Changing the tact a little i want people's early predictions for season 2008/09

A turf premiers ? - My money is on West Coburg
A turf Champion - Justin Summerfield
A turf Batting - ?? Thats a hard one
A turf bolwing - Summerfield

what do others think

west coburg need to lift after being LEO SAYER for the last 3 years:cool:

Re: mmvca

The make up of the new Executive - very interesting.

David Lyons - Quiet bloke from what I know.

John Appleyard - Another quiet bloke but is not scared to speak his mind when needed

Tyson Woods - Everyone on the Forum knows him well

Shane Harris - Wouldn't be a MMVCA forum without him

Stephen Fielding Don't really know him

and the old

Lumpy - the old work horse

Should be a very good season coming up.

Fresh_Prince;223983 said:
Hot headed (probably the best way to describe him) but very organised and doubt he will take criticisms as well as Brett did. But time will tell.
Any other news around?
I heard Sammy won't be playing at Heights next year. Pretty big news since most of the team were his mates

Strange, I've know the bloke for 20 years, worked with and played cricket against, can not remember him being hot headed at all. Quite bloke actually, when he takes something on though he takes it on completely, so I think it's a good appointment for the Comp.

But of course, he's going to need the right people around him and plenty off them to do the job correctly. Unfortunately towards the end of Bretts tenure he only had 2 I think, and that no where enough to run a comp like this.

So good Luck Dave, hope all clubs support you and your committee and all goes well for the MMVCA.

John Appleyard - Another quiet bloke but is not scared to speak his mind when needed

and the old

and the old

Hirdy05_;224183 said:
Strange, I've know the bloke for 20 years, worked with and played cricket against, can not remember him being hot headed at all. Quite bloke actually, when he takes something on though he takes it on completely, so I think it's a good appointment for the Comp.

But of course, he's going to need the right people around him and plenty off them to do the job correctly. Unfortunately towards the end of Bretts tenure he only had 2 I think, and that no where enough to run a comp like this.

So good Luck Dave, hope all clubs support you and your committee and all goes well for the MMVCA.

Sniffin Around;224053 said:
From what I can recall, (my memory is not that great) David was the secretary and backbone of the now defunct Glenroy Amateurs for a number of years when they were in the VTCA. At the same time, and for a considerable number of years was heavily involved on the committee of the NWCA, mainly with the juniors. I think even one year as Secretary of their Association, not sure if he has had recent involvement. He has been Secretary of Glenroy since 2002.

I have known Dave for a number of years now and i agree with both your comments. He is a quite guy, and i can't say that he has ever been hot headed in the time i've known him, so i'm not sure where fresh prince?? is coming from.

I wish Dave, John, Shane, Tyson and all the other guys that have been willing to throw their hats into the ring all the very best for the upcoming season.

In the past i have been a heavy critic of Brett, but as you have all said, its a thankless job and without him i am not sure where the comp would've been.

Good Luck guys. Let's get the real action started!!!!

Hirdy05_;224183 said:

Hirdy05, we'll just have to wait and see , and like I said in my past post, I wish him all the best. I have never played cricket against the bloke just dealt with him in business, and there is nothing wrong with being passionate about what you do. It wasn't a nagative post directed towards him..
Most people playing in the MMVCA are Hot-Headed

Schnauzer;224410 said:
I have known Dave for a number of years now and i agree with both your comments. He is a quite guy, and i can't say that he has ever been hot headed in the time i've known him, so i'm not sure where fresh prince?? is coming from.

I wish Dave, John, Shane, Tyson and all the other guys that have been willing to throw their hats into the ring all the very best for the upcoming season.

In the past i have been a heavy critic of Brett, but as you have all said, its a thankless job and without him i am not sure where the comp would've been.

Schnauzer, like I said nothing against the bloke as I have only dealt with him outside of cricket...

Hirdy05_;224183 said:

Sniffin Around;224053 said:
From what I can recall, (my memory is not that great) David was the secretary and backbone of the now defunct Glenroy Amateurs for a number of years when they were in the VTCA. At the same time, and for a considerable number of years was heavily involved on the committee of the NWCA, mainly with the juniors. I think even one year as Secretary of their Association, not sure if he has had recent involvement. He has been Secretary of Glenroy since 2002.

Hirdy05_;224183 said:

Hirdy05, we'll just have to wait and see , and like I said in my past post, I wish him all the best. I have never played cricket against the bloke just dealt with him in business, and there is nothing wrong with being passionate about what you do. It wasn't a nagative post directed towards him..
Most people playing in the MMVCA are Hot-Headed

Schnauzer;224410 said:

Schnauzer, like I said nothing against the bloke as I have only dealt with him outside of cricket...

Schnauzer;224410 said:

Lots of people were critics of the past chairman - Brett. Lets hope David has a new approach

whatnogood;224423 said:
HAHAHAHA Very funny. I only stutter when I'm pissed.

The joys of dial up internet. Will be much happier when I'm back in Melbourne.

back on board i see.

how you gonna go working with the new crew!??

RooBoy;224430 said:
back on board i see.

Not back on board yet. Using dail up internet at my inlaws which is NO GOOD!!! Takes me 10 minutes to view anything.

Did I get a new job or something?

Schnauzer;224410 said:

Lots of people were critics of the past chairman - Brett. Lets hope David has a new approach

RooBoy;224428 said:
please explain the term being Leo Sayer ????

Leo Sayer song is "I'm a one man band" unfortunately not everyone is as old as essendon 2000.

But hopefully now you understand what he's talking about!

whatnogood;224423 said:
HAHAHAHA Very funny. I only stutter when I'm pissed.

The joys of dial up internet. Will be much happier when I'm back in Melbourne.

back on board i see.

RooBoy;224430 said:
back on board i see.

Not back on board yet. Using dail up internet at my inlaws which is NO GOOD!!! Takes me 10 minutes to view anything.

Hirdy05_;224461 said:
Leo Sayer song is "I'm a one man band" unfortunately not everyone is as old as essendon 2000.

i had a fair idea Essendon 2000 was meaning something along those lines, but hey Im not that familiar with Mr Sayers work!! :rolleyes:

still reckon West coburg will be the ones to beat, they have a good bunch of youg guys and a good coach in Callum Appleyard.

RooBoy;224428 said:
please explain the term being Leo Sayer ????

RooBoy;224500 said:
i had a fair idea Essendon 2000 was meaning something along those lines, but hey Im not that familiar with Mr Sayers work!! :rolleyes:
still reckon West coburg will be the ones to beat, they have a good bunch of youg guys and a good coach in Callum Appleyard.

Not many are RooBoy, Essendon 2000 would know a few tunes, Old School would be a certainty to know his work though.

whatnogood;224460 said:

come on dont play dumb :rolleyes:

Hirdy05_;224461 said:

Hirdy05_;224501 said:
Not many are RooBoy, Essendon 2000 would know a few tunes, Old School would be a certainty to know his work though.

maybe thats what the umpires (Essendon 2000) listen to to keep them motivated!!! :D

RooBoy;224500 said:

whatnogood;224460 said:

come on dont play dumb :rolleyes:

Hirdy05_;224501 said:

maybe thats what the umpires (Essendon 2000) listen to to keep them motivated!!! :D

Just to let everybody know St Andrews has not changed coach. Dave Jolley doing it again. Why change when it all works very well. Dave and all of St Andrews are looking for a 3peat, and go back to back to back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back