Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

My apologies "The train" as the Cullinan, Vaughan reference was for guys with a sense of humour.;)
Can you find me the post where I said Pushy was a star. All I said was that Pushy may be the better option because in an earlier post it was suggested that he was "peddling his wares".
I hope that Jason Smith is a good player for cricket in the region but I'm just putting out there that his stats aren't anything to get excited about.
I've been around a while and seen a lot of imports come and go. Do you remember Bryan Murphy and Marcus Green?

The Reverse Sweeper;231376 said:
My apologies "The train" as the Cullinan, Vaughan reference was for guys with a sense of humour.;)
Can you find me the post where I said Pushy was a star. All I said was that Pushy may be the better option because in an earlier post it was suggested that he was "peddling his wares".
I hope that Jason Smith is a good player for cricket in the region but I'm just putting out there that his stats aren't anything to get excited about.
I've been around a while and seen a lot of imports come and go. Do you remember Bryan Murphy and Marcus Green?

I know there hasnt been 1 good POMMY over the last 10 years Except for Peter Gough - east albury last season .
no idea who bryan murphy and marcus green are ? ?
do you know who CLAYTON LAMBERT and DAVID HARPER are ? ?
Lavington wouldnt waste time and money unless Jason Smith could seriously play and were of that quality .
Panther coach Trent Ball told me that Pushpalal rang him last week , and wanted accomodation , car , pay for air fare , and a job . So trent gave him Mick Spiteri's phone number , but you wouldnt even think Belvoir would waste their time either .

the train;231476 said:
I know there hasnt been 1 good POMMY over the last 10 years Except for Peter Gough - east albury last season .
no idea who bryan murphy and marcus green are ? ?
do you know who CLAYTON LAMBERT and DAVID HARPER are ? ?
Lavington wouldnt waste time and money unless Jason Smith could seriously play and were of that quality .
Panther coach Trent Ball told me that Pushpalal rang him last week , and wanted accomodation , car , pay for air fare , and a job . So trent gave him Mick Spiteri's phone number , but you wouldnt even think Belvoir would waste their time either .
Bryan Murphy was a West Indian that played a couple of games with Tallangatta before heading back home. From memory an U19 rep for the Windies etc. Hardly fired at all.
Marcus Green was a pom that SS&A had who played rep cricket for ABCA from the start, Purtell era,but finished off in B or C grade.
I agree Lambert and Harper were very good although I thought Lambert had a few flaws in his batting.:D:D:D I'm just suggesting that the proof will be in the pudding and that I wouldn't be clearing a spot for the premiership cup just yet.
Out of interest did Lavington sign a gun bowler from Darwin a few years ago? Did they do any homework on him?

The Reverse Sweeper;231478 said:
Bryan Murphy was a West Indian that played a couple of games with Tallangatta before heading back home. From memory an U19 rep for the Windies etc. Hardly fired at all.
Marcus Green was a pom that SS&A had who played rep cricket for ABCA from the start, Purtell era,but finished off in B or C grade.
I agree Lambert and Harper were very good although I thought Lambert had a few flaws in his batting.:D:D:D I'm just suggesting that the proof will be in the pudding and that I wouldn't be clearing a spot for the premiership cup just yet.
Out of interest did Lavington sign a gun bowler from Darwin a few years ago? Did they do any homework on him?

EXACTLY they played for tallangatta and SSA , and lambert and harper who were both a success played with lavington .
proof will be in the pudding , so stop bagging him before we are 2 months away from playing .
That 'gun bowler' was PJ collins who played 1 game in 1st grade and 1 game in second grade then didnt play , played 2nds for east albury last year .
we didnt sign him , he just turned up to the area . He was the only one who said he was a gun ! he reckoned he had played against england for and ARMY X1 , obviously talked crap . because he is a 2s player at best . It was in the paper that he just rocked up to the club , we didnt chase or recruit him .

Dan Markham has signed with Albury Titans

The Reverse Sweeper;231478 said:

Didn't the guy from Darwin contact them??? I'm sure I remember a report in the paper where someone from Lavington said they knew nothing about him but had nothing to lose because they weren't paying him. I'm pretty sure he only played one game for them because they worked out pretty quickly that he was crap.

I reckon Lavington deserve a lot of credit for attracting a high profile recruit to the area. Anyone that has been called into a Test squad must be fairly handy. I've only watched them play a couple of times but it seems that they've lacked a quality spinner since Keiran Knight retired so if this guy is as good as he sounds he'll be a good pick up for them.

Even if he isn't a star, being a level three coach will benefit their juniors too so good on them I reckon. I don't know why anyone would be talking him down before he even gets here. It seems like no one knows much about him so how about we wait until he gets here before we start judging him?

Sir Don;231497 said:
I just googled Jason Smith and came across this article in an English newspaper.

Thought it might be of interest. (Looks like he wasn't just a sub fielder after all).

http://archive.thisischeshire.co.uk/2007/6/5/290310.html

It looks like I've got some healthy debate going and this site active again.
By the look of that he did go very close but it doesn't prove a great deal other than he may have been in the right spot at the right time.
Cheshire League Division 2.Hmmmmmmm

By the way I googled Pushy.
http://www.cricket-online.org/player.php?player_id=49763
What first class cricket!!!!

I guess time will tell. I hope for Lavington's sake he turns out to be a good player. At least it's created a bit of interest during the off-season. Dan Markham changing clubs isn't exactly big news. I am a bit surprised he's going back to the Titans though; I'm sure there's still one or two Provincial Clubs he hasn't played for yet.

Got another question for you... If you could pick one player from any side (Provincial or District) to join your team, who would you choose and why???

Sir Don;231628 said:
I guess time will tell. I hope for Lavington's sake he turns out to be a good player. At least it's created a bit of interest during the off-season. Dan Markham changing clubs isn't exactly big news. I am a bit surprised he's going back to the Titans though; I'm sure there's still one or two Provincial Clubs he hasn't played for yet.

Got another question for you... If you could pick one player from any side (Provincial or District) to join your team, who would you choose and why???

does anyone have any news on who everyone has picked up in the provincal grade - apart from smith at lavy, not a hell of a lot is being said yet. have the hoppers lost many?

harryhoward;232357 said:
does anyone have any news on who everyone has picked up in the provincal grade - apart from smith at lavy, not a hell of a lot is being said yet. have the hoppers lost many?

North Albury have signed former Dederang captain and opening bowler Andrew Hill as well as Josh Warren-Marmo from Dederang who is an opening bat,W/k.
Hill is about the pace Dave Anderson was in his heydey and Marmo is an accomplished bat and handy keeper

Well at least Hill will feel at home on the dodgy deck out at Bunton Park. It's about as good or bad as the wicket at Dederang.
Don't know about the same pace as Anderson though, Ando on his day was pretty quick while Hill is sharp but not in Andersons league yet.
How old is Hill?

carlosboozer;232485 said:
Well at least Hill will feel at home on the dodgy deck out at Bunton Park. It's about as good or bad as the wicket at Dederang.
Don't know about the same pace as Anderson though, Ando on his day was pretty quick while Hill is sharp but not in Andersons league yet.
How old is Hill?

Hilly is only 23,and after playing with both him and Ando I reckon Hilly is the same pace as Ando was in his time at North!!!The one thing Hilly does have on Ando is he doesnt bowl no-balls.
Any side in provincial that underestimates Hilly do so at thier own peril as the bloke can bowl and has matured alot over the past few seasons.
If the bloke wasnt up 2 it he wouldnt be this years GOLDEN CHILD that every club wants.@|@|@|

power broker seems to have his finger in most pies to do with cricket in the area.
may be he can give some answers to whether yack are going up or not.

:eek::D:D:D

Hi Guys, I was wondering what you can tell me about Nathan Salske from Wodonga Raiders. He has taken up a position as Captain/Coach of Flemington in the VTCA and was interested in what he would bring to the club. Flemingon were a good side last year and I believe he is a friend of Matt Kinross who was servicable for them last year.

Cheers

Guru14;232615 said:
Hi Guys, I was wondering what you can tell me about Nathan Salske from Wodonga Raiders. He has taken up a position as Captain/Coach of Flemington in the VTCA and was interested in what he would bring to the club. Flemingon were a good side last year and I believe he is a friend of Matt Kinross who was servicable for them last year.

Cheers

Salzke is a medium pace outswing bowler. Very similar in ability to Kinross. Not sure what the standard of the competition is like but I'd say he'll be handy without being spectacular.

Guru14;232615 said:

Cheers

A very good pick up mate.All you need to now is to pick up 4 or 5 Jonty Rhodes like fielders to save the runs that are going to get smacked off his bowling in that comp.
Kinross is a fair way ahead of Salske as a player and in comparison Drasko Kristo was miles ahead of both.

The Reverse Sweeper;232619 said:
A very good pick up mate.All you need to now is to pick up 4 or 5 Jonty Rhodes like fielders to save the runs that are going to get smacked off his bowling in that comp.
Kinross is a fair way ahead of Salske as a player and in comparison Drasko Kristo was miles ahead of both.

Well they may have made the wrong choice then, Kinross averaged 4@46 for the 4 games he played last year. I saw him first hand and he was good in his first 3 or 4 overs after that it was pretty weak, hopefully Flemington have done their homework on this bloke before giving him the job! Maybe you forgot to tell me he bats at 3 and is good for 400 runs:D

Guru14

rangatrain;232542 said:
power broker seems to have his finger in most pies to do with cricket in the area.
may be he can give some answers to whether yack are going up or not.

:eek::D:D:D

Can tell u that Yackandandah will or have written a letter to the Board of CAW stating that if they are promoted only 2 players that played in thier premiership last season will be staying at the club.

Andy Norling and Graham Martin have apparently told Yack if they stay in District they will stay at the club and not jump ship to Kiewa.

Glass and Walker the only 2 players with any interest in playin Provincial.

Be interesting to see how big the balls are at the meeting when a decision is made.

Be interested to hear what is said about this matter at the Presidents meeting 2nite.

Hope this helps u out rangatrain

Guru14;232630 said:
Well they may have made the wrong choice then, Kinross averaged 4@46 for the 4 games he played last year. I saw him first hand and he was good in his first 3 or 4 overs after that it was pretty weak, hopefully Flemington have done their homework on this bloke before giving him the job! Maybe you forgot to tell me he bats at 3 and is good for 400 runs:D

Guru14

Sorry Guru.Probably not going to get 400 out of him and he will bat very close to Kinross in the order.Kinross could even be above him.Persoanlly I think Kinross is a much better cricketer and he will get better as he was coming off a knee injury. I don't know how Salske will coach as I've never heard him speak.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back