mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

wetdeck;283757 said:
Not sure about the full side... I'll name as many as i can.

S Babo (St. Francis) (C)
C Law (WC) (VC)
Z Awan (WC)
Mi Costello (St. Francis)
M Pell (Merlo)
T Campbell (WC)
P Trilucio (WC)
B Harding (St. Francis)
E Long (Mar. Park)
Newton (St. Andrews)

This is the game of the round on Sunday. Watching SMOKE Newton rip through the top order of NWCA.

Hopefully he can get a few wickets as well the day before.

Wonder if the drinks will be chilled, i am betting FOS will look after him so have a few spare so i can pinch a few.

Not bad tipping Bomber, but St Francis would have to be your deep down selection.

Hope the tips you made come through though.

Also bomber, seeing as you seem in the know, if STAGE 4 water restrcitions are called does that mean the comp is cancelled straight away?

wetdeck;283757 said:
Not sure about the full side... I'll name as many as i can.

S Babo (St. Francis) (C)
C Law (WC) (VC)
Z Awan (WC)
Mi Costello (St. Francis)
M Pell (Merlo)
T Campbell (WC)
P Trilucio (WC)
B Harding (St. Francis)
E Long (Mar. Park)
Newton (St. Andrews)

This is the game of the round on Sunday. Watching SMOKE Newton rip through the top order of NWCA.

Hopefully he can get a few wickets as well the day before.

Wonder if the drinks will be chilled, i am betting FOS will look after him so have a few spare so i can pinch a few.

Not bad tipping Bomber, but St Francis would have to be your deep down selection.

Hope the tips you made come through though.

Also bomber, seeing as you seem in the know, if STAGE 4 water restrcitions are called does that mean the comp is cancelled straight away?

bomber27;286971 said:
Deano, you might have pull up, your last two posts (wet weather and old blokes) have been way to intelligent for this forum.
I don't think we can afford to raise the bar.

OK tips

St Andrews v St Francis - St Francis should win on form, but I'm not completely sold on them yet. St Andrews have copped a bit, will step up

St Marys v Glenroy - If it wasn't for the above game, this would be match of the round

Socials v Sunshine Hts - Only tipping them if they are full strength.

Pascoe Vale v East Coburg - Cooray Brothers have hit some form

Haig Amateurs v West Coburg - Not much I can say

Barkly St Uniting v Merlynston Hadfield - We're due to finish one off.

ok my tips for this round

St Francis- look the goods....babo is making runs but i think they actually dont just rely on him

Glenroy- will be very close....depends on parker, pipe and stevenson. At least one of those 3 need a big score or marys will win.

Socials- if at full strength 2 good

West Coburg- bowling way 2 strong for Haig

Barkly St- Batting a little 2 strong for Merlyos attack

East Coburg- Pacco arent playing well atm

bomber27;286971 said:
Deano, you might have pull up, your last two posts (wet weather and old blokes) have been way to intelligent for this forum.
I don't think we can afford to raise the bar.

OK tips

St Andrews v St Francis - St Francis should win on form, but I'm not completely sold on them yet. St Andrews have copped a bit, will step up

St Marys v Glenroy - If it wasn't for the above game, this would be match of the round

Socials v Sunshine Hts - Only tipping them if they are full strength.

Pascoe Vale v East Coburg - Cooray Brothers have hit some form

Haig Amateurs v West Coburg - Not much I can say

Barkly St Uniting v Merlynston Hadfield - We're due to finish one off.

St Francis- look the goods....babo is making runs but i think they actually dont just rely on him

Glenroy- will be very close....depends on parker, pipe and stevenson. At least one of those 3 need a big score or marys will win.

Deano;286984 said:

That's a great question Deano. Bomber - any ideas? Are the exceptions granted to sporting clubs even if there are Stage 4 restrictions?

The other thing is with the fact that it is hailing in Brunswick at the moment and storms forecast - it might be another weekend doing housework :eek:

If we did not need the rain so badly I would be quite annoyed :rolleyes:

Just itching to get out on the park and have some fun!

Deano;286984 said:

That's a great question Deano. Bomber - any ideas? Are the exceptions granted to sporting clubs even if there are Stage 4 restrictions?

The other thing is with the fact that it is hailing in Brunswick at the moment and storms forecast - it might be another weekend doing housework :eek:

putabellintheball;287027 said:

Have no idea how sporting grounds are effected with stage 4 restrictions. It would be interseting to find out how turf comps around country Victoria go as there would already be alot of areas on stage 4. Anyone have any mates playing in these effected areas?
Some clubs would be using bore water.
Although from what I keep hearing is that the government refuses to go to stage 4 and we may go from 3A to 3B to 3C etc. So what that means to grounds, who knows.

putabellintheball;287027 said:

Have no idea how sporting grounds are effected with stage 4 restrictions. It would be interseting to find out how turf comps around country Victoria go as there would already be alot of areas on stage 4. Anyone have any mates playing in these effected areas?
Although from what I keep hearing is that the government refuses to go to stage 4 and we may go from 3A to 3B to 3C etc. So what that means to grounds, who knows.

bomber27;287048 said:

Just had a look online and the following is for 3a:

Sportsgrounds

Each local council rationalises their sportsgrounds. This means that one in four are selected to be watered. Water used on the sportsground needs to be reduced by 25%, in accordance with a water conservation plan, that has been submitted by each council. It is important that we keep our community sport going while still cutting back the amount of water that we are using.

The following is for Stage 4:

Sporting Grounds

All outside watering is banned. No watering at any time, by any means.

From the following website:

Our Water, Our Future - Water Restrictions

:(

Not good....but local council rules may apply I suppose and their might be exceptions though I doubt it.....

bomber27;287048 said:

Sportsgrounds

Each local council rationalises their sportsgrounds. This means that one in four are selected to be watered. Water used on the sportsground needs to be reduced by 25%, in accordance with a water conservation plan, that has been submitted by each council. It is important that we keep our community sport going while still cutting back the amount of water that we are using.

Sporting Grounds

Not good....but local council rules may apply I suppose and their might be exceptions though I doubt it.....

bomber27;286327 said:
Age is no barrier for me. Couldn't hit the ball at 25 and nothings changed at 35. :)
The only benefits of playing now, rather then ten years ago is that those green cans taste so much better after a day in the field.

Bomber wait until you turn 50 and taste one after a day in the field, keep playing it's worth the pain.

bomber27;286327 said:
Age is no barrier for me. Couldn't hit the ball at 25 and nothings changed at 35. :)
The only benefits of playing now, rather then ten years ago is that those green cans taste so much better after a day in the field.

Bomber wait until you turn 50 and taste one after a day in the field, keep playing it's worth the pain.

wal05;286102 said:
Phil Eilers is a hack and is too old. St.francis were looking ok without him but will now be ever so reliant on him again. Never seen a worse batsmen make so many runs over so many seasons. This is a young mans game no room for old men. Look at jolley he is getting too old also. how many runs has he made this season? Nev has been impressive though!!

I ask you this question wal05. How many runs have you made over the last 10 yrs? Im guessing it wouldnt be anywhere near what Phil has made.

Phil is one of the most respected guys in the MMVCA and has been for a long time. For you to get on here and say things like you have about him says alot about you, you moron!

wal05;286102 said:
Phil Eilers is a hack and is too old. St.francis were looking ok without him but will now be ever so reliant on him again. Never seen a worse batsmen make so many runs over so many seasons. This is a young mans game no room for old men. Look at jolley he is getting too old also. how many runs has he made this season? Nev has been impressive though!!

I ask you this question wal05. How many runs have you made over the last 10 yrs? Im guessing it wouldnt be anywhere near what Phil has made.

Phil is one of the most respected guys in the MMVCA and has been for a long time. For you to get on here and say things like you have about him says alot about you, you moron!

putabellintheball;287050 said:

Sportsgrounds

Sporting Grounds

Essential this means you better take up another sport or something else cause you won't be playing Cricket due to the ground being unsafe for sport.

putabellintheball;287050 said:

Sportsgrounds

Sporting Grounds

Essential this means you better take up another sport or something else cause you won't be playing Cricket due to the ground being unsafe for sport.

jontyfromsa;287000 said:

jonty is that the same attack that rolled St Andrews for 115, St Marys for 180 and to a lesser extent Sunshine for 99:confused: Barkly street must be sensational with the bat or Merlo's bowling is ordinary and got lucky 3 out of 4 innings. Are you paying attention this year champ or have you got your jonty where it souldn't be? Merlo's bowling is very even and has good variety, don't be surprised if you see 2 x former district cricketers slipping in into their side for a run just prior or post Xmas. That should get the fingers typing!!!!

jontyfromsa;287000 said:

jonty is that the same attack that rolled St Andrews for 115, St Marys for 180 and to a lesser extent Sunshine for 99:confused: Barkly street must be sensational with the bat or Merlo's bowling is ordinary and got lucky 3 out of 4 innings. Are you paying attention this year champ or have you got your jonty where it souldn't be? Merlo's bowling is very even and has good variety, don't be surprised if you see 2 x former district cricketers slipping in into their side for a run just prior or post Xmas. That should get the fingers typing!!!!

Guru14;287228 said:

HaHa.....Ill be happy to admit I was wrong if you can roll Barkly Street. i think their batting is handy on its day....and the NAMES in ur current attack dont put fear into my heart champ. Does that mean Merlo, havent done well this year?? Of course not...they have absolutely surprised everyone and are unlucky not to have more points thus far....mind u havent played the mighty redbacks yet lol

Guru14;287228 said:

HaHa.....Ill be happy to admit I was wrong if you can roll Barkly Street. i think their batting is handy on its day....and the NAMES in ur current attack dont put fear into my heart champ. Does that mean Merlo, havent done well this year?? Of course not...they have absolutely surprised everyone and are unlucky not to have more points thus far....mind u havent played the mighty redbacks yet lol

jontyfromsa;287306 said:

Heard they are very keen for Xmas to come and go so that they can have a crack at the 'mighty redbacks':cool:

jontyfromsa;287306 said:

Heard they are very keen for Xmas to come and go so that they can have a crack at the 'mighty redbacks':cool:

Bomber there looks to be a little bit of rain on the way, hopefully that won't effect the wickets if the covers go down by 4-5 you wouldn't think?

Bomber there looks to be a little bit of rain on the way, hopefully that won't effect the wickets if the covers go down by 4-5 you wouldn't think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back