Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just pick a mixture of Mont Albert and Deepdene players with Tonguey as the odd man out!

Why Mayor, do you play for one of them? I think we can all come up with a team that everyone is happy with - what's your team? If everyone does a team, we can put the majority in a team and debate the fringe players.

Bit more thought:

Aldons
Wright
Ellis
Parsons
Skermer
Hargraves
Tongue
Armstrong
M Thompson
Tsonis
Miles
Problem is that there are way too many allrounders. Too many people bat middle order for their teams and bowl a lot. Parsons to 4 only because he doesn't need to open, he bats well anywhere. Ellis still maybe the doubtful one, but as we're saying it's on performances this year, he has to go in. M Thompson, looking his performances, has bowled well in all his games, so I think he has to go in. Maybe Skermer shouldn't be there, but he's made the most runs in the 2nd top side, so I think he has to go in. I don't know what the batting order should be, any thoughts?

yer i like it, its always hard with all rounders, and especially having armstrong at 8 who opens the batting for glen iris!i suppose thats what keepers get! so you have miles, tsonis, thompson, tongue, parsons to bowl

miles must be ashburtons pom because he doesnt have any stats before this year?correct?

yer i like it, its always hard with all rounders, and especially having armstrong at 8 who opens the batting for glen iris!i suppose thats what keepers get! so you have miles, tsonis, thompson, tongue, parsons to bowl

miles must be ashburtons pom because he doesnt have any stats before this year?correct?

Yep, he is their Pom I think. I don't know what he bowls though. And I don't know what Tsonis bowls, or Thompson! I'm useless! I guess Parsons bowls as a change bowler. The captain would have a nightmare. If you know these bowlers more, maybe you could put them in an order for me?

Wright (vc)
Parsons
Ellis
Lawton
Skermer
Hargreaves
Tongue (c)
Armstrong (WK)
Miles
Liddle
Tsonis (Spin?)

Nobody is making runs at 3 or 4!

I think it's because a lot of the openers are dominating. Interesting choice of capt. I don't think Liddle can make it or Lawton, on reflection, and we need to work out what everyone bowls. Also looking I think Hargraves has to bowl because he can't get in as a batsman - there are better performed players, like Aldons, Sturgess etc...

Regarding Premier Cricket:
Cam Armstrong spent a fair time down at Melbourne, stuck in the lower grades most of the time.
Lachie Crawford played a lot of 2nds at Geelong and Camberwell.

Think you can generally place Dunstan at a level between 2nds and 3rds Premier cricket. They'd beat nearly every 3rds team comfortably, bar the top couple with some more experienced players; and maybe the bottom five or six of the 2nds - some clubs' depth is struggling big time in Premier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back