Worst Commentators

AB

Worst Commentators

There is already a thread for the best cricket commentators so I though I'd make one for the worst commentators too. Post the names of worst commentators you have ever heard.

Ranjit Fernando, Athar Ali Khan, Laxman Sivaramakrishnan, Arun Lal, Aamer Sohail, Gurpreet Singh and Ajay Saxena(for matches in India) are a few among many that I dislike. Hopefully they'll read this thread and stop commentating.

Re: Worst Commentators

Jayasuriya has had 2 tests as commentator now, and i still dont like his commentary, seems to say "David" at the end of every sentence, takes too long to make simple points, and has an annoying, deep voice, very poor choice as commentator. Luckilly he is often partnered with David Lloyd who is a legend :p

King Pietersen said:
Jayasuriya has had 2 tests as commentator now, and i still dont like his commentary, seems to say "David" at the end of every sentence, takes too long to make simple points, and has an annoying, deep voice, very poor choice as commentator. Luckilly he is often partnered with David Lloyd who is a legend :p

People like him who are poor commentators but knowledgable of the game are best suited in the analysis box.

Hopefully he picks up the commentatory skills very soon :)

About AB's comment:Hopefully they'll read this thread and stop commentating.
I hope the sooner they read this the better :D

I'll get shot for this, but I cannot stand Ritchie Benaud. Hes just talks so slow always seem to state the most obvious, and has an annoying accent.

Ian chappell for me is the worst. mind you i only have the choice of the australian ones as i dont have access to games played in other countries

how can you not like richie benaud. hes a legend.

the worst from aussies would be ian healy for me. i heard jayasuriya commentate in the recent series and also ranjt fernando and both are horrible. are there any decent commentators from sri lanka?

Virendersingh.berthwal said:
Arun Lal and Shivaramakrishnan from India.
They should not be allowed anywhere within 100 meters of the commentary box.

tccc said:
Bob Willis - The dullest commentator ever!
yeah bob willis is extremely boring. i find his voice annoying.

i hate all those ones from sri lanka and a few from india that get too excited everytime the ball hits the bat.

I hate Laxman sivaramakrishnan, Arun lal, Atul wassan. Almost all indian commentators are bad except few. i hate the indian commentators on neo sports when they have a match in india only Star cricket has some good indian commentators.

Yeah they should spend more money and get good commentators instead of bad ones. National has even worse commentator. They even commentate on replays sometimes like its live :eek:

Back