Australia in the West Indies

Re: Australia in the West Indies

Jolldo87;221148 said:
I also think McGain is a better bowler than Casson. India will eat Casson and this could destroy his confidence. At least if McGain plays against India and gets smashed we won't need him to play in the future years.

Take both to India.

Jolldo87;221148 said:
I also think McGain is a better bowler than Casson. India will eat Casson and this could destroy his confidence. At least if McGain plays against India and gets smashed we won't need him to play in the future years.

Take both to India.

Jolldo87;221148 said:

LOL- it depends what type of pitch it is- I mean- Pup's a wicket taker in India- I'm sure Casson would go alright on that one! ;)

Jolldo87;221148 said:

LOL- it depends what type of pitch it is- I mean- Pup's a wicket taker in India- I'm sure Casson would go alright on that one! ;)

Shaun Marsh and Luke Ronchi will make their international debuts for the Twenty20 game against West Indies which will be played tonight (early Saturday morning for Australian residents) at Kensington Oval.

The game will be the first ever international Twenty20 fixture in the Caribbean with no such games being held there previously. David Hussey, Cameron White and Shane Watson will also take part with Watson and Hussey having very good tournaments in the recent IPL series.

Ronchi and Marsh will back up the Twenty20 game with appearances in the tour game against the Vice Chancellor's XI as Australia rest their star players ahead of the upcoming one-day series.

Chris Gayle will also find himself on the sidelines with the West Indies selectors not willing to risk him for the Twenty20 fixture.

Ronchi and Marsh to debut

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is it. We will see the future of Australian cricket in this game. Ronchi and Marsh will form part of the next generation of Australian cricketers and it is hoped that a rejuvenated Watson will also play his part. Let;s see what these boys can do. I am confident that they will play well. @|

Shaun Marsh and Luke Ronchi will make their international debuts for the Twenty20 game against West Indies which will be played tonight (early Saturday morning for Australian residents) at Kensington Oval.

The game will be the first ever international Twenty20 fixture in the Caribbean with no such games being held there previously. David Hussey, Cameron White and Shane Watson will also take part with Watson and Hussey having very good tournaments in the recent IPL series.

Ronchi and Marsh will back up the Twenty20 game with appearances in the tour game against the Vice Chancellor's XI as Australia rest their star players ahead of the upcoming one-day series.

Chris Gayle will also find himself on the sidelines with the West Indies selectors not willing to risk him for the Twenty20 fixture.

Ronchi and Marsh to debut

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is it. We will see the future of Australian cricket in this game. Ronchi and Marsh will form part of the next generation of Australian cricketers and it is hoped that a rejuvenated Watson will also play his part. Let;s see what these boys can do. I am confident that they will play well. @|

This is awesome, really impressed that they have selected some of these guys to see how they go. 20/20, the perfect opportunity @|

This is awesome, really impressed that they have selected some of these guys to see how they go. 20/20, the perfect opportunity @|

Also great to see Cameron White in the side as well and despite being around for years is still the youngest member of the Aussie side

Also great to see Cameron White in the side as well and despite being around for years is still the youngest member of the Aussie side

Australia are screwed in the Twenty20, they need 77 off 57 with 10 wickets in hand. The match has been shortened to 11 overs per side.

Australia are screwed in the Twenty20, they need 77 off 57 with 10 wickets in hand. The match has been shortened to 11 overs per side.

Marshall has to be the strangest story in test cricket. I am not sure what the selectors saw in him (or what they were smoking that day to pick him) but geeze he hasn't done too bad for a bloke who can't even get a first class game in the Windies

Marshall has to be the strangest story in test cricket. I am not sure what the selectors saw in him (or what they were smoking that day to pick him) but geeze he hasn't done too bad for a bloke who can't even get a first class game in the Windies

Guru™;221568 said:
Yep, good to see him doing well. I can see him succumbing though to the same temptations as Samuels, I've just got a gut feeling.

To the match, West Indies won by 7 wickets with 11 balls remaining, Marshall was MOTM with 36 off 15 balls, skipper Dwayne Bravo also was crucial with 28* from 15 and 1/12 off 2, I thought he was a bit stiff to miss on the MOTM award.

The Aussies set a target of 98 for the Windies from 11 overs, debutants Luke Ronchi (36 off 22) and Shaun Marsh (29 off 22) were the ones that set up the total.

Victorians will be disappointed to hear Dave Hussey went for a second ball duck and Cam White didn't really get a chance to strut his stuff, he only faced six balls and bowled just six balls as well. Shane Watson was the pick of the bowlers for the Aussies (1/17 off 2.1 overs).

The Australian's will be hoping to rectify their form in the upcoming one day series that begins at the St. Vincent Cricket Ground at 11:30PM AEDT next Tuesday night.

Guru™;221568 said:
Yep, good to see him doing well. I can see him succumbing though to the same temptations as Samuels, I've just got a gut feeling.

To the match, West Indies won by 7 wickets with 11 balls remaining, Marshall was MOTM with 36 off 15 balls, skipper Dwayne Bravo also was crucial with 28* from 15 and 1/12 off 2, I thought he was a bit stiff to miss on the MOTM award.

The Aussies set a target of 98 for the Windies from 11 overs, debutants Luke Ronchi (36 off 22) and Shaun Marsh (29 off 22) were the ones that set up the total.

Victorians will be disappointed to hear Dave Hussey went for a second ball duck and Cam White didn't really get a chance to strut his stuff, he only faced six balls and bowled just six balls as well. Shane Watson was the pick of the bowlers for the Aussies (1/17 off 2.1 overs).

The Australian's will be hoping to rectify their form in the upcoming one day series that begins at the St. Vincent Cricket Ground at 11:30PM AEDT next Tuesday night.

yep they did bat well
but personally i dont see the point in playing an 11 over match:confused:

yep they did bat well
but personally i dont see the point in playing an 11 over match:confused:

Ljp86;221592 said:
Victoria letting Australia down again. :D
More like the slow batting of Marsh and Watson, off 11 overs they should have got 110 atleast, only White and Ronchi scored at the right pace

Ljp86;221592 said:
Victoria letting Australia down again. :D
More like the slow batting of Marsh and Watson, off 11 overs they should have got 110 atleast, only White and Ronchi scored at the right pace

eddiesmith;221601 said:

Pfft, I still managed to see White's bowling on the highlights, a massive half tracker pie down the leg side which was dispatched for six. Don't know how you are supposed to defend 90-odd with White constantly bowling that rubbish.

eddiesmith;221601 said:

Pfft, I still managed to see White's bowling on the highlights, a massive half tracker pie down the leg side which was dispatched for six. Don't know how you are supposed to defend 90-odd with White constantly bowling that rubbish.

Ljp86;221651 said:
Actually its hard to defend such a pathetic score anyway, but still White's e/r was below the req r/rate for the innings even though when he came on they needed about 9 runs off 3 overs

Australias slow batting cost them the game, on top of their pathetic pace attack who got smashed

Ljp86;221651 said:
Actually its hard to defend such a pathetic score anyway, but still White's e/r was below the req r/rate for the innings even though when he came on they needed about 9 runs off 3 overs

Australias slow batting cost them the game, on top of their pathetic pace attack who got smashed

eddiesmith;221654 said:

It's cause they only let him bowl one over. :D

eddiesmith said:

What about David Hussey? You're quite happy to keep blaming every other Australian player except the Victorians. Hussey made it a duck yet it's everyone else's fault they batted so slowly. At least the others scored more than zilch.

eddiesmith;221654 said:

It's cause they only let him bowl one over. :D

eddiesmith said:

What about David Hussey? You're quite happy to keep blaming every other Australian player except the Victorians. Hussey made it a duck yet it's everyone else's fault they batted so slowly. At least the others scored more than zilch.

Back