Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not great stats!

With Baker he is carrying that team. Put him in Mont Albert, bat him @ 5, come in at 3/150 every week and he would be averaging over 50. I reckon Male would be a perfect fit at NB. They need some batting, hes arrogant and a lot to say. Who else from A Turf or below would be a perfect fit for any Dunstan team??

With Baker he is carrying that team. Put him in Mont Albert, bat him @ 5, come in at 3/150 every week and he would be averaging over 50. I reckon Male would be a perfect fit at NB. They need some batting, hes arrogant and a lot to say. Who else from A Turf or below would be a perfect fit for any Dunstan team??

Obviously Baker from Burwood. Don't know him or ever played against him but his stats have been awesome as a keeper batsman for 2 seasons now. I have a lot of time for Cook from Surry Hills. Hancock from Mazenod is a tough competitor, Tad Merry and John Dinneen are good players. Tim McCann at Heathmont goes allright.

Top 3 of Boronia, Marcellin and Surrey Hills are strong, drops off after that.
Boronia have had a couple of blokes come in or back to the side tis season, do well in this grade but dont think they would travel too well in Dunstan. Marcellin have a very young side, maybe a few more years in A turf before they move up, Surrey Hills seem the most likely, good batting line up, made a mountain of runs this year but bowling is questionable.

OK. That is enough talking about 'A' Turf rubbish. if we keep going like this we will start talking about synthetic next which doesn't even deserve to be called cricket. It should be renamed 'Synthicket' Why would you play on that crap?

So what are the tips for Super Semi Sunday? Lets hope the weather holds.
SF1 is ASH v STC
SF2 is NB v BUC

Both will be interesting games. I think Ashburton will prove too strong for STC but wont be at all surprised if STC do win.
If NB's top bats fire such as Keogh they will win but if BUC can get through the top order cheaply they are a big shot.

Would love to see an ASH v NB Grand Final which would be a cracking game based on the last ball result in the recent One Day Game.

So what are the tips for Super Semi Sunday? Lets hope the weather holds.
SF1 is ASH v STC
SF2 is NB v BUC

Both will be interesting games. I think Ashburton will prove too strong for STC but wont be at all surprised if STC do win.
If NB's top bats fire such as Keogh they will win but if BUC can get through the top order cheaply they are a big shot.

Would love to see an ASH v NB Grand Final which would be a cracking game based on the last ball result in the recent One Day Game.

agree both will be great games!

ashburton just got the measure of STC last year in the quarter final (on synthetic) so i think ashburton can win again, especially because it will be on turf

also i think NB will do the job only because the game is on turf.

if the weather is bad, a bowl off could ruin what has been a great tournament!

could the ECA possibly let the clubs find time to play the game when weather is good if they dont play?

could the ECA possibly let the clubs find time to play the game when weather is good if they dont play?

Seems like a very sensible idea! Nothing wrong with a Tuesday. Possibly if Sunday is too wet for turf but ok for Synthetic maybe move the double header to one of the Premier Synthetic Grounds. I'm sure STC and BUC wouldn't be complaining about that!

Seems like a very sensible idea! Nothing wrong with a Tuesday. Possibly if Sunday is too wet for turf but ok for Synthetic maybe move the double header to one of the Premier Synthetic Grounds. I'm sure STC and BUC wouldn't be complaining about that!

it is interesting to note the games the 4 clubs have played on turf/synthetic, could be the difference in the end!

ashy - all games on turf
NB - all games on turf
STC - 2 games on turf (have beaten all turf sides on their way though!)
BUC - all games on synthetic

by this i am sticking with NB to beat BUC

but STC seem to be the turf killers?

could they go the whole tournament by beating all turf sides if they make the GF and beat NB?

it is interesting to note the games the 4 clubs have played on turf/synthetic, could be the difference in the end!

ashy - all games on turf
NB - all games on turf
STC - 2 games on turf (have beaten all turf sides on their way though!)
BUC - all games on synthetic

by this i am sticking with NB to beat BUC

but STC seem to be the turf killers?

could they go the whole tournament by beating all turf sides if they make the GF and beat NB?

STC have Month Albert & Glen Iris as decent scalps but Ashy play the T20 well. Runner up in the kookaburra thing a couple of years ago. Shame they don't have that anymore. Ashy for me.

BUC have played most of their games on their tiny joke ground and haven't beaten anyone of note plus they are from the synthetic comp so inherently rubbish. NB to win this one.

If this is how it pans out then it would be Dunstan 1st v last in the GF

STC have Month Albert & Glen Iris as decent scalps but Ashy play the T20 well. Runner up in the kookaburra thing a couple of years ago. Shame they don't have that anymore. Ashy for me.

BUC have played most of their games on their tiny joke ground and haven't beaten anyone of note plus they are from the synthetic comp so inherently rubbish. NB to win this one.

If this is how it pans out then it would be Dunstan 1st v last in the GF

i think they do have it, as i remember seeing that STC and EDCC played off in a t20 to win the right to represent the ECA?

BUC's ground should definitely not be considered a top grade cricket ground, it is amazing that they play there.

when i finish my turf career, i will be heading to BUC to make 1000+ runs in a season just whipping the ball past the square leg umpires ear and getting 6 for it.

i think they do have it, as i remember seeing that STC and EDCC played off in a t20 to win the right to represent the ECA?
That game was at the start of last season after ED won Dunstan in 2008/09 and STC won McGibbon. Not sure why they didn't use our T20 comp to pick the representative.

BUC's ground should definitely not be considered a top grade cricket ground, it is amazing that they play there.
Absolute joke - should be a kids ground only

when i finish my turf career, i will be heading to BUC to make 1000+ runs in a season just whipping the ball past the square leg umpires ear and getting 6 for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back