Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

What would you prefer midget, to go up and get belted like you and MtBeauty did, i think i'd prefer another flag. And you're pretty quick to criticise, there has been no talk whatsoever about not going up!

As for having a crack at New City, well actually you were probably having a dig at Tiny. At least they were still playing at that stage of the year and not sitting on the sidelines, like yourself, wondering what could've been.

If you're not currently involved with Baranduda you should head out there, you'd fit right in, i mean what sort of 'winners' sing a song after they get done.

KokodaMidget;214072 said:
New City would want to improve their fielding if they are going to improve next year, from what i witnessed, they were terrible, cost themselves probably 30 runs due to their slowness, & add another 30 runs to some bizarre field placings. They had an opportunity to win, but some poor planning & execution meant they didn't give themselves a chance.

No surprise to see Dederang out, their batting was always going to be their achilles heal, especially against Yack who have a pretty good bowling line up, & managed to scramble enough runs to defend. Expect to see yack go back to back, & then refuse to get promoted again.

Tallangatta & East will be a cracker. Not in the least surprised that Tallangatta beat North Albury, & they have the firepower to beat East this week as well. East will start deseved favourites, & really should win, however i can see Woody knocking Peebo over in the first over, & that will mean East don't get off to a flyer. The respective opening batsmen hold the key to this match. i reckon Tallangatta might sneak home.

You can't comment on them because you weren't there but it looks like they've been paid in hamburgers, good one. Shows how much you actually know nev! Schliebs is a hot dog man and has absolutely no intention of returning to Kiewa. Having said that, heard the 'RANGA' does a nice chicken roll!
:D
neville;214845 said:
Yes mate i have been told that New City are and were terrible in the field but i geuss thats what you get with half the side being over 34!!

Can't comment on thier field placings as i wasn't there but i will add that they certainly didin't score enough runs to deserve to win the game! By the looks of Schliebs and Bailey New City must have paid them in hamburgers for the year.........might be best to oofer them salads next year if they stick around!!!
I've heard they could be heading back to Kiewa.

Well done to both Yack and East Albury who were deserved winners. if Yack refuse to go up they need to be kicked out of the competition, CAW need to get hard on this promotion/Relegation thing if it is to work!

The silly season should be at least 4-5 months away but already there are rumours of players leaving clubs for other clubs etc.

is it true that Dederang can expect Rod Barton there next year?? Someone out that way must have found another money bag!! Also heard 3-4 North Albury blokes will be heading out (or back) to Howlong!!

I will be interested to see how this forum goes over winter, for now this is the last you will hear from me, again well done to all who won flags this year.

skippy;214860 said:
What would you prefer midget, to go up and get belted like you and MtBeauty did, i think i'd prefer another flag. And you're pretty quick to criticise, there has been no talk whatsoever about not going up!

As for having a crack at New City, well actually you were probably having a dig at Tiny. At least they were still playing at that stage of the year and not sitting on the sidelines, like yourself, wondering what could've been.

If you're not currently involved with Baranduda you should head out there, you'd fit right in, i mean what sort of 'winners' sing a song after they get done.

What the fu*k are you on about skippy...?
I wasn't wondering what could have been, i was offering my opinion on a couple of games. Am i not allowed to have an opinion on a public forum...imbecile.
As for your statement 'go up & get belted', well i reckon we were more than competitive in most games, & with a bit of luck, would have played finals. Well done on winning the flag again, if you're with Yack, but if you were fair dinkum you wouldn't have stayed in "the little league" last year. Hope you do have a crack this year, be interesting to see how you go.

Keep it nice fellas.

I don't know about referring to District as "little league", from what i have seen this year the standard in provincial isn't that great! The only difference from the top provincial sides is that they have 2-3 star players that district clubs lack. I believe that if the district sides take thier cricket a bit more seriously by learning to bowl a tighter line and length and valuing thier wicket then they would push alot of provincial teams unfortunately though these clubs put having a good time before playing good consistent cricket....i geuss you could say some professionalism is required!

Maybe in the next 2-3 years as we see teams filter thru Provincial and into District this "professionalism" i talk about will flow into District making our collective competition a strong one, all we need now is for the Border Mail and TV to give District the time that provincial gets and then we will have a competition with great interest. I can't wait to see a Lavy or Nth Albury get relegated, that certainly would test the character of those clubs:rolleyes:

neville;215461 said:
Keep it nice fellas.

I don't know about referring to District as "little league", from what i have seen this year the standard in provincial isn't that great! The only difference from the top provincial sides is that they have 2-3 star players that district clubs lack. I believe that if the district sides take thier cricket a bit more seriously by learning to bowl a tighter line and length and valuing thier wicket then they would push alot of provincial teams unfortunately though these clubs put having a good time before playing good consistent cricket....i geuss you could say some professionalism is required!

Maybe in the next 2-3 years as we see teams filter thru Provincial and into District this "professionalism" i talk about will flow into District making our collective competition a strong one, all we need now is for the Border Mail and TV to give District the time that provincial gets and then we will have a competition with great interest. I can't wait to see a Lavy or Nth Albury get relegated, that certainly would test the character of those clubs:rolleyes:

Did hear an interseting one a coupla weeks ago.
Wodonga had told CAW they would be asking to enter The Wang.comp if they were to be relegated.
Not sure if this is fact but i spose thats what these forums are for.

Powerbroker;215464 said:
Did hear an interseting one a coupla weeks ago.
Wodonga had told CAW they would be asking to enter The Wang.comp if they were to be relegated.
Not sure if this is fact but i spose thats what these forums are for.
Don't know about that rumour but i was reading the Border Cricket thread on Big Footy today (it's Dederang free!) that Wodonga was looking at a merger/takeover with West Wodonga. Heard Wodonga proposed that before the start of last season with the Provincial sides called Wodonga Bulldogs and the District sides Wodonga Warriors. Would have been interesting if Wodonga had been relegated though:confused::confused::confused:

RUNOUT;215468 said:
Don't know about that rumour but i was reading the Border Cricket thread on Big Footy today (it's Dederang free!) that Wodonga was looking at a merger/takeover with West Wodonga. Heard Wodonga proposed that before the start of last season with the Provincial sides called Wodonga Bulldogs and the District sides Wodonga Warriors. Would have been interesting if Wodonga had been relegated though:confused::confused::confused:

well the merger looks like a goer as i have been told.it ain't a takeover ..it will benefit cricket for many players from both teams.the warriors name will be around so will most of the players.the warriors don't have any nets as the council played them for to many years and in the end the nets got knocked down.it will interesting to see how things pan out.not much else going on....i see the dedrang guys have dropped off......keep this thread alive with rumors please...good or bad.....@|

The latest news on the rumour mill at the moment are:-
*Yack don't want to be promoted but Mt Beauty are happy to be relegated

*Thurgoona, Beechworth and Myrtleford clubs have been sounded out about joining CAW

*PCYC have expressed interest in forming a club, Ron Montgomery to be chairmen

*Some members at Wodonga have expressed reservations in a merger with West Wodonga

anyone heard anything else out there?

well done to caw on getting the country cup.it will be alot of hard woek when it arrives.just wondering what will the clubs get out of it???
so not much news going on.........

At the moment the goss is:-

*PCYC doesn't look like getting off the ground (for this season anyway), almost all clubs against it. Possibility in the 2009/10 season.

*Thurgoona C Grade side

*Jindera fielding teams in the District comp

RUNOUT;220757 said:
At the moment the goss is:-

*PCYC doesn't look like getting off the ground (for this season anyway), almost all clubs against it. Possibility in the 2009/10 season.

*Thurgoona C Grade side

*Jindera fielding teams in the District comp

*Wodonga Raiders and West Wodonga r now in merger talks

Good to see WWW and Raiders come too an agreement.
On the flipside though is the fact that in 2 years of CAW we have lost 2 district teams,Eskdale and now WWW.
I will agree that WWW are not lost entirely but i think its a shame that clubs are falling over,who will be next to go?
You can bet your balls it wont be a club in provincial.
Anyone else got any thoughts onb this matter.

Its Honestly Middo;221520 said:
Good to see WWW and Raiders come too an agreement.
On the flipside though is the fact that in 2 years of CAW we have lost 2 district teams,Eskdale and now WWW.
I will agree that WWW are not lost entirely but i think its a shame that clubs are falling over,who will be next to go?
You can bet your balls it wont be a club in provincial.
Anyone else got any thoughts onb this matter.

i agree there IHM eskdale did struggle for a couple of years before they folded due to there kids moving away.its weird how they such a successsful footy club and the cricket club has disappeared.bethanga have done well over the years and are still alive but for how long???? district comp does need more teams but caw should look at other leagues and approach teams to join and not let new teams form.if jindera come in thats good and will build caw up more.

lets see how the merger goes.and hopefully both clubs are the winners of such a bold move.and fock the council for there bullsh1t attitude towards the warriors over the past 5 years.

I see on the Border Cricket site that Josh Beard is coaching Baranduda this season.
Thats gotta b pretty hard to take for last yrs coach,get them to a granny,lose it oh sorry mate weve got someone else for this season.
Maybe Connors will put in for the Yack job.
:confused::confused:

Cricket Albury Wodonga

hey all, just thought i'd start up a thread about alb wod cricket and surrounding leagues. anyone with any info or rumours on any club?

any other goss on the other teams? more so the district side of things. who do you guys think is the best all round bowler in the comp? best bat? hardest hitter? most over rated and under rated?

KiewaOriginal;225177 said:
any other goss on the other teams? more so the district side of things. who do you guys think is the best all round bowler in the comp? best bat? hardest hitter? most over rated and under rated?

Batsman-Ash Sutherland-Kiewa
Bowler-Andrew Hill-Dederang
All-Rounder-Graeme Martin-Yackandandah
Hardest Hitter-Sam Nichol-New City
Underrated player-Rohan Pearce-Baranduda
Overrated player-Jack Gilbee-Bethanga/Josh Warren-Marmo-Dederang
Player to watch-Anthony Miles-Howlong
Interested to hear other guys nominations.@|

Heard 2 Belvoir players chatting at the footy on the weekend.
Former New Zealand all rounder and cousin of Belvoir veteran Richard,Craig Mcmillan will be playing for The Eagles at Kelly Park this coming season.
Anyone else heard anything on this matter?
:confused::confused::confused:

Powerbroker;226093 said:
Heard 2 Belvoir players chatting at the footy on the weekend.
Former New Zealand all rounder and cousin of Belvoir veteran Richard,Craig Mcmillan will be playing for The Eagles at Kelly Park this coming season.
Anyone else heard anything on this matter?
:confused::confused::confused:

havent heard too much about that at the moment power, but that wouldnt surprise me in the slightest. any other transfers or signings around the grounds?

Powerbroker;225775 said:
Batsman-Ash Sutherland-Kiewa
Bowler-Andrew Hill-Dederang
All-Rounder-Graeme Martin-Yackandandah
Hardest Hitter-Sam Nichol-New City
Underrated player-Rohan Pearce-Baranduda
Overrated player-Jack Gilbee-Bethanga/Josh Warren-Marmo-Dederang
Player to watch-Anthony Miles-Howlong
Interested to hear other guys nominations.@|

Batsmen- ash sutherland(by a street)
Bowler- mick walker(consistent)
Allrounder- mark purtell(still)
hardest hitter- paul hore(makes runs very quick)
underrated player- brad scheetz(grinder)
overrated player- ben glass/andrew russell(both crumble under pressure)
player to watch- tyson bradsworth( very good young cricketer)
whats crackin on the clearence front? any big moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back