mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

RooBoy;291733 said:
You first Wal05!

My thoughts on captains if I can recall all of them

Jolley - 8/10 - 3 flags as skipper in MMVCA. Has runs on the board, not sure if best "tactician" though
Costello - 1st year un proven. performs well with bat/ball. 7/10 so far
Parker - 7/10 leads by example with bat. Difficult "team" to control on field at times
Appleyard - unproven, but has good experience from UK. 8.5/10 so far. Will be best skipper by years end
Cooray - 1st year, sounds like he knows what he is doing, but lots to learn. 6/10 so far
Terranova - been in job a long time, with little talent to work with 6/10
Kunisevic (?) - did good job last year 6/10
Murray - 1st year in comp doing quite well 8/10 so far
Berchy - 1st year unproven, 4/10 so far
Andrews - solid performer, with aging team, needs some big names back. 6/10
Hunter - good thinker, leads well bat/ball - 8/10
Barkly St - not sure of skipper, maybe Summerfield - if so he is good honest performer 6/10

other thoughts .........

Hunter: can't catch

RooBoy;291733 said:
You first Wal05!

My thoughts on captains if I can recall all of them

Jolley - 8/10 - 3 flags as skipper in MMVCA. Has runs on the board, not sure if best "tactician" though
Costello - 1st year un proven. performs well with bat/ball. 7/10 so far
Parker - 7/10 leads by example with bat. Difficult "team" to control on field at times
Appleyard - unproven, but has good experience from UK. 8.5/10 so far. Will be best skipper by years end
Cooray - 1st year, sounds like he knows what he is doing, but lots to learn. 6/10 so far
Terranova - been in job a long time, with little talent to work with 6/10
Kunisevic (?) - did good job last year 6/10
Murray - 1st year in comp doing quite well 8/10 so far
Berchy - 1st year unproven, 4/10 so far
Andrews - solid performer, with aging team, needs some big names back. 6/10
Hunter - good thinker, leads well bat/ball - 8/10
Barkly St - not sure of skipper, maybe Summerfield - if so he is good honest performer 6/10

other thoughts .........

kingy;291758 said:

This is going to hurt me.

Hunter: Good player. Solid bat who looks like he can bat for long periods, he has had a solid start to the year with the bat. He takes wickets, as i'm sure you blokes are aware off, this is a good thing for a bowler. Good it the field and has the respect from all his players, a good talker as all leaders should be.

kingy

kingy;291758 said:

Hunter: Good player. Solid bat who looks like he can bat for long periods, he has had a solid start to the year with the bat. He takes wickets, as i'm sure you blokes are aware off, this is a good thing for a bowler. Good it the field and has the respect from all his players, a good talker as all leaders should be.

kingy

burrito;291665 said:
love a good suck in, good luck this week roger! hope your wisdom gets you through the season:)go m/h haha

sm are sh*t

Well Done, you throw the line out there and its a good chance I'll take the bait.:)

burrito;291665 said:
love a good suck in, good luck this week roger! hope your wisdom gets you through the season:)go m/h haha

sm are sh*t

Well Done, you throw the line out there and its a good chance I'll take the bait.:)

Blinky Bill is a classic Australian favourite loved by generations of fans around the world. The recent animated TV series generated renewed interest in Blinky Bill's books, consumer products and DVDs. A strong nostalgia brand, families will be delighted to experience the fun and cheekiness of Blinky Bill, Australia’s favourite koala, and his good friends Nutsy and Flap the platypus

Comments? Questions?

Blinky Bill is a classic Australian favourite loved by generations of fans around the world. The recent animated TV series generated renewed interest in Blinky Bill's books, consumer products and DVDs. A strong nostalgia brand, families will be delighted to experience the fun and cheekiness of Blinky Bill, Australia’s favourite koala, and his good friends Nutsy and Flap the platypus

Comments? Questions?

kingy;291778 said:

kingy

yeah i'll second that, had a good old chat to me when i batted against you blokes, he wont admit it but i got him with his a ripper when he questioned me about my 4/120 from last season which he labelled "shit", when in fact he was one of those four victims.

In saying that he has probably been the best captain i have played against so far this year, followed by Matty Cos. Didn't get a good chance to see Jolley, played a silly shot when heat was on. Sunshine skipper, good guy, captaincy leaves a lot to be desired.

kingy;291778 said:

kingy

yeah i'll second that, had a good old chat to me when i batted against you blokes, he wont admit it but i got him with his a ripper when he questioned me about my 4/120 from last season which he labelled "shit", when in fact he was one of those four victims.

In saying that he has probably been the best captain i have played against so far this year, followed by Matty Cos. Didn't get a good chance to see Jolley, played a silly shot when heat was on. Sunshine skipper, good guy, captaincy leaves a lot to be desired.

Guru14;291742 said:
Wal05, the responses the Guru has given has been on the money I think. There has been any occasion where the responses haven't been measured and to the point. I would think the Guru is not alone in backing himself, look at any response on this forum. Let's see come February when the season is being taken apart and for that matter everyones performance and we'll see if the Guru stands up!

Just a word of advise from the Guru, try and get some runs yourself as we will know who you are by the end of the season, and don't leave yourself open PAL!

just for the record GURU i have many more runs than you on the board and i dont even all myself a batsmen. dont worry PAL we all have lean years and i can imagine the strain of captaincy is taking its toll.

Guru14;291742 said:
Wal05, the responses the Guru has given has been on the money I think. There has been any occasion where the responses haven't been measured and to the point. I would think the Guru is not alone in backing himself, look at any response on this forum. Let's see come February when the season is being taken apart and for that matter everyones performance and we'll see if the Guru stands up!

Just a word of advise from the Guru, try and get some runs yourself as we will know who you are by the end of the season, and don't leave yourself open PAL!

just for the record GURU i have many more runs than you on the board and i dont even all myself a batsmen. dont worry PAL we all have lean years and i can imagine the strain of captaincy is taking its toll.

wal05;291962 said:

He's had 2 hits get off his back. By anyone else's standards they are just getting into their season after two hits, lets judge at seasons end shal we.

wal05;291962 said:

He's had 2 hits get off his back. By anyone else's standards they are just getting into their season after two hits, lets judge at seasons end shal we.

Komodo Dragon;291586 said:
Ha ha. What a pissa. I can't stop laughing. Your'e a funny bloke allrounder. We need more blokes like you on this site. Too many blokes bagging each-other but not enough true comedians like yourself. Keep up the good work.

We will have to wait an see, starts work in sports store 2nd week in Jan

Komodo Dragon;291586 said:
Ha ha. What a pissa. I can't stop laughing. Your'e a funny bloke allrounder. We need more blokes like you on this site. Too many blokes bagging each-other but not enough true comedians like yourself. Keep up the good work.

We will have to wait an see, starts work in sports store 2nd week in Jan

DonPavillion;291952 said:

Don

I did not mean that type of talk, I meant talking to his players. Example, going through the days play, telling his players good and bad points. He is a good leader.

DonPavillion;291952 said:

Don

I did not mean that type of talk, I meant talking to his players. Example, going through the days play, telling his players good and bad points. He is a good leader.

kingy;291778 said:

kingy

Kingy right on the money. He even said himself this week at training he couldn't catch a cold.

kingy;291778 said:

kingy

Kingy right on the money. He even said himself this week at training he couldn't catch a cold.

cdca;291608 said:
wal05;291498 said:
Socials have not missed the finals too many times in the last 20 years peanut! lay the boots in while we are struggling you weak mutt!

Pacoe are flying right now there bowlers are hitting some form and the bats are ready to go and are captained by the best keeper/bat in the comp. the Pallini boys will fire up and they are very well liked at our club.. Gibbsy to take 6 for not many this week after mummy brings down another subway.

cdca;291608 said:
wal05;291498 said:
Socials have not missed the finals too many times in the last 20 years peanut! lay the boots in while we are struggling you weak mutt!

Pacoe are flying right now there bowlers are hitting some form and the bats are ready to go and are captained by the best keeper/bat in the comp. the Pallini boys will fire up and they are very well liked at our club.. Gibbsy to take 6 for not many this week after mummy brings down another subway.

God's Gift To Cricket;292187 said:
well dun to st francis last weekend, had a good win under the leadership of ma. costello. 6 points from st andrews. should push him up the captaincy rating i feel :D

yes i heard that st andrews have lost their points to st francis?? unlucky st andrews. obviously didnt do there research

well dun to st francis last weekend, had a good win under the leadership of ma. costello. 6 points from st andrews. should push him up the captaincy rating i feel :D

yes i heard that st andrews have lost their points to st francis?? unlucky st andrews. obviously didnt do there research

smiling assassin;292206 said:
cdca;291608 said:

Gibbsy bowls short shit but i see he has taken a few wickets this season, good on him. It must be those field positions set by your gun captain.

The Pallinis are over the hill. Id love to say that ill eat my words come the end of the season but i just cant see it happening.

On another note, I see/hear that St Francis have been rewarded the 6 points against St Andrews. Does anyone know why/how?

I think this will really turn their season around as they have not been awarded for the two games where there were washouts being in winning positions.

cdca;291608 said:

Gibbsy bowls short shit but i see he has taken a few wickets this season, good on him. It must be those field positions set by your gun captain.

The Pallinis are over the hill. Id love to say that ill eat my words come the end of the season but i just cant see it happening.

On another note, I see/hear that St Francis have been rewarded the 6 points against St Andrews. Does anyone know why/how?

I think this will really turn their season around as they have not been awarded for the two games where there were washouts being in winning positions.

Lenko;292280 said:

From the ladders information.

"Points reversed and awarded to St Francis due to St Andrews playing ineligible player (Denis Ryan)."

Lenko;292280 said:

"Points reversed and awarded to St Francis due to St Andrews playing ineligible player (Denis Ryan)."

Hirdy05_;292301 said:
Lenko;292280 said:

good old St Andrews caught bending the rules again! thought they would of learnt from last year.

I suppose they,ll have another whinge to get the points back

Bomber give us the complete story!

Hirdy05_;292301 said:
Lenko;292280 said:

good old St Andrews caught bending the rules again! thought they would of learnt from last year.

I suppose they,ll have another whinge to get the points back

Bomber give us the complete story!

Hirdy05_;292301 said:
Lenko;292280 said:

Ohh St. Andrews at it again. Comon fellars you are a better side than that and you dont need to go bending the rules to win games. Thats the only way those sides can take games off ya! Smoke even took a hattrick and u blokes didnt make it count! Cant afford 12 point turnarounds this early in the season!

You need to be a bit more professional than that St. Andrews!
You blokes never learn. FOS get these blokes under control. ;)

Enjoy getting back up to the top ;)
bcricket

Hirdy05_;292301 said:
Lenko;292280 said:

Ohh St. Andrews at it again. Comon fellars you are a better side than that and you dont need to go bending the rules to win games. Thats the only way those sides can take games off ya! Smoke even took a hattrick and u blokes didnt make it count! Cant afford 12 point turnarounds this early in the season!

You need to be a bit more professional than that St. Andrews!
You blokes never learn. FOS get these blokes under control. ;)

Enjoy getting back up to the top ;)
bcricket

Well it seems as though they cant get close to St Andrews on the field, so admin errors are their only chance for the points.

Should be an interesing rematch hopefully if St Andrews can sneak into the finals and St francis hold their spot.

From what you hear St Andrews are a spent force anyway.

Well it seems as though they cant get close to St Andrews on the field, so admin errors are their only chance for the points.

Should be an interesing rematch hopefully if St Andrews can sneak into the finals and St francis hold their spot.

From what you hear St Andrews are a spent force anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back