Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, they wouldn't want to get relegated but without Keogh they would be uncompetitive in Dunstan next season I think unless they found some more players which is always a possiblity. If they don't it might be better for the comp for them to go down. I think St Kevs provide less one sided games than NB as so would prefer them to stay up. Maybe I am from St Kevs. NB + Cant have been done outright this year. Who thinks there should be some kind of penalty (maybe minus 2 ladder points) for getting done outright?

Keogh has not been a standout with the bat in the regular season. Guys like Fernando/Binney/Cope shouldn't be underestimated but probably need to develop 2 more batsmen to be a serious contender.
Great point about needing to be a penalty for losing outright. Totally agree.
Anyone heard anything about Coxy being able to bowl more than 8 overs due to completing an over of an injured player??
Apparently umps allowed it. So next 1 day game I assume all gun bowlers will be bowling 8.5 overs and there will be a few hammys and calf muscles being pulled! Against the 'spirit' of the game but Joel Bowden used a rule to his advantage so don't see why we don't either until it's changed....

How do you define rabble Council Mayor?? Look closely at NB results. Since XMAS, was going to beat East Doncaster, 0/40 chasing 140 after being asked to bowl on a hot day.
20 runs off Mont Albert who are premiership favourites.
1 run off Ashburton who are probably 2nd premiership favourites.
Barely raised a sweat in T20 so far.
Do some research Mayor before you make your big statements.
And before you all ask, no I am not from North Balywn, but yes I have some good mates there.

Good stuff Richo!

They are a good side, but they don't have much control over their behaviour!

And I too have many mates down there! May have even seen you there last night!!

Good stuff Richo!

They are a good side, but they don't have much control over their behaviour!

What do you base that on?? I know Keogh can get a bit fired up now and then but that doesn't make a whole team behave badly??

So they have a few guys who like to go out on a Saturday night and get a bit 'loose'. Does this make them a poorly behaved cricket team?

What do you base that on?? I know Keogh can get a bit fired up now and then but that doesn't make a whole team behave badly??

So they have a few guys who like to go out on a Saturday night and get a bit 'loose'. Does this make them a poorly behaved cricket team?

I am not saying they are bad blokes, quite the opposite in fact! It's just they can implode over minor things and get distracted quite easily. Their position on the table does not suit their ability!

Male, you kidding! Average cricketer at best!

Rumor has it he is going to give up the game shortly though and become ECA's first Father/Son Dunstan Grand Final umpiring team.

Would be a shame though to see all that wasted talent. I remember playing him years ago when he was the 'next big thing'.

Think he got 70 odd v us and the rest didn't make too many. Def a classy bat.

Keogh has not been a standout with the bat in the regular season. Guys like Fernando/Binney/Cope shouldn't be underestimated but probably need to develop 2 more batsmen to be a serious contender.
Anyone heard anything about Coxy being able to bowl more than 8 overs due to completing an over of an injured player??
Apparently umps allowed it. So next 1 day game I assume all gun bowlers will be bowling 8.5 overs and there will be a few hammys and calf muscles being pulled! Against the 'spirit' of the game but Joel Bowden used a rule to his advantage so don't see why we don't either until it's changed....

yer i saw that he bowled more than 8, what do the rules say in that case?

yer i saw that he bowled more than 8, what do the rules say in that case?

There is no rule in ECA about this. But ICC state that completing an over counts as an over. This is what i found on the Champions League website. Don't know why ECA should be any different.

http://www.clt20.com/CLT20/PlayingConditions4.cl

12.6 Number of Overs per Bowler

No bowler shall bowl more than 4 overs in an innings.In a delayed or interrupted match where the overs are reduced for both teams or for the team bowling second, no bowler may bowl more than one-fifth of the total overs allowed.
Where the total overs is not divisible by 5, one additional over shall be allowed to the maximum number per bowler necessary to make up the balance.
In the event of a bowler breaking down and being unable to complete an over, the remaining balls will be allowed by another bowler. Such part of an over will count as a full over only in so far as each bowler’s limit is concerned.
The scoreboard shall show the total number of overs bowled and the number of overs bowled by each bowler.

You would barrack for Essendon would you David?

When the team is captained by Binney who is the very definition of loose (but is an ok guy off the field) there is always the possibility of problems.

You would barrack for Essendon would you David?

Maybe
wink.png
I always contemplated doing that when I was kicking out but never had the guts. Obviously the first guy that does it is against the mighty dons! Big year this year with Hirdy!

There is no rule in ECA about this. But ICC state that completing an over counts as an over. This is what i found on the Champions League website. Don't know why ECA should be any different.

http://www.clt20.com/CLT20/PlayingConditions4.cl

12.6 Number of Overs per Bowler

No bowler shall bowl more than 4 overs in an innings.In a delayed or interrupted match where the overs are reduced for both teams or for the team bowling second, no bowler may bowl more than one-fifth of the total overs allowed.
Where the total overs is not divisible by 5, one additional over shall be allowed to the maximum number per bowler necessary to make up the balance.
In the event of a bowler breaking down and being unable to complete an over, the remaining balls will be allowed by another bowler. Such part of an over will count as a full over only in so far as each bowler’s limit is concerned.
The scoreboard shall show the total number of overs bowled and the number of overs bowled by each bowler.

Umpires have no stones to stand up to teams like Ashburton. Also the LBW rule doesn't seem to apply to captains who do the umpire appraisal after the game. We had Aldons as plumb LBW as there ever has been in 200 years of cricket and he was given not out.

Umpires have no stones to stand up to teams like Ashburton. Also the LBW rule doesn't seem to apply to captains who do the umpire appraisal after the game. We had Aldons as plumb LBW as there ever has been in 200 years of cricket and he was given not out.

Ashburton and other big clubs have got away with murder for years. Just like Collingwood in the AFL. Captains seem to get away with everything when batting it seems. As long as they get a good review everyone is happy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back