ED v Mont Albert - Have to win
Hawthorn v Mulgrave - My flag favourites

Bears v GIen Iris - Keep rolling on
Boronia v Marcellin - Grand final rematch
Willows v Richmond City - You would think ashburton
Skevies v Bulleen - Just
ED v Mont Albert - Have to win
Hawthorn v Mulgrave - To bounce back

Bears v GIen Iris - GI to score alot but their bowlers to be smashed all around the park AGAIN
Boronia v Marcellin - Winning form good form
Willows v Richmond City - I don't know why
Skevies v Bulleen - Skevies too good
ED v Mont Albert - MA no depth to their batting or bowling this season
Hawthorn v Mulgrave - Ist round loss just a blip.

Bears v Glen Iris - Bears to continue their winning form
Boronia v Marcellin - Boronia too strong here
Ashburton v Richmond City - Ashy at home, but expect a very close game
St.Kevins v Bulleen - St Kevs to account for an out of form Bulleen side
East Doncaster v Mont Albert - Mont Albert to get off the mark
Hawthorn v Mulgrave - Mulgrave comfortably

It is also interesting to see that 3 of last year's finalists make up 3 of the bottom 4 teams.

I thought I might raise the unspeakable question early. Which two teams will be relegated this season? At least one of last year's finalists will go down for sure. But which one(s). For the record I think two will go down. Glen Iris, despite probably ending the season being the highest run scorer this year, they will fail to contain or bowl opposition sides out. And Mont Albert, they simply will not score enough runs to win enough matches. Let the debate begin.

I thought I might raise the unspeakable question early. Which two teams will be relegated this season? At least one of last year's finalists will go down for sure. But which one(s). For the record I think two will go down. Glen Iris, despite probably ending the season being the highest run scorer this year, they will fail to contain or bowl opposition sides out. And Mont Albert, they simply will not score enough runs to win enough matches. Let the debate begin.

Marcellin would be a massive show, I do agree about GI, a few interesting question marks over Mont Alberts batting but they should get better you would think. But as it is early doors it is hard to say, but we will have a better look at how the relegation battle pans out at the christmas break.

Marcellin would be a massive show, I do agree about GI, a few interesting question marks over Mont Alberts batting but they should get better you would think. But as it is early doors it is hard to say, but we will have a better look at how the relegation battle pans out at the christmas break.
Comeon Bob get off the fence. Too easy to call at Xmas.

It is hard to say at the moment because there have been a few games affected by rain. Which is affecting some of the ladder positions. But as i said on my last post I think Marcellin are favourites to go down and question marks over Glen Iris bowling and Mont Albert's batting

Good topic! It is very early, but interesting to see where peoples opinons are at this stage and if those predictions turn out to be correct. I too think GI are going to struggle. A couple more losses and they will really be under pressure. MA are at the bottom at the moment, but lets not forget their two losses so far are against Mulgrave/Deepdene, so they have some more winable games to come. I think they'll improve and win enough games to avoid going down. I think RC might be in a little bit of trouble (sorry Terry). They are playing alright, but just can't seem to get over the line and at the end of the season the 6 points is all that matters! Marcellin need to be careful. Traditionally BOTH promoted teams don't perform together and Boronia are showing a little more than them at the moment. I just know I'm going to have egg on my face after all these premature write off comments!

I also just noticed that after being relegated, Canterbury are 0 from 3 and sitting at the bottom of A-Turf.

Good topic. gees we are all quick to write GI's off. We did it last year and it back fired. They might not bowl a lot of teams out but we all know how strong their batting attack is and that will get them across the line in enough games. Rumour has it that they have picked up an extra bowler too. My tips a re Marcellin & East Donny but this is a tight comp and as easily as someone can make the finals, they can be relegated too. I'd say this is the closest competition for years. Suffice to say, GI's will either prove prospector wrong or right against Deepdene this weekend and I have a funny feeling that they will surprise!!!

Good topic! It is very early, but interesting to see where peoples opinons are at this stage and if those predictions turn out to be correct. I too think GI are going to struggle. A couple more losses and they will really be under pressure. MA are at the bottom at the moment, but lets not forget their two losses so far are against Mulgrave/Deepdene, so they have some more winable games to come. I think they'll improve and win enough games to avoid going down. I think RC might be in a little bit of trouble (sorry Terry). They are playing alright, but just can't seem to get over the line and at the end of the season the 6 points is all that matters! Marcellin need to be careful. Traditionally BOTH promoted teams don't perform together and Boronia are showing a little more than them at the moment. I just know I'm going to have egg on my face after all these premature write off comments!

I also just noticed that after being relegated, Canterbury are 0 from 3 and sitting at the bottom of A-Turf.
Could be a big fall from grace for Canterbury, Dunstan - A - B

They might then change leagues like their footy club did!

tipping again - well only got 1 last week so keen to bounce back.

Bears v GIen Iris - tipping an upset here. not sure deepdene have what it takes past parsins.
Boronia v Marcellin - boronia coming off a big win against mulgrave. scores looked very close too
Willows v Richmond City - Ashy to roll RC very easily. Cox to continue form
Skevies v Bulleen - Bulleen to come back. Porter maybe in form now. very good bat!
ED v Mont Albert - Have to win to get off bottom. proud club and will get the job done here.
Hawthorn v Mulgrave - to win and bounce back. Aldens and Days to make runs. Haw rely on tounge so will be a good game.

I think it is way too early to give any season predictions.. 2 one dayers and one heavily effeceted by rain. Not sure how anyone can judge on this. the wickets haven't been great so far maybe better on some grounds.
Mont Albert will come back. lets not forget they were about the same this time last season and made finals. Boronia look to be the GI of last season, but lets see in the next few. Haw look good, and ED 2 wins so far is good for them.
Mulgrave always up there and Deepdene up there too. for me Marcellin and Rich Coty are the 2 teams that will need to get a few wins to avoid. Ashy, Bulleen and MA are very good sides and won't be bottom.

My tips

Bears v GIen Iris - form too good at the moment
Boronia v Marcellin -
Willows v Richmond City
Skevies v Bulleen
ED v Mont Albert - MA better team in 2 dayers
Hawthorn v Mulgrave

8 blokes still haven't put in their tips. At the moment according to tips Bears, Boronia and Ashy are sure things. Bulleen v St K and MA v Ed are 50/50 prospects while Mulg is a slight favorite over Haw.

Bears v GIen Iris - Can see GI bowlers struggling against parso's boys
Boronia v Marcellin - Boronia in some good form
Willows v Richmond City - City to bounce back from 2 straight defeats with upset of the round
Skevies v Bulleen - Skevs.....just
ED v Mont Albert - MA to bounce in the two dayers
Hawthorn v Mulgrave - Hawthorn in a close one

Deep v GIen Iris - Deep look good so have to tip them. However, GI will win if parsons globes up!
Boronia v Marcellin - going alright but close game
Ashb v Richmond City - Have to go RC.
Skevies v Bulleen - Too good for Skevs.
ED v Mont Albert - bounce back to dominate with the bat. 300+
Hawthorn v Mulgrave - looking good so hard to tip against esp after Mul loss

Deep v GIen Iris - In form and should trot this in like Black Cav
Boronia v Marcellin - With momentum should be too far to travel for Marcellin
Ashb v Richmond City - Class prevails
Skevies v Bulleen - Tough game, flipped the coin
ED v Mont Albert - Good track out there, MA to make too many
Hawthorn v Mulgrave - Play there small home ground well, like the way they go about it but expect Mulg to bounce back hard

Deep v GIen Iris - In form and should trot this in like Black Cav
Boronia v Marcellin - With momentum should be too far to travel for Marcellin
Ashb v Richmond City - Class prevails
Skevies v Bulleen - Tough game, flipped the coin
ED v Mont Albert - Good track out there, MA to make too many
Hawthorn v Mulgrave - Play there small home ground well, like the way they go about it but expect Mulg to bounce back hard
Good track? Worst track behind D.S Bull in the comp!

Back