Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Mirrors;199120 said:
Good morning all,

B. Flood. Well what I can I say about this bloke.

I have heard that he arrived at Congs last year as part of a scheme that the club devised to play young blokes with thier dads. He did well last year in the lower grades and it was a commitee decision to play him up, which he excepted. After all, someone making 100 odd every game against the kids wasnt doing anyone any good.

He came up for his first game against St Johns and made 96 and since then has helped the congs start with a new opening pair.

He is also a very patient batsman, and thats what the congs needed after the last pair generally chased runs from ball one, they'd be plenty after 10 overs or be on the ropes depending how the opening pair went.

Sounds like the finals will be an interesting race, plenty of opinons and favorites out there.

Mirrors,

Who will win the flag this year?

Who will win comp batting?

Who will win comp bowling?

Who will win comp B & F?

wait there!!!;200811 said:
Mirrors,

Who will win the flag this year?

Who will win comp batting?

Who will win comp bowling?

Who will win comp B & F?

What there.

Flag. Three horse race. Melton, St Johns are capable and Congs. All those teams have strengths and weaknessess.

Comp Batting. D Temby.

Comp Bowling. M Callas.

Comp B&F. Im not sure how they work it out to be honest. Im not sure if it is a point system (Runs, Wickets,Catches etc etc) or just whom the powers that be decide whom they believe to be the best and fairest based on the umpires.

Mirrors;201065 said:
What there.

Flag. Three horse race. Melton, St Johns are capable and Congs. All those teams have strengths and weaknessess.

Comp Batting. D Temby.

Comp Bowling. M Callas.

Comp B&F. Im not sure how they work it out to be honest. Im not sure if it is a point system (Runs, Wickets,Catches etc etc) or just whom the powers that be decide whom they believe to be the best and fairest based on the umpires.
Mirrors

you seem to be on the money with your predictions, although i think that although st johns are the third best team in it they will struggle to keep up with the other two. st johns have the players but struggle a bit on depth from what i've seen. don't get me wrong i rate st johns as a team but i think depth of a side is really important in finals. i see it as a two horse race with my money on melton. but i'm known as a bad punter. altona as my darky to make the grand final. i think they can do some damage on there day. any thoghts?

can't bat;201069 said:
Mirrors

you seem to be on the money with your predictions, although i think that although st johns are the third best team in it they will struggle to keep up with the other two. st johns have the players but struggle a bit on depth from what i've seen. don't get me wrong i rate st johns as a team but i think depth of a side is really important in finals. i see it as a two horse race with my money on melton. but i'm known as a bad punter. altona as my darky to make the grand final. i think they can do some damage on there day. any thoghts?

Cant bat.

I dont discount anyone anymore. Once you make the finals anything can happen and it just needs one team to be off their game, or someone from the shadows to appear and play a gem of an innings and the result all of a sudden has changed.

St Johns depth is a little concerning, but they have some really good players and on their day could do it, hey they were there last year.

Melton are the team to beat, they got the better of congs last game, regardless of the state of the wicket, a win is a win and because of that they deserve to be favorite.

I do know that Congs have a few players out in the first few games, many having commitments for work or families so they to will be tested with depth.

The premiership is still anyones but there is 2 favorites and a smokey in St Johns. The forth spot is the interesting one, altona or St Andrews, not to sure who I would want to play. Both could create an upset.

Mirrors;201106 said:
Cant bat.

I dont discount anyone anymore. Once you make the finals anything can happen and it just needs one team to be off their game, or someone from the shadows to appear and play a gem of an innings and the result all of a sudden has changed.

St Johns depth is a little concerning, but they have some really good players and on their day could do it, hey they were there last year.

Melton are the team to beat, they got the better of congs last game, regardless of the state of the wicket, a win is a win and because of that they deserve to be favorite.

I do know that Congs have a few players out in the first few games, many having commitments for work or families so they to will be tested with depth.

The premiership is still anyones but there is 2 favorites and a smokey in St Johns. The forth spot is the interesting one, altona or St Andrews, not to sure who I would want to play. Both could create an upset.
mirrors

your spot on with your comments about anyone being able to win it once they have got to the finals. it's a bit of a shame that there aren't more teams to fight out the finals spots. st andrews look like they are hesding in the right direction but i think you will find that they might still be a couple of years away. i think if they keep doing what there doing and have some juniors come through then look out for them. it wouldn't be easy having your second team playing c grade. they do remind me of melton only a couple of years ago.

Cant bat

Spot on re comments about st.andrews. We suffered a setback when a few of our topline players left and when we got booted from the hockey rooms but I firmly believe we are on the right track and hopefully by picking up a few players it may turn this once mighty club back to where we used to be.

Mirrors your predictions are pretty fair, I think Callus will win the B and F if he continues this form however if Dan Temby can take some wickets after chrissy then he could also go close. Also if Dave Temby can continue to be so consistent then he is a chance for the batting.

Also Borntiger fan St Andrews have a very good core group just need another class bat and bowl and things should turn around. It would be great for the comp if this happened.

borntigerfan;201236 said:
Cant bat

Spot on re comments about st.andrews. We suffered a setback when a few of our topline players left and when we got booted from the hockey rooms but I firmly believe we are on the right track and hopefully by picking up a few players it may turn this once mighty club back to where we used to be.
borntigerfan and howz that

looking from the outside, st andrews has the right people in place and look to be going very well off the feild. apart from picking up a good bat and bowler in the top grade i think the key to success is probably getting a few decent crickerters and get them playing a grade. i think this will be a big steping stone for st andrews to push up in the top grade. either way i've been really impressed of there results and it will be good for the comp for sure.

Thanks guys i appriciate the good word coming from both of you. I assure the club is working very hard to get back where we once were. I think our c can win the flag.

has anyone faced josh evans from melton yet? i've seen a bit of him and he looks as though he's got something about him? he looks as though he's pretty mature for a young bloke. any thoughts?

can't bat;201338 said:
has anyone faced josh evans from melton yet? i've seen a bit of him and he looks as though he's got something about him? he looks as though he's pretty mature for a young bloke. any thoughts?

can't bat,

I have played with Josh at subbies for Melton, and also coached against him in juniors. He obviously pretty much dominated in juniors, and was in subbies seconds in his first season. He left subbies to play at Centrals with his old man. He is a VERY good bowler, bowls a nice tight line and his pace is getting sharper and sharper as he grows. Get on the front foot to Joshy, that's my best advice.

Quickton;201381 said:
can't bat,

I have played with Josh at subbies for Melton, and also coached against him in juniors. He obviously pretty much dominated in juniors, and was in subbies seconds in his first season. He left subbies to play at Centrals with his old man. He is a VERY good bowler, bowls a nice tight line and his pace is getting sharper and sharper as he grows. Get on the front foot to Joshy, that's my best advice.
quickton,

thanks for the tip. so have do you know anything about any other players? what about critstofaro?

can't bat;201471 said:
quickton,

thanks for the tip. so have do you know anything about any other players? what about critstofaro?

Would that be Andy or Anthony??

Either way buddy, GOOD LUCK, both gun players and on their day will smash teams.

Quickton;201478 said:

Either way buddy, GOOD LUCK, both gun players and on their day will smash teams.
andy is playing in the churches this year. i've heard good things about him. sounds like a good pick up for them in any case.

Quickton;201478 said:

are yo for real or what? he must be related to you or something. the bloke has had 5 hits for 64 runs. just about any one can destroy a team on their day, guns are the guys that do it on a consistant basis. get real and stop pumping up your mates head, he might believe you

Quickton;201381 said:
can't bat,

if josh is that good whats he doing playing churches? you think he would try and play as high a level as he can. sounds like dad will stuff the kid up. instead of letting the kid strive to be the best he can be, looks like dad is worried about winning premierships and covering himself with glory. let it go dad you're past it, let the kids have some fun.

1short;201574 said:
are yo for real or what? he must be related to you or something. the bloke has had 5 hits for 64 runs. just about any one can destroy a team on their day, guns are the guys that do it on a consistant basis. get real and stop pumping up your mates head, he might believe you

Mate, I have seen Andy do some pretty special things - he might be having a bit of a bad run, but he also hasn't played cricket for a while as far as I know. He played subbies 2's and 1's at Melton and has a few subbies tons from memory so mate he can't be that bad can he...???...

1short;201578 said:
if josh is that good whats he doing playing churches? you think he would try and play as high a level as he can. sounds like dad will stuff the kid up. instead of letting the kid strive to be the best he can be, looks like dad is worried about winning premierships and covering himself with glory. let it go dad you're past it, let the kids have some fun.

Alright, I'm pretty sure playing a season with his dad was Josh's idea, not his dad's. Josh is THAT good, he is only young and he will be playing District 2's at least in the next few years. I think he is also playing for Western Spirit this week.......so yeah he is good.

games to start on the weekend. anyone want to give an insight on how there clubs are travelling? talked this week to a reliable source and clayton is gone from melton for the year. you can bet your house on that one.

Quickton;201589 said:
Alright, I'm pretty sure playing a season with his dad was Josh's idea, not his dad's. Josh is THAT good, he is only young and he will be playing District 2's at least in the next few years. I think he is also playing for Western Spirit this week.......so yeah he is good.

Based only on what I have seen of Evans I don't rate him in the top 5 bowlers in the comp and district seconds is beyond him, he would get smashed. As i said though this is only based on what I have seen of him and thats only a few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back