Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
lets be honest, everyones pom is "good", if they werent, they wouldnt be out here, although i cant remember who it was but wasnt there a pom who ended up playing in someones 3rds in the last few years after being brought out as their pro? the club would have been thrilled about that!

everyone loves a good rumour peter

I would think that Dunstan would be closer to prem 2s. when did parons stop playing district? oshea is young isnt he, so could play a fair bit of district cricket by the looks, has bradley not played district before? tongue would make 1s i would think, definately a good 2s player if not. swift played long time ago so couldnt see him going back, what about tuckett, porter and judd, could they crack 1s again if they went back?

Porter made a double century last year so he would play 1's still. The argument is on a whole dunstan would be in-between 2's and 3's. The key is the balance of the sides in the comp because there is a big mix of players in each team, from the star players and the steady players. The star players of the comp would be 1's and 2's where the steady players of the comp would be 3's and 4's. There are not many eca cricketers playing prem. O'Shea obv and nayager from east Doncaster is playing 4's at fitzroy. The guys who have played prem and are playing in the eca now are doing well but it shows how strong the comp is that these players aren't walking over us and that they are getting challenged every game they play.

Porter made a double century last year so he would play 1's still. The argument is on a whole dunstan would be in-between 2's and 3's. The key is the balance of the sides in the comp because there is a big mix of players in each team, from the star players and the steady players. The star players of the comp would be 1's and 2's where the steady players of the comp would be 3's and 4's. There are not many eca cricketers playing prem. O'Shea obv and nayager from east Doncaster is playing 4's at fitzroy. The guys who have played prem and are playing in the eca now are doing well but it shows how strong the comp is that these players aren't walking over us and that they are getting challenged every game they play.

Extremely well said

Extremely well said
Indeed

Probably the best thread I have read from you. Well said. I remember watching the mighty Ashburton play against Footscray and seeing Merv play. Also remember an ECA Turf XI play against Camberwell.
Is it possible for any of these things to happen again? Made for interesting viewing. Premier League can put something back into the community. Northcote seem to have a strong ECA rep, maybe they should take on the winner of the T20 in a T20 game.
Would like to see the progress of O'shea from when I played against him. He seems to be going very well.

Indeed

Probably the best thread I have read from you. Well said. I remember watching the mighty Ashburton play against Footscray and seeing Merv play. Also remember an ECA Turf XI play against Camberwell.
Is it possible for any of these things to happen again? Made for interesting viewing. Premier League can put something back into the community. Northcote seem to have a strong ECA rep, maybe they should take on the winner of the T20 in a T20 game.
Would like to see the progress of O'shea from when I played against him. He seems to be going very well.

I agree, maybe it is time to ask the association to bring back initatives like these. I remember when premier clubs sent guys down for 1 training session during the year to pass on knowledge to the local comps and I think it is time to start it again. Even the combined games against district clubs. It will get the talented players to think what they want to do with their cricket. There isn't enough involvement from the eca representing prem 1's and it isnt a perpesective of where we are at as a comp I just think these players like to be a big fish in a small pond and will stay that way if something isn't done.

Would it just be the team of the year from the previous year? How would they pick it?

It would based on performances during the year, because the whole time the team has been announced it has been on merit.
If you want to have a side play to district 1's and 2's side you have to have the right balance. Eg 3 quicks, 1 spinner, keeper, 6 bats/all rounders and pick the best performed players in those positions.

AAA 123 you are making some serious sense over the past couple of days! What has changed? The Christmas spirit? A potential call up to the Bushrangers side?

But if this match was ever going to go ahead again it would have to be picked by positions, unlike the All Australian side! If there are two gun number 4 bats, one of the can't all of a sudden open the batting!

There are a number of openers making runs this season, but numbers 3 and 4 seem to be struggling a tad. Aldons, Ellis, Lawton (no idea who he is), Wright, Parsons, Armstrong, Torriero, Thompson are the leading run scorers this season so far. Tonguey is next on the list but he bats at 6 and 7!

it seems that this thread has finally turned to something worth reading over night, i feel lost, am waiting for some "new member" to come in and say something stupid.

i agree with everything that has been said, i think a closer affiliation with district cricket would be great, the only thing i can remember seeing is that junior camp and camberwell magpies which is being run at the moment, and the u21s play at camberwell sports ground also.

a t20 game would be great, maybe they should pick a best t20 team this year?

interesting thoughts,... New to thread.... but ECA shouldn't worry about comparing itself to premier district and just concentrate on getting its own back yard in order as best as it can.. its a decent standard and it should always try to improve.. A rep side should play somebody, don't they pick one at the end of each season?

i wonder if those photos of me and Megan gale in our club changeroooms will get put on Facebook??

AAA 123 you are making some serious sense over the past couple of days! What has changed? The Christmas spirit? A potential call up to the Bushrangers side?

But if this match was ever going to go ahead again it would have to be picked by positions, unlike the All Australian side! If there are two gun number 4 bats, one of the can't all of a sudden open the batting!

There are a number of openers making runs this season, but numbers 3 and 4 seem to be struggling a tad. Aldons, Ellis, Lawton (no idea who he is), Wright, Parsons, Armstrong, Torriero, Thompson are the leading run scorers this season so far. Tonguey is next on the list but he bats at 6 and 7!

Lawton is the Canterbury pom - apparently he goes ok. Ellis - Pom, Armstrong - ECA's answer to David Warner, Everyone knows the rest, I think?

Maybe the big question is fellas, how does the ECA compare to Sub-District and the VTCA??

I would like to see a circle for one day games and some fielding restrictions.

Great call Rozza! Fielding restrictions and circles should be a must!

I'd say Dunstan is equal to if not better than VTCA's top division...

Don't know much about subbies - but there are a couple of ex Dunstan players out there. Roach, Street, Travaglia, Ensil...

Maybe the big question is fellas, how does the ECA compare to Sub-District and the VTCA??

I would like to see a circle for one day games and some fielding restrictions.

I think that's a good idea, but the problem is that it's just another thing that clubs need to do and a lot of them are stretched on a Saturday anyway; and God knows the Council's won't do it.

I have no idea how they compare, but my guess it pretty favourably - all local comps have some district players and made up of of other locals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back