Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

kool;211395 said:
:D

Thats right cause congs are going to beat melton south this game:D

yes, and with souths a,c and d matts playing finals aswell they wont have a fully strong side like they did last time they played us.

Depends how they pick there teams. If they go full a then b and so on or spread it out over the 34 sides.

Anyone know how the other sides in the turf a preparing for the finals

finals cricket,what pressure can do!!!

hey all
just wanted to add my thoughts about the 2 games i saw at the angliss reserve on saturday.it was a great day for cricket and one side capitalised on it, St Johns, they were batting and were doing it with conviction, would have to say they suprised me and made a great score off 220 plus, dont think the congs can chase that down with the attack st johns have, with the temby brothers and trent. also the other game seemed to look like it was going to be over before the end of the day, with roosters loosing wickets at a steady pace, but the tail stood up and produced a great last wicket partnership of 50 +, then went out there and put the pressure on melton centrals from the first ball finishing up having them down and out at 5 for 40ish, i think roosters will beat melton early next week, having read there website weekly, will be interesting to see what is written this week.
well done to all teamas that got into the final, job well done, but even more to do to be the best!!!!

well, the golden boys of the comp are in trouble with the bat and rumour has it captain/coach reported maybe it is time these blokes take off their rose coloured glasses and take a good hard look at themselves instead of blaming every other club. i believe the bloke reported is hanging up his whites at the end of the season if not i hope that the tribunal gives him the maximum sentence. i think some clubs every second thursday instead of training have courses in sledging and finally this bloke has been caught out|@

Hono,

I couldn't agree with you more. JEFF EVANS of MELTON CENTRALS was reported for giving one of the Roosters batsman a colorful send off. It's about time the umpires had the guts to report that clown. @| I hope the tribunal rubs him out for a few matches. Melton Centrals have been getting away with sledging for years. They dish it out, but when teams return fire, they cry like little babies. No doubt their web site will say Roosters started it. It was also interesting to read on their web site in their 'NEWS' section, that they have never had any players reported and to quote "A Proud record, that shows what we are really about". So much for that record. The only thing they are about is blaming everyone else for their problems....

Turf
Roosters will beat Cry babies by about 20 runs.
Congs V St Johns - Evenly poised, could go either way

A Grade
Melt South & Caroline Springs will both win easily

B Grade
St Johns to beat Roosters
Melton South to beat Congs

C Grade
St Andrews to beat Melton South
Druids (turf team) to thump Werribee Centrals

D Grade
Roosters to win easily
Albion in a thriller over the cry babies oops Melton Centrals

E Grade
St Andrews & W'town Colts to win

Re: finals cricket,what pressure can do!!!

silence the critics;212188 said:
hey all
just wanted to add my thoughts about the 2 games i saw at the angliss reserve on saturday.it was a great day for cricket and one side capitalised on it, St Johns, they were batting and were doing it with conviction, would have to say they suprised me and made a great score off 220 plus, dont think the congs can chase that down with the attack st johns have, with the temby brothers and trent. also the other game seemed to look like it was going to be over before the end of the day, with roosters loosing wickets at a steady pace, but the tail stood up and produced a great last wicket partnership of 50 +, then went out there and put the pressure on melton centrals from the first ball finishing up having them down and out at 5 for 40ish, i think roosters will beat melton early next week, having read there website weekly, will be interesting to see what is written this week.
well done to all teamas that got into the final, job well done, but even more to do to be the best!!!!

well well, sounds like you guys at st johns are happy with your score or else you would'nt be posting anything, like you havent all year.;) i'll tell you this much mate, being 2 for 100 at tea and only making 220 isnt that good, and batting on a road. 220 is not enough with congs batting depth and temp forecast all week in the 30's and saturday 33. i think you might need to have a few back up bowlers in that heat and after getting smashed twice by the congs, i dont think the tembys have bragging rights going into this week:eek:

Giveitup;207780 said:
...1short you are correct...... the rumour is true. But it doesnt say much about the boys down there when they are trying to replace a captain/coach before seasons end. It isn't right and I commend the bloke for sticking around while his future has already been decided. If the wins arn't on the board then the finger points straight to the coach...that's life unfortunatley.....but anyone who is openly poaching players from other clubs to coach and bad mouthing the current coach might want to think about what damage they are doing to the reputation of their club at present:confused:

Roosters at the moment arn't united and it doesnt sit right with many people.
1st side should make finals so why dont we wait till then to finally judge the guys performance. Anything can happen come finals and it only takes 1 bad day from the top clubs together with a Roosters good day and they could find themselves in the Grandfinal. Im sure everyone will be jumping on the coaches ban wagon....I can promise you that.
Im also confident, but sorry to say, that this will probably not happen....nothing wrong with wishfull thinking!!!!!!!!:)

Boys read'm and weep...Was I right or was I right
Anything can happen come finals and yesterday was a great example. Melton will have to put up a great fight come Saturday if they are going to win this one. Roosters are holding the cards and hopefully it stays that way. J Evans did get reported and so he should have, he acted like a fool!

I was also suprised to see St Johns make over 200. Congs bowling line up has been their strengh all year. It looks like if the Captain doesnt take a bag for them then they struggle. Cant rely on 1 person boys you need the other bowlers to chip in.......
Congs have 2 or 3 gun bats that can win it for them no worries, but will they FIRE on the day? I would imagine that the likes of Flood & Uppal would be carrying some very heavy shoulders come Saturday:eek:

hey guys just wanted to comment on a certain opposition player that i thought along with other from his team made a poor effort this weekend and is a regular ************. had to leave early during finals, has not made a decent score all year althought he has not moved from the opening spot, the worst feilder in the comp, would have practually paid for the cricket trip. he is a disgrace to the competition. it makes me wonder what the reasons are behind selecting him every week???? this player is a congs player with a big mouth and really belongs to melton centrals with his attitude. mohommad el hassan aka mushi!!!! hope your hemroids are all good btw!!!!

inside man;212210 said:
Turf
Roosters will beat Cry babies by about 20 runs.
Congs V St Johns - Evenly poised, could go either way

A Grade
Melt South & Caroline Springs will both win easily

B Grade
St Johns to beat Roosters
Melton South to beat Congs

C Grade
St Andrews to beat Melton South
Druids (turf team) to thump Werribee Centrals

D Grade
Roosters to win easily
Albion in a thriller over the cry babies oops Melton Centrals

E Grade
St Andrews & W'town Colts to win

We would be happy with that.

Wow didnt hear about the jeff evans report, cause left before end of the day, that is some fantastic news, i bet he was spewing, seeing his wonderful boys(best team of the year???) fall apart batting, because of the pressure. seeing them get beaten would be fantastic, there arrogance will splat in there face, and it comes from the top.

it will be an interesting day next week down at the angliss reserve, will be certain to pop my head in again!
the congs do have a few good bats, but as we have seen in many previous finals, its up to them to be switched on and 100%.
saying the tembys dont have bragging rights is miles off, they are easily 2 of the best 5 players in the comp. they can win a game with either bat or ball, and even then you have trent backing them up taking 30 wickets a year.
i think it will be a close match, certainly a good tussle for the finals.
when talking to a roosters player they said some of the decisions were shocking!! the quality of umpires needs to be looked at over the next week, becuase some that are officiating are below par. would have to be a Geoff Gook and David Forbes grand final. Ron Turner and Adam Kryger, have ruined games with poor decisions, and you cant have that in a grand final... anyone else have any opinions on the matter of umpires full stop???

batandnoballs;212263 said:
hey guys just wanted to comment on a certain opposition player that i thought along with other from his team made a poor effort this weekend and is a regular ************. had to leave early during finals, has not made a decent score all year althought he has not moved from the opening spot, the worst feilder in the comp, would have practually paid for the cricket trip. he is a disgrace to the competition. it makes me wonder what the reasons are behind selecting him every week???? this player is a congs player with a big mouth and really belongs to melton centrals with his attitude. mohommad el hassan aka mushi!!!! hope your hemroids are all good btw!!!!

Batandnoballs.

I see you have joined the merry men of people who like to pick out a congs player and have a go at them. I think there is a new bloke every week that someone has a dip at on here.

So, if you say there was other guys that put in a poor performance go ahead and name them!!! I would love to hear if the regular names get mentioned. I am convinced that this will be the case simply due to many people being sheep with very little or no minds of their own.

From my vantage point on the ground, it looked very much a road of a wicket and the outfield was lightening. I was impressed that we held St Johns to 220 odd as the target we set out was 300+ especially when you have the opposition 2 for 100 at tea.

Its strange, Congs finish second simply due to playing a few games less then the top side and yet people still question a winning formula? Ummm... Not to sure about the logic on that. A side is made up of 11 players and each bloke brings something to a side which, in the washup is hoped will win a flag.

Being in the huddle at the end of the game, yes we were disappointed not because of St Johns putting together a respectable/par score but because of the high standard we have set for eachother this year and not being able to meet it in the Semi. At least we get our chance this weekend!

To digress, I think the Cats put in a shocker of a game in the penultimate round to flog the opposition in the Grandfinal.

Anyways, enough said about this as it dosent warrant to much rebutal. I am beginning to believe other posters when they say this is a Congs site with the amount of comments about our side on here.

I wish the site carried our pictures so our sponsers would get more value for money and we could inturn demand more sponsorship dollars for the exposure we get on Big Cricket.

I did see bits and pieces of the Altona game against Centrals and I must say I am pleased that those boys are doing well. A great fightback to be 8 for 50 odd.

Hearing that old man Evans was reported was great, its about time the association and the umpires in it got the balls to do something about that mob. I am so tired of the tears when they get it but even more tired of nothing being done when they dish it out.

I hope the Roosters get up for multiple reasons this weekend but if they dont, I would love to see him on the sidelines in the grand final.

Maybe Centrals can hand out Semi final medals to thier boys at the conclusion of the weekend???

RE:Maybe Centrals can hand out Semi final medals to thier boys at the conclusion of the weekend???

very good comment there!!!

i also believe that this web site shouldnt be used to bag players out,
and have to agree with indians that a team is a team(11-12 blokes) you should all play your part, and together are a force to be recond with. successful sides rely on everyone playing a significant role, not relying on a couple.
so be it if it is a congs site, if this is how they choose to communicate with others thats fine also, just dont get to caught up in the moment on here when you blokes have to play finals this weekend, take the fire in the bellys out on to the feild and show it with bat and ball.

batandnoballs;212263 said:

Hey buddy

There is a few things i would like to say

First, It seems like you can talk the talk, im wondering wether you can walk the walk. Why dont you be a man and reveal yourself and if you want you can turn up to training on Tues or Thurs and say it to my face or even turn up to the game on Saturday. You CAT

Second, you are spot on i have not made a run all year, which is my biggest regret not because i have not made a run but because i have let my team mates down. This is my first year at the congs and my 6th year of cricket and they are definatlly the best bunch of blokes i have played with

Looking fowared to seeing you soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back