Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11 (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one will be going for GI in the finals series. About time someone else had some success. Ashburton had to merge with willows to continue their success because they didn't have the ability to build any successful junior base. Thats a short term result as obviously they continue to be successful. Other clubs like Glen Iris, Mont Albert, Hawthorn, Deepdene, and North Balwyn have continued to produce home grown talent for not only their own clubs but have supplied numerous district cricketers. Ashy merge so they can top up their list and recruit heavily rather than grow juniors. There is only so long this can last. To see Mcdermott and Gatehouse who are GI born and bred lead a team into finals is a big win for the ECA. Best of luck to GI this week and in the finals.
Glen Iris actually merged with Glen Iris United...

Glen Iris actually merged with Glen Iris United...

Opps! Well won't be going for them then! It's sad that no one remembers Glen Iris United. Just like nobody remembers the willows these days.

To make a new topic, should any other clubs merge and what benefits could it bring?? I've heard some murmurings about certain clubs merging.

Opps! Well won't be going for them then! It's sad that no one remembers Glen Iris United. Just like nobody remembers the willows these days.

To make a new topic, should any other clubs merge and what benefits could it bring?? I've heard some murmurings about certain clubs merging.

what murmerings have you heard?

i think its a bit rich saying that nodoby remembers the willows, the eastern willows were never in dunstan so i can understand that most of you would not care or not know about them 5 years ago

No probs champ,the ground looks good and i think it has approx 330 runs in it, as for the second days play
im tipping under 220, good luck look forward to a bev after play

great prediction mate, im sure there is a job somewhere out there for predicting scores!

my take is that with the good weather this week, the deck will be a ripper and good for about 332 total!

HMMM Southern 332, what's your sides highest score for the year. And looking back at the past Glen Iris games, no one has scored over 170 against them. Building although a bit over the top has the right to be cocky. As for Mulgrave, I think we can safely say, their season is over. Toodles!

HMMM Southern 332, what's your sides highest score for the year. And looking back at the past Glen Iris games, no one has scored over 170 against them. Building although a bit over the top has the right to be cocky. As for Mulgrave, I think we can safely say, their season is over. Toodles!

our highest score is 290 odd against east donny, but that is the only time we have batted close to 80 overs.

i have no doubt building has the right to be confident and cocky, but im not gonna come on here and admit defeat already, that certainly wont get us close to the score. gotta have faith in your team jenks, and only losing 1 game for the year so far, i have faith that we can have a crack.

obviously if you were chasing that score you would give up!

yes good to see mulgrave out, wouldnt mind them knocking off mont albert just before finals though!

Touche young punter. No I wouldn't give up and I admire your enthusiasm, but lets be honest, East Doncasters attack isn;t much chop but you do have a fair old batting line up so good luck. Mulgrave? Nah let they fall away. God knows the club has to run out of money at some stage. Here's one for everyone, who is the most disappointing side this year. Obviously GI's have surprised us all and to be honest I have a feeling they may be around for a little while, but who has failed.

Touche young punter. No I wouldn't give up and I admire your enthusiasm, but lets be honest, East Doncasters attack isn;t much chop but you do have a fair old batting line up so good luck. Mulgrave? Nah let they fall away. God knows the club has to run out of money at some stage. Here's one for everyone, who is the most disappointing side this year. Obviously GI's have surprised us all and to be honest I have a feeling they may be around for a little while, but who has failed.

you are right, i cant believe thompson took 7fa against hawthorn!annan is their best bowler in my opinion.

most disappointing for me would have to be canterbury or hawthorn, i did think hawthorn would be pushing for 4th spot

i think its a bit rich saying that nodoby remembers the willows, the eastern willows were never in dunstan so i can understand that most of you would not care or not know about them 5 years ago

You must be a Willow, given that you are most likely young...Bit of a touchy subject?? Well at least you got a good Turf ground out of it. Just like Deepdene, nobody remembers poor old North Kew, nobody remembers Glen Iris United, nobody remembers Eastern Willows.

As for the murmurings, it involves a Dunstan and A Turf club. Thats all I'm willing to say.

You must be a Willow, given that you are most likely young...Bit of a touchy subject?? Well at least you got a good Turf ground out of it. Just like Deepdene, nobody remembers poor old North Kew, nobody remembers Glen Iris United, nobody remembers Eastern Willows.

As for the murmurings, it involves a Dunstan and A Turf club. Thats all I'm willing to say.

The A Turf club is an innner south east based club...

you are right, i cant believe thompson took 7fa against hawthorn!annan is their best bowler in my opinion.

most disappointing for me would have to be canterbury or hawthorn, i did think hawthorn would be pushing for 4th spot

Cutter is a quality bowler, something that Annan is not! Disappointing season for me would be Hawthorn and Skevies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back