Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Comparisons between comps is pure opinion and the only way to work it out is to take the step to move over...no matter where we go we are well aware that we will be coming from along way back, however that will not stop us having a crack....i am told that the merge is off the table again as the churches executive don't want to lose their idendity....sad really it would be a great move for local cricket.

Comparisons between comps is pure opinion and the only way to work it out is to take the step to move over...no matter where we go we are well aware that we will be coming from along way back, however that will not stop us having a crack....i am told that the merge is off the table again as the churches executive don't want to lose their idendity....sad really it would be a great move for local cricket.

jika jika;342432 said:
Just a small correction, CY'S did not leave WDCA because of GU. We left because at that time outside of GU the standard was poor. GU were easily the best (as they continued to prove), we were second best (but not good enough) and everyone else was a fair way behind. We didnt leave to avoid GU, if there were more teams of their ability it would have made for a much more enjoyable year of cricket. In our last year in the WDCA we beat the side that finished 3rd outright by an innings, beat one of the bottom sides outright in a 1 dayer after batting 1st and rarely had a game (except for GU) that was anything like close which suggests to me that the depth in the comp at the time wasn't very good. Now after watching the WDCA from afar for the last 5 years (well 100 mtrs anyway) not much seems to have changed. Wyndhamvale bowling looks very good, GU still have Dean, Carl, Eddie, Darren Jury, Frewy and Brash so they will be ultra competitive, Imps bat very well (most of the time), Newport Digman have plenty of experience (which like CY's bowling attack aint getting any younger) and West had a couple of impressive bowlers but the bottom teams were very poor, and some of the teams that have recently been relegated (like Baseballers) were worse. The depth of the comp is its biggest problem. The bits of the Grand Final I saw ( which wasn't alot) says to me that Wyndhamvale are a good side but wind back the GU side by 5 years, add in Chuggy, Squizzy, Johnsy, Fabulous Phil, Murky Waters and anyone else I have managed to forget and you will find it hard to argue that Wyndhamvale would beat them. A merger between the 2 comps can only be good for cricket standards in the West, as you can pit the best of each comp against each other, but mergers are rare, takeovers are far more likely and from what I can see at the moment neither comp is on its knees, so it looks like it will continue as is. Centrals had enough good players to make top 4 of WDCA, standards are similar

All Im saying is WDCA isnt as bad as VTCA people seem to think....I agree that depth is a problem,but VTCA is a bigger comp so there is more clubs & more opportunity to improve!!!!!!!

When yous left the comp, West Newport left the same year & beat you in the granny your 1st year in VTCA.............so you were the 2nd best side to GU in those days but the gap wasnt that far to the rest.............and a good comparison would be that West came back to WDCA this year from Nth-A & landed 3rd last in A-Turf...........;)

Good luck in Senior Division......:)

jika jika;342432 said:
Just a small correction, CY'S did not leave WDCA because of GU. We left because at that time outside of GU the standard was poor. GU were easily the best (as they continued to prove), we were second best (but not good enough) and everyone else was a fair way behind. We didnt leave to avoid GU, if there were more teams of their ability it would have made for a much more enjoyable year of cricket. In our last year in the WDCA we beat the side that finished 3rd outright by an innings, beat one of the bottom sides outright in a 1 dayer after batting 1st and rarely had a game (except for GU) that was anything like close which suggests to me that the depth in the comp at the time wasn't very good. Now after watching the WDCA from afar for the last 5 years (well 100 mtrs anyway) not much seems to have changed. Wyndhamvale bowling looks very good, GU still have Dean, Carl, Eddie, Darren Jury, Frewy and Brash so they will be ultra competitive, Imps bat very well (most of the time), Newport Digman have plenty of experience (which like CY's bowling attack aint getting any younger) and West had a couple of impressive bowlers but the bottom teams were very poor, and some of the teams that have recently been relegated (like Baseballers) were worse. The depth of the comp is its biggest problem. The bits of the Grand Final I saw ( which wasn't alot) says to me that Wyndhamvale are a good side but wind back the GU side by 5 years, add in Chuggy, Squizzy, Johnsy, Fabulous Phil, Murky Waters and anyone else I have managed to forget and you will find it hard to argue that Wyndhamvale would beat them. A merger between the 2 comps can only be good for cricket standards in the West, as you can pit the best of each comp against each other, but mergers are rare, takeovers are far more likely and from what I can see at the moment neither comp is on its knees, so it looks like it will continue as is. Centrals had enough good players to make top 4 of WDCA, standards are similar

All Im saying is WDCA isnt as bad as VTCA people seem to think....I agree that depth is a problem,but VTCA is a bigger comp so there is more clubs & more opportunity to improve!!!!!!!

When yous left the comp, West Newport left the same year & beat you in the granny your 1st year in VTCA.............so you were the 2nd best side to GU in those days but the gap wasnt that far to the rest.............and a good comparison would be that West came back to WDCA this year from Nth-A & landed 3rd last in A-Turf...........;)

hussler;342456 said:

Hussler,

I think we are sort of agreeing, the good wdca would do well in the vtca. Im not sure about the churches sides as I haven't seen many of their games at all. Put the GU side of 5-7 yrs ago into top grade vtca and they would be a very very good team. Wyndhamvale bowling looked as good as some we faced this year in senior A. In our last 3 yrs in wdca I think we lost 2 games (maybe only 1) to clubs other than GU, so the gap was reasonable. If the wdca and churches merged it could only make west suburbs cricket stronger, more depth in each grade (possibly 4 levels of turf cricket) means better cricket each week. Depth is a very important factor to ensure a strong comp. This is what both comps and clubs should strive for.

west and werribee centrals left the wdca the year before us, centrals made the grand final and were promoted to nth A, then relegated back to nth B 2 years later where they have remained until now (won premiership this yr), while west finished 8th 16 points out of finals in their first year. Your right in our 1st year in vtca West (their 2nd year) beat us in nth b grand final, but doesn't everybody beat us in gf's. They did get back/pick up killa and Evan Berhans that year and bloody Browny batted like a superstar in the gf. We both got promoted to Nth A where they finished 10th, 11th and 10th out of 12 for the next 3 years before returning to wdca this year and finishing 6th, 1 game outside the 4.

Thanks for your best wishes, we are currently formulating our plans on how to lose the Senior Div grand final next year. lol

hussler;342456 said:

Hussler,

I think we are sort of agreeing, the good wdca would do well in the vtca. Im not sure about the churches sides as I haven't seen many of their games at all. Put the GU side of 5-7 yrs ago into top grade vtca and they would be a very very good team. Wyndhamvale bowling looked as good as some we faced this year in senior A. In our last 3 yrs in wdca I think we lost 2 games (maybe only 1) to clubs other than GU, so the gap was reasonable. If the wdca and churches merged it could only make west suburbs cricket stronger, more depth in each grade (possibly 4 levels of turf cricket) means better cricket each week. Depth is a very important factor to ensure a strong comp. This is what both comps and clubs should strive for.

west and werribee centrals left the wdca the year before us, centrals made the grand final and were promoted to nth A, then relegated back to nth B 2 years later where they have remained until now (won premiership this yr), while west finished 8th 16 points out of finals in their first year. Your right in our 1st year in vtca West (their 2nd year) beat us in nth b grand final, but doesn't everybody beat us in gf's. They did get back/pick up killa and Evan Berhans that year and bloody Browny batted like a superstar in the gf. We both got promoted to Nth A where they finished 10th, 11th and 10th out of 12 for the next 3 years before returning to wdca this year and finishing 6th, 1 game outside the 4.

Thanks for your best wishes, we are currently formulating our plans on how to lose the Senior Div grand final next year. lol

tram;342093 said:
Don't know who you've been talking to but I can ashore you that this is up to all at roosters and no one person will make a deision that will affect the future of our great club. April 15th. 16th of April all will know our futue and in which comp it will be in. It is one of three. WDCA, WSUCCA & VTCA.

tram, just want to point something out to you and your club. just by you guys voteing to join another comp, doesn't mean you'll be playing in it! that association has to accept your club into it. now after your club coach's performance at the grand final, i'm not to sure if other associations will want your club in their comp. have a think about that before you burn your bridges with the wsucca.

tram;342093 said:
Don't know who you've been talking to but I can ashore you that this is up to all at roosters and no one person will make a deision that will affect the future of our great club. April 15th. 16th of April all will know our futue and in which comp it will be in. It is one of three. WDCA, WSUCCA & VTCA.

tram, just want to point something out to you and your club. just by you guys voteing to join another comp, doesn't mean you'll be playing in it! that association has to accept your club into it. now after your club coach's performance at the grand final, i'm not to sure if other associations will want your club in their comp. have a think about that before you burn your bridges with the wsucca.

fine legs;342561 said:

Mate you sound like an expert on our matters ur as sharp as a bowling ball fairdinkum,Pot stirer. Fine Legs you say you are not sure Dam Straight you are not sure because your a clown getting high on your own self importance tuck your head in looser.
U know nothing about the activities that have been taking place behind the scenes for the record we have spoken to Willy comp & VTCA they are both happy to takes us Fact No1.
Fact No 2 .both assoc had shown no major concern about Chris's activities coinsidering it was due to poor exec decision suggest it is trivial and not detremental to our cause.we are not trying to get into Heaven champ wake up and get your head out of your ass.
As far as Chris goes this iis an internal matter which we will deal with in due course we are yet to recieve anything in regards to Chris non violent sit in protest. We are lucky we have a Sharp proactive effective and efficient Executive commitee that keeps everybody in the loop in real time we are getting more feedback of the grape vine than any other traditional method Churches moving forward i dont think so..

fine legs;342561 said:

Mate you sound like an expert on our matters ur as sharp as a bowling ball fairdinkum,Pot stirer. Fine Legs you say you are not sure Dam Straight you are not sure because your a clown getting high on your own self importance tuck your head in looser.
U know nothing about the activities that have been taking place behind the scenes for the record we have spoken to Willy comp & VTCA they are both happy to takes us Fact No1.
Fact No 2 .both assoc had shown no major concern about Chris's activities coinsidering it was due to poor exec decision suggest it is trivial and not detremental to our cause.we are not trying to get into Heaven champ wake up and get your head out of your ass.
As far as Chris goes this iis an internal matter which we will deal with in due course we are yet to recieve anything in regards to Chris non violent sit in protest. We are lucky we have a Sharp proactive effective and efficient Executive commitee that keeps everybody in the loop in real time we are getting more feedback of the grape vine than any other traditional method Churches moving forward i dont think so..

After a 75 year association with the Churches comp the Altona Roosters formerly Yarraville Baptists have been forced to make the tuff decision to leave the churches comp in the turf grades for obvious reasons as you may well be aware.

I would formally like to invite any interested parties to join us on our quest to greener pastures.
If others like us have had enough of the current dictatorship/exec STAND UP AND BE COUNTED.
The Altona Roosters are also looking for an experienced person/persons to help take us to the next level…
Remuneration will be considered based on Communication skills, experience, ability and Knowledge.
Rest assured you will be supported by a club that has Stability, Unity, Vision and a committed administration.
We hope to inject some youth and experience to our list moving forward.

Matty Vine, Ben Cusick would be 2 such players I would like to have on board and accept the challenge.

My recruiting wish list would be to get Ben & Matt who play for Caroline Spring Ben is a keeper and a good bat that made 337 runs avg 37.44.

Matty Vine is a young quick 11 wkts 88 over’s aver 38.45, str 4.76 not flash but is 19 and sharp a lot to work with the boy has a future.
Happy Uppal, D.Temby and Mick Callus & Macca would be handy to come across as we know they’re tried and true performers.
Preferred cricketing destination would be B1 & B2 with the view to progress to A1, A2 in a 3 year time frame.our current first X1 list is 90 % early twenties we have a lot to work with.
if your looking for a real challenge in a real comp send BigCoq, Tram or the hack a PM.
Look forward to hearing from any interested parties.

After a 75 year association with the Churches comp the Altona Roosters formerly Yarraville Baptists have been forced to make the tuff decision to leave the churches comp in the turf grades for obvious reasons as you may well be aware.

I would formally like to invite any interested parties to join us on our quest to greener pastures.
If others like us have had enough of the current dictatorship/exec STAND UP AND BE COUNTED.
The Altona Roosters are also looking for an experienced person/persons to help take us to the next level…
Remuneration will be considered based on Communication skills, experience, ability and Knowledge.
Rest assured you will be supported by a club that has Stability, Unity, Vision and a committed administration.
We hope to inject some youth and experience to our list moving forward.

Matty Vine, Ben Cusick would be 2 such players I would like to have on board and accept the challenge.

My recruiting wish list would be to get Ben & Matt who play for Caroline Spring Ben is a keeper and a good bat that made 337 runs avg 37.44.

Matty Vine is a young quick 11 wkts 88 over’s aver 38.45, str 4.76 not flash but is 19 and sharp a lot to work with the boy has a future.
Happy Uppal, D.Temby and Mick Callus & Macca would be handy to come across as we know they’re tried and true performers.
Preferred cricketing destination would be B1 & B2 with the view to progress to A1, A2 in a 3 year time frame.our current first X1 list is 90 % early twenties we have a lot to work with.
if your looking for a real challenge in a real comp send BigCoq, Tram or the hack a PM.
Look forward to hearing from any interested parties.

Altona Roosters and their committee are to be applauded for having the courage to back up their words with actions...good luck to them and I hope to see them successful in the next couple of years.

In a similar way that Altona Roosters are inviting individual players to accept their challenge and move forward with them, I know that the VTCA are happy to hear applications from other unsettled clubs, or clubs that have the foresight to join a competition that offers room to grow and prosper....I am happy to forward the contact details for any interested clubs !!

Altona Roosters and their committee are to be applauded for having the courage to back up their words with actions...good luck to them and I hope to see them successful in the next couple of years.

In a similar way that Altona Roosters are inviting individual players to accept their challenge and move forward with them, I know that the VTCA are happy to hear applications from other unsettled clubs, or clubs that have the foresight to join a competition that offers room to grow and prosper....I am happy to forward the contact details for any interested clubs !!

Not Just Empty Words;342574 said:

I too applaude any club who wishes to grow their club and play in an improved level of cricket. A little Birdy out their has told me that the VTCA will be going hammer and tongs to try and get Clubs from other comps to come and play in their association.

Not Just Empty Words;342574 said:

I too applaude any club who wishes to grow their club and play in an improved level of cricket. A little Birdy out their has told me that the VTCA will be going hammer and tongs to try and get Clubs from other comps to come and play in their association.

Billy Bowden;342576 said:

Regardless of what the VTCA want to do, it is in the hands of the clubs to make a decision on their future.
Why wouldnt any forward thinking and progressivly minded club not want to join the competition with the best facility to grow and play the highest standard of club cricket available ?!
Its up to the clubs, but the VTCA have said that they will welcome clubs....

Billy Bowden;342576 said:

Regardless of what the VTCA want to do, it is in the hands of the clubs to make a decision on their future.
Why wouldnt any forward thinking and progressivly minded club not want to join the competition with the best facility to grow and play the highest standard of club cricket available ?!

jika jika;342504 said:
Hussler,

Yeah sorry bout that.they did win last game outright to bump them up a few spots,but they did sit 3rd last most of the year.

Im agreeing with you on most things there bud,I hope you go well next year but you'll have to win tatt$$$$ to compete with the big boys up there....;)

jika jika;342504 said:
Hussler,

Yeah sorry bout that.they did win last game outright to bump them up a few spots,but they did sit 3rd last most of the year.

Im agreeing with you on most things there bud,I hope you go well next year but you'll have to win tatt$$$$ to compete with the big boys up there....;)

Not Just Empty Words;342578 said:

I agree with that VTCA gives clubs a chance to grow,but by the time you get up to Sen Div you need plenty of cash to be competitive..........:confused:

Not Just Empty Words;342578 said:

I agree with that VTCA gives clubs a chance to grow,but by the time you get up to Sen Div you need plenty of cash to be competitive..........:confused:

why do think the newport rams left the wsucca & came back to the wdca .
They came back cos every club in a b c turf have change rooms & arvo tea,
the rams was the only side to provided arvo tea in the a turf & you couldnt have a beer with the opposition a\f the game like you do in the wdca

why do think the newport rams left the wsucca & came back to the wdca .
They came back cos every club in a b c turf have change rooms & arvo tea,
the rams was the only side to provided arvo tea in the a turf & you couldnt have a beer with the opposition a\f the game like you do in the wdca

The recruitment drive is on ladies and gentlemen.

only throwing M.Vine and B.Cusick into the mix, I'm sure there are more.

Anyone from roosters, have you spoke to anyone in person? any lock-ins yet?

hussler;342612 said:

Not for much longer - word is the VTCA are bringing in a points system as part of a re structure

hussler;342612 said:

Not for much longer - word is the VTCA are bringing in a points system as part of a re structure

hussler;342612 said:

senior division will be very tough, but with what we have in place for next yr already we should go ok. Mid table (4-8) is hopefully achievable. vtca is bringing in a player value points system that over the next 1-3 yrs should even things out a bit, so money will no longer be the "be all and end all" of recruiting. We cant spend big money, so will rely on selective recruiting and a few old hacks and deadbeats hanging on for a few more years while our junior program (4 x u/11 teams this yr) progresses through the age groups.

hussler;342612 said:

senior division will be very tough, but with what we have in place for next yr already we should go ok. Mid table (4-8) is hopefully achievable. vtca is bringing in a player value points system that over the next 1-3 yrs should even things out a bit, so money will no longer be the "be all and end all" of recruiting. We cant spend big money, so will rely on selective recruiting and a few old hacks and deadbeats hanging on for a few more years while our junior program (4 x u/11 teams this yr) progresses through the age groups.

fine legs;342561 said:

I agree with BicCoq here, Fine Legs you certainly are the Pot Stirer aren't you! I am just trying to think who you are. Are you a Congs player as you have stated before? Or are you just full of s..t?

As BigCoq said, the Roosters will deal with what Chris did internally. Stop taking cheap shots. Personally, i thought it was comical that he was able to get away with a 'lie in' on the pitch. I have known Chris for a long time now, and if thats what he felt he needed to do to get his point across, then so be it.

As for the Roosters, have spent a bit of time down there this year, fantastic bunch of blokes to have a beer with. Good luck in your decision for the future of your club boys!

fine legs;342561 said:

I agree with BicCoq here, Fine Legs you certainly are the Pot Stirer aren't you! I am just trying to think who you are. Are you a Congs player as you have stated before? Or are you just full of s..t?

As BigCoq said, the Roosters will deal with what Chris did internally. Stop taking cheap shots. Personally, i thought it was comical that he was able to get away with a 'lie in' on the pitch. I have known Chris for a long time now, and if thats what he felt he needed to do to get his point across, then so be it.

As for the Roosters, have spent a bit of time down there this year, fantastic bunch of blokes to have a beer with. Good luck in your decision for the future of your club boys!

A.B De Villiers;342629 said:

the big fella just threw those names out as a "type" of player from this comp that would go well to move on...we have not spoken to those players at all!! We would of course welcome them with open arms and they or anyone else thinking about amove need only drop us a private message. And yes to the other question....;);)

A.B De Villiers;342629 said:

the big fella just threw those names out as a "type" of player from this comp that would go well to move on...we have not spoken to those players at all!! We would of course welcome them with open arms and they or anyone else thinking about amove need only drop us a private message. And yes to the other question....;);)

fine legs;342561 said:

Fine legs...not quite sure who died and appointed you God...but last time i checked you were not part of our club and as such it might be wise for you to keep your thoughts to the survival of your own club!! We (roosters) on the other hand have everything under control and in house and can assure you that If any charges are brought against Chris, we will defend him till the cows come home...last time i checked a peacefull protest was not against any law and to think that anyone can bring some trumped up charges for exercising your democratic right is well beyond me!! if memory seves me well you have some mates at our club...you should be the one thinking about "burning bridges!!"

fine legs;342561 said:

Fine legs...not quite sure who died and appointed you God...but last time i checked you were not part of our club and as such it might be wise for you to keep your thoughts to the survival of your own club!! We (roosters) on the other hand have everything under control and in house and can assure you that If any charges are brought against Chris, we will defend him till the cows come home...last time i checked a peacefull protest was not against any law and to think that anyone can bring some trumped up charges for exercising your democratic right is well beyond me!! if memory seves me well you have some mates at our club...you should be the one thinking about "burning bridges!!"

BigCoq;342569 said:

i'm sure the chris matter will be dealt with internally big coq, but i would like to know if the 3 senior administration members of the roosters commitee, who were standing by his side egging him on and laughing with him, will be dealt with in the same manner??? yes yourself, your president and his brother i believe were right there with him throughout the day and not trying to stop him. all 3 of you being leaders and administrarors of your club, not to mention about 60 years of service to your club, not putting your club 1st and pulling up this 1 person destroying the reputation of your club. if you all supported him, why wernt you by his side when the "sit in" was happening??? i for 1 will be much happier when you and your club leave this association and let cricket return to what it should be, FUN. PS big coq, if you want to talk about someone "getting high on their own self importance", how about you go back and read some of your own post you fool. talk about a know it all goose!!!

BigCoq;342569 said:

i'm sure the chris matter will be dealt with internally big coq, but i would like to know if the 3 senior administration members of the roosters commitee, who were standing by his side egging him on and laughing with him, will be dealt with in the same manner??? yes yourself, your president and his brother i believe were right there with him throughout the day and not trying to stop him. all 3 of you being leaders and administrarors of your club, not to mention about 60 years of service to your club, not putting your club 1st and pulling up this 1 person destroying the reputation of your club. if you all supported him, why wernt you by his side when the "sit in" was happening??? i for 1 will be much happier when you and your club leave this association and let cricket return to what it should be, FUN. PS big coq, if you want to talk about someone "getting high on their own self importance", how about you go back and read some of your own post you fool. talk about a know it all goose!!!

roosters hack;342675 said:

peacefull protest??? the reports that i hear are of foul disgusting verbal abuse to people who could not defend themselves because they were engaged in a cricket game, please corect me if i'm wrong... dont know about you hack, but i'm sure people who went to the game wouldn't want their kids, wifes or mothers listerning to that kind of language. mind you any real man with any balls would have walked upto st andrews after the game and would have repeated all that crap to them face to face. but no, the big mouth shut up and could not be heard all day when st andrews were batting and after the game cause he knew they would have kicked the shit out of him! thats the storey i got told hack, so pls tell me if i've got it wrong??? and also pls justify how getting in the face of an old frail man aged in his 60's is peacefull??? no matter who he is. that is totally an act of a coward. yes hack, i was told about the stunt he pulled with claude dunn. please keep defending this fine examle of a true looser, ah sorry, rooster.

roosters hack;342675 said:

peacefull protest??? the reports that i hear are of foul disgusting verbal abuse to people who could not defend themselves because they were engaged in a cricket game, please corect me if i'm wrong... dont know about you hack, but i'm sure people who went to the game wouldn't want their kids, wifes or mothers listerning to that kind of language. mind you any real man with any balls would have walked upto st andrews after the game and would have repeated all that crap to them face to face. but no, the big mouth shut up and could not be heard all day when st andrews were batting and after the game cause he knew they would have kicked the shit out of him! thats the storey i got told hack, so pls tell me if i've got it wrong??? and also pls justify how getting in the face of an old frail man aged in his 60's is peacefull??? no matter who he is. that is totally an act of a coward. yes hack, i was told about the stunt he pulled with claude dunn. please keep defending this fine examle of a true looser, ah sorry, rooster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back