Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, let's get off Mont Albert. What about tips for this weekend, given that it looks like showers again.
Ashy v Bears
Bears out of form and opposite for Ashy.
Cant v East Donny
with P. Thommo in good nick i will tip ED. Cant are better at home though. Tipping a closer one than some people might think.
RC v Mont Albert
Tempted to pick RC. Rc have struck some form and MA lost there last year and it is hard to score on that big slow ground but will stay with MA
Glen Iris v Bulleen - will be a great indicator of whether GI are contenders or pretenders.
Haw v St Kevs - also tempted to go St Kevs. Not that bad a team just being pipped most weeks.
North Balwyn v Mulgrave - after being close I will make NB my roughie to get up. Mulgrave have been far from convincing apart from Aldons this season. Apparently NB needed 1 run to tie or 2 to win off the last 2 balls to beat Ashy on Sunday and couldn't do it. Their batting is very brittle but they are not a bad team.

who did you watch mayor? i can only assume it was the 130 from keogh?pretty good effort in a t20

And from a club who are apparently a rabble. Should be a good boost for NB to take on Mulgrave next Dunstan game and fulfil my tipping of them. Where are eveyones else's tips. Maybe I an from NB?

Ashy v Bears
ashy at home should do the job against struggling bears and all but claim top spot
Cant v East Donny
picking canterbury at home i think, especially after east donny only made 70odd against ashy last game, confidence must be down, relying to much on thompson.
RC v Mont Albert
will get the job done like good teams do
Glen Iris v Bulleen - will be a great indicator of whether GI are contenders or pretenders. agree
Haw v St Kevs - hawthorn to win and keep pushing for that 4th spot in finals
North Balwyn v Mulgrave - mulgrave will make a big score against NB, as their bowling struggles and they rely too much on keogh who seems to be the only one who takes wickets and bats well, binney is a good bowler though, got a 6fa not long ago didnt he?.

Which side would we be worried about coming up from A Turf next season (if any)?

Boronia, Marcellin & Surrey Hills seem to be the most likely. Don't know anything about Boronia, Surrey have a couple of good aggressive bats like Lear and Cook. Marcellin still seem to be relying a lot on John Dineen who has been around forever. And for his bowling this season! He was/is? a gun bat last time we came across them many years ago.

North Balwyn v Mulgrave - mulgrave will make a big score against NB, as their bowling struggles and they rely too much on keogh who seems to be the only one who takes wickets and bats well, binney is a good bowler though, got a 6fa not long ago didnt he?.

Response to Punter:
Have relied on Keogh a lot and like most poms will most likely not come back next year. Best they do get relegated as may be even less competitive next year if he doesn't come back. Batting is very young and brittle but has some talent. Binney and Keogh are good bowlers. Mulgrave reply a lot on Aldons. Will be an interesting game. Won't be surprised if NB collapses but are some chance especially if Keogh bats well and some others can bat around him. Must be full of confidence after 130 in a T20.

Response to Punter:
Have relied on Keogh a lot and like most poms will most likely not come back next year. Best they do get relegated as may be even less competitive next year if he doesn't come back. Batting is very young and brittle but has some talent. Binney and Keogh are good bowlers. Mulgrave reply a lot on Aldons. Will be an interesting game. Won't be surprised if NB collapses but are some chance especially if Keogh bats well and some others can bat around him. Must be full of confidence after 130 in a T20.

you never want to get relegated though, the best thing for them would be to stay up and get games in their young kids in dunstan rather than A turf. is cope their coach and binney captain with keogh as their pom, what about the sri lankan/indian?

That ain't going to happen. MA are not a rabble like NB!

How do you define rabble Council Mayor?? Look closely at NB results. Since XMAS, was going to beat East Doncaster, 0/40 chasing 140 after being asked to bowl on a hot day.
20 runs off Mont Albert who are premiership favourites.
1 run off Ashburton who are probably 2nd premiership favourites.
Barely raised a sweat in T20 so far.
Do some research Mayor before you make your big statements.
And before you all ask, no I am not from North Balywn, but yes I have some good mates there.

you never want to get relegated though, the best thing for them would be to stay up and get games in their young kids in dunstan rather than A turf. is cope their coach and binney captain with keogh as their pom, what about the sri lankan/indian?

Fernando is Sri Lankan, was an overseas player about 5 years ago. Since then has moved to Australia permanently with his young family and has settled in very well.

I agree, they wouldn't want to get relegated but without Keogh they would be uncompetitive in Dunstan next season I think unless they found some more players which is always a possiblity. If they don't it might be better for the comp for them to go down. I think St Kevs provide less one sided games than NB as so would prefer them to stay up. Maybe I am from St Kevs. NB + Cant have been done outright this year. Who thinks there should be some kind of penalty (maybe minus 2 ladder points) for getting done outright?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back