be an entertaining last half of the year.

can't bat;202250 said:
hi all,

very interesting round just gone by. the roosters thing is a very strange one. just looked at results vault and noticed alot of melton players out, so although they can be beat there still looking okay. they just beat the third best team with alot of there better players out. congs look like there going along very nicely to. should be an entertaining last half of the year.

Only quality player Melton was missing was Orr and possibly Hullett and if St Johns held catches they would have gone very close to winning. Also it is not often that the Temby brothers and Uncle only score 6 runs between them. Don't count St Johns out yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back