WHO/WHAT AM I

I thought that that assumption is so unrealistic that I'd have liked to ask the author about it when I had the chance to talk to him but I arrived too late for the meeting due to a tailback on the motorway.
Are you describing the films synopsis?
when and where is film set

Last edited:
For a start: Set in the UK in the early 1940s. The protagonist is a loner, unloved by his parents and sent to boarding school. A married woman falls in love with him but it remains unclear if he also does.

her name
what boarding school
is character played by a Brit actor.
The film and book are so popular that you'll find out as soon as I give any detail. Can we wait for Terry before I do since the game will be over immediately?
Yes, the character is played by a British actor, the boarding school is not named or I can't remember but it was in the US if I'm not mistaken.

when was film made

Does any conflict arise due to him being German and with Britain at war with his parents nation. For instance is he interned in a camp?

Last edited:
Is your character played by Alan Bates, Peter Finch, Dirk Bogarde, Tom Courtney. Albert Finney, Anthony Hopkins, James Mason. This may be a bridge too far having to identify a random film character from so many candidates played by actors that made so many films. Gonna need a helpful clue..

Last edited:
Is your character played by Alan Bates, Peter Finch, Dirk Bogarde, Tom Courtney. Albert Finney, Anthony Hopkins, James Mason. This may be a bridge too far having to identify a random film character from so many candidates played by actors that made so many films. Gonna need a helpful clue..
You shall get it now: None of those but starring is Donald Sutherland. And the name of the woman in the film you asked about is Lucy. I'm sure I've given the game away now.
:thumbsu:

Donald Sutherland.
I was under the impression the actor and the character were English and that the film was a romantic drama.
Dont like Sutherland so chances are I have not seen the movie. Need some research.

Last edited:
Is he Henry Faber a German spy in Eye of the Needle. I did see this but from memory Sutherland spoke with an Irish accent. Cant say it was that good a film

American
he was a farmer before he changed careers
is no longer alive
he should be known by people with a good general knowledge.

Back