Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
New topic - who's the most destructive batsman in Dunstan, ie the ability to hit boundaries consistently and often? I have come up with a few names, in no order: Big Indian (Deep), Bradley (Mulg), Bosalle (Mont Alb), Parsons (Deep), Hargraves (Mont Alb), Armstrong (GI). Can't think of anyone destructive from Bulleen, but they have good bats (Judd etc). I don't know all the players from all the teams, but they're the one's I can remember. Any obvious one's I missed?

New topic - who's the most destructive batsman in Dunstan, ie the ability to hit boundaries consistently and often? I have come up with a few names, in no order: Big Indian (Deep), Bradley (Mulg), Bosalle (Mont Alb), Parsons (Deep), Hargraves (Mont Alb), Armstrong (GI). Can't think of anyone destructive from Bulleen, but they have good bats (Judd etc). I don't know all the players from all the teams, but they're the one's I can remember. Any obvious one's I missed?

fernon and crawford from skevs can get away from you, as can tounge from hawthorn

but in terms of big hitting, dino from deepdene takes the cake, but is very much see ball hit ball, hargraves yes

judd from bulleen and apparently porter, from all reports

i see ashburton have brought back skermer who on his day can hit the ball anywhere he likes as he must have done against richmond

canterbury have wilson

richmond city have nick laws and clarence dent

Dino can break a game apart in 5 minutes, so definitely. He's got to be no 1 when he gets going.
Hargraves yes - he can hit a big ball. I haven't seen Wilson hit big balls, but I'll trust others on that. Parsons yes. Judd is a bit like Wilson. Not sure about Porter. Laws hits 4s, but not that many 6s. Skermer yes, when he's going, but from Ashy, Tim Ford from years ago was the one - he tore teams apart. Tongue yes. The Indian from Mont Albert (Bohsalle) can also go.

Pity Bradley doesn't play in the ECA anymore! And I have not seen Armstrong yet! But agree with the rest. Davidson from Bulleen can hit a big ball!

I haven't seen Armstrong yet either. Havent seen Davidson go, but he's a big lad, so probably goes hard. Bradley could really go..

What about best bowlers? I guess if you go by the averages (just looking now), you've got Davidson, Byrne (? - don't remember him?), Stewart (??), Tongue, Laing, Hargreaves, Swift. Anyone we've missed? Greg Knight seems to bob up from time to time, big Dino can get them through and Parsons always bowls well. For us, Gartner is underrated.

I haven't seen Armstrong yet either. Havent seen Davidson go, but he's a big lad, so probably goes hard. Bradley could really go..

What about best bowlers? I guess if you go by the averages (just looking now), you've got Davidson, Byrne (? - don't remember him?), Stewart (??), Tongue, Laing, Hargreaves, Swift. Anyone we've missed? Greg Knight seems to bob up from time to time, big Dino can get them through and Parsons always bowls well. For us, Gartner is underrated.

Byrne was a pom that bowled tweakers for Ashburton. Stewart is on the money but a bit predictable. MacKintosh seems to takes wickets but unsure exaclty how!!You have to pay Cutter respect when he has the ball in hand.Crawford and McBride from Skevies are handy with the ball. I know he hasn't played Dunstan for a while but Suckling from Boronia is a handy bowler. Already taken about 14 wickets in A Turf!

Fair enough, don't remember the Pom. Don't know Stewart, Mackintosh just bowls wide and waits for guys to go after him, but he's not a great bowler. Don't know Crawford and McBride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back