mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?

If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?

hagman;291382 said:
Hello Plugger(Paul falduto) should no that??? has only had the one game and made a quick 30 plus. Dicko is now only playing b grade,mark is a gun bat and bowler and its Pallini?Ross is the no1 keeper in the comp and has been for years Billy is a legend at our club and play in A grade flags with pascoe so its natural he (jason) would come to play here not for $$$$$$$ so how f.... are you Big MOUTH Captain my Captain sounds like you are a Sucker...Larks! Lets stick it up them GO PACCO

gee everyone on here is firing up all of a sudden.....it must be the Xmas cheer!:D

hagman;291382 said:
Hello Plugger(Paul falduto) should no that??? has only had the one game and made a quick 30 plus. Dicko is now only playing b grade,mark is a gun bat and bowler and its Pallini?Ross is the no1 keeper in the comp and has been for years Billy is a legend at our club and play in A grade flags with pascoe so its natural he (jason) would come to play here not for $$$$$$$ so how f.... are you Big MOUTH Captain my Captain sounds like you are a Sucker...Larks! Lets stick it up them GO PACCO

gee everyone on here is firing up all of a sudden.....it must be the Xmas cheer!:D

jontyfromsa;287000 said:
ok my tips for this round

St Francis- look the goods....babo is making runs but i think they actually dont just rely on him

Glenroy- will be very close....depends on parker, pipe and stevenson. At least one of those 3 need a big score or marys will win.

Socials- if at full strength 2 good

West Coburg- bowling way 2 strong for Haig

Barkly St- Batting a little 2 strong for Merlyos attack

East Coburg- Pacco arent playing well atm

good judge I am lol
1 tip right and that was Westy by 2 runs!!

jontyfromsa;287000 said:
ok my tips for this round

St Francis- look the goods....babo is making runs but i think they actually dont just rely on him

Glenroy- will be very close....depends on parker, pipe and stevenson. At least one of those 3 need a big score or marys will win.

Socials- if at full strength 2 good

West Coburg- bowling way 2 strong for Haig

Barkly St- Batting a little 2 strong for Merlyos attack

East Coburg- Pacco arent playing well atm

good judge I am lol
1 tip right and that was Westy by 2 runs!!

Guru14;291282 said:
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) East Coburg v St Marys
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) St Andrews v West Coburg
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) St Francis de Sales v Sunshine Heights
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) Pascoe Vale v The Socials
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) Merlynston Hadfield v Glenroy
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) Barkly Street Uniting Church Cricket Club v Haig Amateurs

There are some interesting games this week boys, I know it's early and if you ask FFNB they probably won't play this round but who do we all think are possible winners.

st andrews to beat west coburg easily. a game like this has too much pressure for west coburg to cope with.

st francis to get up but i think this game could be a toss of the coin

Pacoe lol to win in the joke off

glenroy to dissapoiont merlo

barkly st too good for haig.

Massive interest in the st andrews game. playing for minor premiership. wonder if the lesser like from westy will show up. nader? roberts? pas? will be interesting and some input from thopse 3 will go along way to getting the points.

Guru14;291282 said:
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) Barkly Street Uniting Church Cricket Club v Haig Amateurs

There are some interesting games this week boys, I know it's early and if you ask FFNB they probably won't play this round but who do we all think are possible winners.

st andrews to beat west coburg easily. a game like this has too much pressure for west coburg to cope with.

Massive interest in the st andrews game. playing for minor premiership. wonder if the lesser like from westy will show up. nader? roberts? pas? will be interesting and some input from thopse 3 will go along way to getting the points.

Guru14;291282 said:

Lets see if I can do any better this round!!

West to defeat St Andrews...game of the round...we usually play well against them!

St Francis if they have recovered mentally from being pumped last week....will be an interesting test

Pascoe Vale...the Socials are really struggling atm...interesting to see Vernon back last week

Glenroy...still not 100% convinced about Merlos bowling attack but all credit to them...they are 1 of the form teams of the comp right now

Barkly St- 2 strong for Haig

Guru14;291282 said:

West to defeat St Andrews...game of the round...we usually play well against them!

St Francis if they have recovered mentally from being pumped last week....will be an interesting test

Pascoe Vale...the Socials are really struggling atm...interesting to see Vernon back last week

Glenroy...still not 100% convinced about Merlos bowling attack but all credit to them...they are 1 of the form teams of the comp right now

jontyfromsa;291500 said:
Guru14;291282 said:

st marys comfortabley
st. andrews, west coburg will crack under the pressure
st.francis to bounce back
pascoe vale in a no contest
merlo in a fairly close one
barkly st. fairly easily

jontyfromsa;291500 said:
Guru14;291282 said:

st marys comfortabley
st. andrews, west coburg will crack under the pressure
st.francis to bounce back
pascoe vale in a no contest
merlo in a fairly close one
barkly st. fairly easily

allrounder;291512 said:
heard very strong rumour that Sanath Jayasuriya will be playing for Sunny Heights after xmas, anyone heard of this

Ha ha. What a pissa. I can't stop laughing. Your'e a funny bloke allrounder. We need more blokes like you on this site. Too many blokes bagging each-other but not enough true comedians like yourself. Keep up the good work.

allrounder;291512 said:
heard very strong rumour that Sanath Jayasuriya will be playing for Sunny Heights after xmas, anyone heard of this

Ha ha. What a pissa. I can't stop laughing. Your'e a funny bloke allrounder. We need more blokes like you on this site. Too many blokes bagging each-other but not enough true comedians like yourself. Keep up the good work.

Even though the bookies would have Merlo enter this rounds' game against Glenroy as favorites, I am prepared to declare the boys from Glenroy as 'good things'. Merlo have over-achieved thus far and would be content with where they sit currently on the ladder. They don't have the players to consistently win games and their current 'so-called' success will be fleeting. They have one decent opener and the rest have either failed or are yet to be exposed. Glenroy at least have the talent. I will be happy to accept criticism should I be proven wrong but I am prepared to put my balls on the line and say that Glenroy are certainties.

If only the bookies would accept bets on our competition...

Even though the bookies would have Merlo enter this rounds' game against Glenroy as favorites, I am prepared to declare the boys from Glenroy as 'good things'. Merlo have over-achieved thus far and would be content with where they sit currently on the ladder. They don't have the players to consistently win games and their current 'so-called' success will be fleeting. They have one decent opener and the rest have either failed or are yet to be exposed. Glenroy at least have the talent. I will be happy to accept criticism should I be proven wrong but I am prepared to put my balls on the line and say that Glenroy are certainties.

wal05;291498 said:
Guru14;291282 said:

Socials have not missed the finals too many times in the last 20 years peanut! lay the boots in while we are struggling you weak mutt!

wal05;291498 said:
Guru14;291282 said:

Socials have not missed the finals too many times in the last 20 years peanut! lay the boots in while we are struggling you weak mutt!

Glenroy...still not 100% convinced about Merlos bowling attack [/B]but all credit to them...they are 1 of the form teams of the comp right now

just a quick fact looking at the comp stats merlo have taken 49 wickets this season so bowled everyone out except st francis .. babo is the only person to make a score against them .. im pritty sure thats a convincing bowling attack by most peoples standards

Glenroy...still not 100% convinced about Merlos bowling attack [/B]but all credit to them...they are 1 of the form teams of the comp right now

just a quick fact looking at the comp stats merlo have taken 49 wickets this season so bowled everyone out except st francis .. babo is the only person to make a score against them .. im pritty sure thats a convincing bowling attack by most peoples standards

DonPavillion;290675 said:
Like most of our batsmen he has only had two hits. batted well on the week end and showed what he is capable of. Is doing a great job in developing the youngsters at the same time and his captaincy skills are second to none, something that our club hasn't had for a while. As one of his senior players if you ask me the 'big bucks' that everyone keeps going on about are worth every cent.

i agree roger doing a great job down at merlo to get them from where they were last season.. but to say the club hasnt had good captaincy then have a look at the last 3 .. rhett kelly , punky , and wally probli 3 of the most well known players that have played there since the club merged the problem down there in previous years seemed to be the lack of experience n lack of depth which they seem to have a lot more of this season with a few younger guys having a bigger impact on games .. as well as punky doing what punky does week in week out

Like most of our batsmen he has only had two hits. batted well on the week end and showed what he is capable of. Is doing a great job in developing the youngsters at the same time and his captaincy skills are second to none, something that our club hasn't had for a while. As one of his senior players if you ask me the 'big bucks' that everyone keeps going on about are worth every cent.

i agree roger doing a great job down at merlo to get them from where they were last season.. but to say the club hasnt had good captaincy then have a look at the last 3 .. rhett kelly , punky , and wally probli 3 of the most well known players that have played there since the club merged the problem down there in previous years seemed to be the lack of experience n lack of depth which they seem to have a lot more of this season with a few younger guys having a bigger impact on games .. as well as punky doing what punky does week in week out

Guru14;291258 said:
I think his individual results would be a bonus and the club should and does come first.

Stay tuned as Roger Murray and Merlo will put some pressure on when it counts the most and with a reasonable run after Xmas the sky's the limit. I hope for Roger's sake he is on as much as you say to have to put up with the bullsh*t you have written about him!

love a good suck in, good luck this week roger! hope your wisdom gets you through the season:)go m/h haha

sm are sh*t

Guru14;291258 said:
I think his individual results would be a bonus and the club should and does come first.

Stay tuned as Roger Murray and Merlo will put some pressure on when it counts the most and with a reasonable run after Xmas the sky's the limit. I hope for Roger's sake he is on as much as you say to have to put up with the bullsh*t you have written about him!

love a good suck in, good luck this week roger! hope your wisdom gets you through the season:)go m/h haha

sm are sh*t

onyabike;291635 said:

"captaincy skills" not necessarily captains in general, he has s knack of making good moves at good times and implementing strategic and well thought out field placements. Stop being humble muz, i think we all know you have been sprung lol

onyabike;291635 said:

"captaincy skills" not necessarily captains in general, he has s knack of making good moves at good times and implementing strategic and well thought out field placements. Stop being humble muz, i think we all know you have been sprung lol

Komodo Dragon;291597 said:

KD I'll have those nuts mounted when Merlo wins, Glenroy at least have talent, which is like the Frankston Cultural Centre! They both exist but no truth to either of them!:cool:

Komodo Dragon;291597 said:

KD I'll have those nuts mounted when Merlo wins, Glenroy at least have talent, which is like the Frankston Cultural Centre! They both exist but no truth to either of them!:cool:

burrito;291665 said:

sm are sh*t

a good suck in perhaps but i think roger should work hard on his game. all something like this does is put pressure on him. especially with his responses as guru. once you have been put up in front of all of big cricket to see and back yourself so heavily your asking for trouble i would have thought. So go get some runs guru so u don't get eaten alive on here. No pressure PAL!

burrito;291665 said:

sm are sh*t

a good suck in perhaps but i think roger should work hard on his game. all something like this does is put pressure on him. especially with his responses as guru. once you have been put up in front of all of big cricket to see and back yourself so heavily your asking for trouble i would have thought. So go get some runs guru so u don't get eaten alive on here. No pressure PAL!

i think we are in need of some analysis on the captains of each club!!
who is the best? not only best player but best tactically as well.

who is the worst?

who is the worst?

wal05;291680 said:

who is the worst?

You first Wal05!

My thoughts on captains if I can recall all of them

Jolley - 8/10 - 3 flags as skipper in MMVCA. Has runs on the board, not sure if best "tactician" though
Costello - 1st year un proven. performs well with bat/ball. 7/10 so far
Parker - 7/10 leads by example with bat. Difficult "team" to control on field at times
Appleyard - unproven, but has good experience from UK. 8.5/10 so far. Will be best skipper by years end
Cooray - 1st year, sounds like he knows what he is doing, but lots to learn. 6/10 so far
Terranova - been in job a long time, with little talent to work with 6/10
Kunisevic (?) - did good job last year 6/10
Murray - 1st year in comp doing quite well 8/10 so far
Berchy - 1st year unproven, 4/10 so far
Andrews - solid performer, with aging team, needs some big names back. 6/10
Hunter - good thinker, leads well bat/ball - 8/10
Barkly St - not sure of skipper, maybe Summerfield - if so he is good honest performer 6/10

other thoughts .........

wal05;291680 said:

who is the worst?

You first Wal05!

My thoughts on captains if I can recall all of them

Jolley - 8/10 - 3 flags as skipper in MMVCA. Has runs on the board, not sure if best "tactician" though
Costello - 1st year un proven. performs well with bat/ball. 7/10 so far
Parker - 7/10 leads by example with bat. Difficult "team" to control on field at times
Appleyard - unproven, but has good experience from UK. 8.5/10 so far. Will be best skipper by years end
Cooray - 1st year, sounds like he knows what he is doing, but lots to learn. 6/10 so far
Terranova - been in job a long time, with little talent to work with 6/10
Kunisevic (?) - did good job last year 6/10
Murray - 1st year in comp doing quite well 8/10 so far
Berchy - 1st year unproven, 4/10 so far
Andrews - solid performer, with aging team, needs some big names back. 6/10
Hunter - good thinker, leads well bat/ball - 8/10
Barkly St - not sure of skipper, maybe Summerfield - if so he is good honest performer 6/10

other thoughts .........

wal05;291676 said:

Wal05, the responses the Guru has given has been on the money I think. There has been any occasion where the responses haven't been measured and to the point. I would think the Guru is not alone in backing himself, look at any response on this forum. Let's see come February when the season is being taken apart and for that matter everyones performance and we'll see if the Guru stands up!

Just a word of advise from the Guru, try and get some runs yourself as we will know who you are by the end of the season, and don't leave yourself open PAL!

wal05;291676 said:

Wal05, the responses the Guru has given has been on the money I think. There has been any occasion where the responses haven't been measured and to the point. I would think the Guru is not alone in backing himself, look at any response on this forum. Let's see come February when the season is being taken apart and for that matter everyones performance and we'll see if the Guru stands up!

Just a word of advise from the Guru, try and get some runs yourself as we will know who you are by the end of the season, and don't leave yourself open PAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back