Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

tayls;213247 said:
Possibly.

Can't give too much away.

Well, i was speaking to someone taday and they said he might bring some mates as well. whats the chances. he had pretty good year at district level, made a few runs as well. that would make you flag fav aswell for next year. nice quick bowler on sone doggy decks might be intersting

borntigerfan;213092 said:
If we had some decent bats in our side then Jimmy Draper would be right up there so tlets not make this a congs fest as it seems to be.

i agree draper is a very good bowler. its not your bats that will make him the best, its people who can catch and a couple of other bowlers who bowl tight and can keep the pressure on@|

1short;213300 said:
i agree draper is a very good bowler. its not your bats that will make him the best, its people who can catch and a couple of other bowlers who bowl tight and can keep the pressure on@|

Spot on we are just lacking some depth at the minute the twos should make the gf but not many there who may warrant turf selection. As for give it up you said it mate.

1short;213083 said:
hahaha are you for real. you make me sick.:mad: best bowler in the comp is mick callus by th length of the west gate freeway. match winning bowler and leading wicket taker in turf. everyone says all he bowls is wrong uns but nobody seems to pick them, even when they know they are coming. :confused: please people lets remember the whole season and not 1 or 2 games;)

Yes Mick is a good bowler, but the results say that Razor has taken a heap of wickets for f**k all runs mate. So when you are rating the two Razor wins hands down. You want a bowler that takes wickets without conceeding to many runs which is what he does.
Mick is a leggy and turns the ball a long way, so I'm suprised to hear he only bowls wrong'uns:confused: . Maybe that's what everyone thinks he is bowling because they know he can bowl it.
I remember he used to get a fair few stumpings when he was in the WDCA comp, has he got many this year, that would tell you if he is bowling his big ripping leggy's or not.

typewriter;213228 said:
hey tayls i heard u might have a big recruit for next season already

a left arm opening bowler, middle order bat playing district 1s at the moment any truth????

If this so called gun isn't related to anyone from the team or isn't getting big dollars, why would he come down from playing District 1st to the churches comp:confused:

Finals update

St Johns Vs Roosters Final.......Who would have ever guessed.!!!

Roosters can still win. St Johns need 70 runs with 7 wickets in hand. A couple of quick wickets and its anyone's game. A Bhasin & D Temby are the only recognised bats left that can make a huge score so if they go cheaply I think Roosters can get over the line. If these boys stay in then its all over red rover.|@

Hi all,

can anyone tell me if that fool from melton centrals got anytime on the side line?

I know that the bloke from melton centrals is having his hearing after the finals are finished.

Maybe he just wants to play for fun.

Who knows? Stranger things have happened.

Thanks for that after we won we celebrated for 3 days and are just getting back to normal. Where have all the other posters gone from here?

Check out Melton Centrals web site. Looks like Evans and Hulett got suspended at the tribunal, for their behaviour in the semi final.

The only thing that they are the best at, is blaming everyone else for their problems.

1 premiership in 20 years in the top grade is nothing to boast about.

To my way of thinking, St Johns should be the ones boasting, 3 Turf premierships in 6 years.

I believe St Andrews are looking for a captain coach, with a fairly young list mid to late 20's compared to other teams might just be ideal for a up and comming coach.

100 up;215774 said:
Check out Melton Centrals web site. Looks like Evans and Hulett got suspended at the tribunal, for their behaviour in the semi final.

The only thing that they are the best at, is blaming everyone else for their problems.

1 premiership in 20 years in the top grade is nothing to boast about.

To my way of thinking, St Johns should be the ones boasting, 3 Turf premierships in 6 years.
i have had alot to do with melton centrals over the last few years and believe that there is a self belief and a winning culture that has really helped bring our top grade up near the top over the last few years. it wasn't to long ago when they themselves were a young side and classed as the easy beats of the comp. i think that no matter how you feel about the club that people should still respect what they have achieved over the last couple of years. that being said i also hope people out there realise that your reading things on the website that are put on there by one member of the club. i myself can assure you that these aren't always the view of the players. you can say whatever you like about the club and the players but realise like all other clubs that there are plenty of different opinions from many different characters and i can tell you for a fact that there are alot of very strong and competetive players down there that are very far from being sooks and just want to play good hard cricket like the rest of you.

can't bat;215882 said:
i have had alot to do with melton centrals over the last few years and believe that there is a self belief and a winning culture that has really helped bring our top grade up near the top over the last few years. it wasn't to long ago when they themselves were a young side and classed as the easy beats of the comp. i think that no matter how you feel about the club that people should still respect what they have achieved over the last couple of years. that being said i also hope people out there realise that your reading things on the website that are put on there by one member of the club. i myself can assure you that these aren't always the view of the players. you can say whatever you like about the club and the players but realise like all other clubs that there are plenty of different opinions from many different characters and i can tell you for a fact that there are alot of very strong and competetive players down there that are very far from being sooks and just want to play good hard cricket like the rest of you.

Can't bat

You are right, you have come a long way from about 4 or 5 years ago. But l, along with others are getting a bit tired of Centrals blaming other people when things don't go their way. If they loose, the umpire cops a bashing, bad decisions, incompetent etc. Not the other team were too good.

Centrals have been good sledgers the last 3 or 4 seasons, but they don't like it when other teams give it back. What Clayton said to a Roosters player earlier this season was disgraceful. Roosters should have made a complaint about him.

The person that does your web site should take a good long look at himself. Some of the things he puts on there are blatantly incorrect an only inflames the situation between your club and others. I get on well with a few Centrals players and they are very embarrassed with what is put on you web site at times. What is on there now is a prime example.

Can you tell us if Hulett & Evans snr got suspended?

I've heard that young Evans & Christofaro are leaving, can you shed any light on this?

100 up;215963 said:
Can't bat

You are right, you have come a long way from about 4 or 5 years ago. But l, along with others are getting a bit tired of Centrals blaming other people when things don't go their way. If they loose, the umpire cops a bashing, bad decisions, incompetent etc. Not the other team were too good.

Centrals have been good sledgers the last 3 or 4 seasons, but they don't like it when other teams give it back. What Clayton said to a Roosters player earlier this season was disgraceful. Roosters should have made a complaint about him.

The person that does your web site should take a good long look at himself. Some of the things he puts on there are blatantly incorrect an only inflames the situation between your club and others. I get on well with a few Centrals players and they are very embarrassed with what is put on you web site at times. What is on there now is a prime example.

Can you tell us if Hulett & Evans snr got suspended?

I've heard that young Evans & Christofaro are leaving, can you shed any light on this?
100 up,

sorry i can't shed much light on most of your questions except i believe your on the money with evans junior.

your spot on with what's on the website at the moment. it does look bad but once again i hope that people appreciate that this isn't a reflection on all at the club and i know that alot of the guys respect other clubs and the players that play in the comp.

i believe sledging is part of the game and centrals along with other teams do it week in and week out. that being said there is a line and sometimes players over step that. i myself have done so in the past but believe that centrals have been alot more controlled with it over the last couple of years. i'm not sure on the clayton thing but he was one that crossed the line a few to many times.

well done to st johns for another good year and all the other premiership teams.

My team of the year - not including finals

1 - Daniel Temby V/C
2 - Brendan Flood
3 - Josh Orr
4 - Brandon Shearson
5 - Hamon Uppal
6 - Atul Bhasin
7 - Mick Callus - Capt
8 - Adam Hulett - W/K
9 - Ray Davis
10 - Josh Evans