Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
good topic - gotta give some guidelines though - 5 batsman 1 keeper 4 bowlers 1 all rounder
Batting order

Aldons - Mulgrave
Ellis - Mont Albert
Parsons - Deepdene
Torriero - Hawthorn
Tongue - Hawthorn (all rounder)
Skermer - Ashburton
Armstrong - Glen Iris (Keeper)
Thompson - East Doncaster
Hargraves - Mont Albert
Miles - Ashburton
Rice - Bulleen

What's the batting order though? Parsons is an opener, Torreiro is an opener, Thompson bats at the top, so does Hargraves and Armstrong opens. Miles has been batting 3 or 4 for Ashy. I think it's a tough team to pick. Mine would be:

Parsons
Wright
Ellis
Armstrong
Lawton
Hargraves
Tongue
Tsonis
Miles
Davidson
Liddle

Aldons obviously the big ommission, but I'm trying to pick it in a batting order that would work and I think Parsons and Wright are the two standout openers in the comp - by a lot. Ellis/Aldons lottery at 3 maybe?

true, my reasoning for armstrong low was that its a 80 over game, how do you justify davidson being in?has played 2 games, i know hes taken 7 wickets, but 5 of them were against a poor north balwyn, should be picked on performances, not reputations.

well ellis, wright, aldons and parsons all open, so someone has to bat at 3?

cant have tongue at 7 if hes in the team, wasted, you seem to have a bit of a hard on for mont albert players too, theyre a good team but they have only won 2 games, surely cant pick 4 players

Guys unlucky not to make that team - Aldons (obviously), Skermer, P Thompson, Torreiro, M Thompson. MA on the back of the win over a disappointing Canterbury have a lot of people near the top of the lists, but what value do we put on that? Also Lawton is averaging 46 with the bat and 25 with the ball - is he lucky?

Guys unlucky not to make that team - Aldons (obviously), Skermer, P Thompson, Torreiro, M Thompson. MA on the back of the win over a disappointing Canterbury have a lot of people near the top of the lists, but what value do we put on that? Also Lawton is averaging 46 with the bat and 25 with the ball - is he lucky?

yer i thought lawton was lucky to make i love the ecas team, i had aldons, skermer and torrerio in, i wasnt sucked in by the big numbers posted by mont albert. it does help when you get to bowl twice and take 10WM when you play shitty teams.

thompsons were unlucky, but there have been better batsman in my eyes i think and 7fa against hawthorn is good, but consistency should get you in this team, not 1 stand out performance

Yeah I agree. We should all agree on a team and then see how close it is to the end of the year one - see who performed well in the 2nd half etc. I would have Aldons, but not sure about Skermer and Torreiro. Lawton out. Davidson is avergaing 9 or something, yes against NB, but thats the problem - there's been a few interesting results and performances. I will think about a team and come up with one and let's see if anyone else makes it.

true, my reasoning for armstrong low was that its a 80 over game, how do you justify davidson being in?has played 2 games, i know hes taken 7 wickets, but 5 of them were against a poor north balwyn, should be picked on performances, not reputations.

well ellis, wright, aldons and parsons all open, so someone has to bat at 3?

cant have tongue at 7 if hes in the team, wasted, you seem to have a bit of a hard on for mont albert players too, theyre a good team but they have only won 2 games, surely cant pick 4 players

Fair enough Davidson, just saw that he and the other guy from Bulleen are averaging pretty low - I didn't go too far into the games, which is my fault. Also no particular love or hate for MA, it's just that they were at the top of the lists (especially after the Cant debacle), so maybe I need to look at the team a little bit more. Tongue bats at 6 or 7 in his team, how is he wasted in the same spot in this phantom team? He's a bowling all rounder anyway, not a batting allrounder.

Hmm maybe Lawton is lucky, it's just that up until the MA game he was averaging over 50 with the bat and had taken 9 wickets.

Also Skermer is unlucky. Very hard job. Hmmm also maybe Dan Sturgess? Averaging 64. I'm just thinking that the teams that are doing well (ie Bulleen, Deepdene, Ashy and MA) should carry the majority, should they not? Is there a case for Tonguey not to get in?

Bit more thought:

Aldons
Wright
Ellis
Parsons
Skermer
Hargraves
Tongue
Armstrong
M Thompson
Tsonis
Miles
Problem is that there are way too many allrounders. Too many people bat middle order for their teams and bowl a lot. Parsons to 4 only because he doesn't need to open, he bats well anywhere. Ellis still maybe the doubtful one, but as we're saying it's on performances this year, he has to go in. M Thompson, looking his performances, has bowled well in all his games, so I think he has to go in. Maybe Skermer shouldn't be there, but he's made the most runs in the 2nd top side, so I think he has to go in. I don't know what the batting order should be, any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back