mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

bomber27;223006 said:
Thats a pretty weak and pathetic comment there jake j. You obviously never sat on a committee of any kind. How's the old saying go: You don't know what you have until its gone.
Well, with Brett and Matt stepping down after several years of voluntary work, we are now realising how much shit we are in without them.
I take it when someone else does stand up to do the job, you will be the first one to take cheap pot shots at them.
I'll be the first to put my hand up to say that I didn't always agree with what Brett did or said. But having been involved in other cricket associations and sports, we did pretty well with these guys.

Cheers Woodsy

Bomber, i agree even though I didnt like everything the committee did, Brett and Matt have put in many years or work, which isnt easy.

F.O.S;223042 said:
The boys got me there,but as one door closes another opens and still months away and all is not finished with yet and Heater after Christmas will keep a few batsmen on their toes !!!!!!!!

Also spending a bit of time securing a MAJOR sponsor who i have just about tied up,then back to the player contracts.lol

Sniffin Around;223013 said:
You will never know unless you ask !!
Would seem a better option than battling to get together an interim leadership group for one year until the NWCA takes over.
If you can't stand alone, a new Northern Division in the VTCA, would seem better than being run by a hard wicket comp.

Not sure about the NWCA "taking over" ?????????

Old School;222985 said:
G'Day KOS - all of the Essendon supporters have come out of the woodwork. No doubt I will hear from CDCA.
You are right about not being able to afford those things, with petrol prices the Range Rover had to be sold and the shallet at Mt Buller will not be used.
Lol, not getting carried away with the footy results, let's see where we are in a couple of years. I thought Hirdy wasn't going to an Essendon game while Knighter was coach, I was probably a bit disappointed myself a few weeks ago. Hope the D's & Dons get to another Granny playoff in a few years. Going to try and make that match myself if things work out ok ;)

Deano;222845 said:
The word is Heater may coach after chrsitmas when he returns from Echuca.

What you reckon FOS/ brisbane sluggers?

Just an idea being thrown around if current coach needs time for work

The boys got me there,but as one door closes another opens and still months away and all is not finished with yet and Heater after Christmas will keep a few batsmen on their toes !!!!!!!!

bomber27;223006 said:
Thats a pretty weak and pathetic comment there jake j. You obviously never sat on a committee of any kind. How's the old saying go: You don't know what you have until its gone.
Well, with Brett and Matt stepping down after several years of voluntary work, we are now realising how much shit we are in without them.
I take it when someone else does stand up to do the job, you will be the first one to take cheap pot shots at them.
I'll be the first to put my hand up to say that I didn't always agree with what Brett did or said. But having been involved in other cricket associations and sports, we did pretty well with these guys.

Cheers Woodsy
I agree with you Bomber, I thought Brett had done a good job while I was involved in the competition @|

F.O.S;223042 said:

Also spending a bit of time securing a MAJOR sponsor who i have just about tied up,then back to the player contracts.lol

Old School;222985 said:
G'Day KOS - all of the Essendon supporters have come out of the woodwork. No doubt I will hear from CDCA.
You are right about not being able to afford those things, with petrol prices the Range Rover had to be sold and the shallet at Mt Buller will not be used.
Lol, not getting carried away with the footy results, let's see where we are in a couple of years. I thought Hirdy wasn't going to an Essendon game while Knighter was coach, I was probably a bit disappointed myself a few weeks ago. Hope the D's & Dons get to another Granny playoff in a few years. Going to try and make that match myself if things work out ok ;)

bomber27;223006 said:

Cheers Woodsy
I agree with you Bomber, I thought Brett had done a good job while I was involved in the competition @|

King of Swing;223050 said:

Couldn't help myself KOS

Old School;223021 said:
Woodsy, you can join in too this is just a spat between Socials people.
You Essendon (Esserdon) people always join up together, but then in 5 minutes time you will all turn against each other. LOL
Isn't that right Hirdy????

Not going to argue with that, it's called passion, something which is lacking at the Melbourne Cricket Ground!!!!

bomber27;223006 said:

Cheers Woodsy[/QUOTE My opinion is there both knobs . But each to there own , you should send them some flowers Woodsy. cheers Johno

King of Swing;223050 said:

Couldn't help myself KOS

Has any club indicated leaving the comp?

Being involved with two previous local comps who went under, mostly due to lack of administration and due to set backs in merging with other associations it looks like uncertain times ahead.

You will find when one power house team leaves to another comp, tend to see a few clubs panic and follow suit not wanting to be left in a weakend comp.

Would be ashame to lose another local association.

Old School;223021 said:
Woodsy, you can join in too this is just a spat between Socials people.
You Essendon (Esserdon) people always join up together, but then in 5 minutes time you will all turn against each other. LOL
Isn't that right Hirdy????

Not going to argue with that, it's called passion, something which is lacking at the Melbourne Cricket Ground!!!!

WDCAcricketer;223226 said:

Being involved with two previous local comps who went under, mostly due to lack of administration and due to set backs in merging with other associations it looks like uncertain times ahead.

You will find when one power house team leaves to another comp, tend to see a few clubs panic and follow suit not wanting to be left in a weakend comp.

So is there a MMVCA in 2008/09 season. Will the MMVCA / NWCA merger now happen in 2008/09 instead of the schedule 2009/10 or will it be a complete takeover by the NWCA.

What will the VTCA do, will they accept any more turf teams (highly doubt they will, big enough as it is)

Any ideas out there.

bomber27;223006 said:

Cheers Woodsy[/QUOTE My opinion is there both knobs . But each to there own , you should send them some flowers Woodsy. cheers Johno

Opening Batsman;223357 said:
So is there a MMVCA in 2008/09 season. Will the MMVCA / NWCA merger now happen in 2008/09 instead of the schedule 2009/10 or will it be a complete takeover by the NWCA.

What will the VTCA do, will they accept any more turf teams (highly doubt they will, big enough as it is)

Any ideas out there.

From what I understand the VTCA does not actively seek out new Clubs, as this is a breach of VMCU protocol. Howevever they are more than happy to look at any Club that may approach them

WDCAcricketer;223226 said:

Any ideas out there.

Any ideas out there.

How come everyone is mentioning a Take over by NWCA! i thought they were struggling too? Maybe the MMVCA clubs are being kept in the dark.

Any ideas out there.

From what I understand the VTCA does not actively seek out new Clubs, as this is a breach of VMCU protocol. Howevever they are more than happy to look at any Club that may approach them

RooBoy;223406 said:
How come everyone is mentioning a Take over by NWCA! i thought they were struggling too? Maybe the MMVCA clubs are being kept in the dark.
RooBoy have you had any dealings with the NWCA?

Old School;223425 said:

no i cant say i have........i am only going on what people say on here and round the comp. But it is sounding more like a merger is definately on the cards.

Any ideas out there.

RooBoy;223428 said:
no i cant say i have........i am only going on what people say on here and round the comp. But it is sounding more like a merger is definately on the cards.
With a new chairman coming on board, someone will put their hand up at the EGM, things may change in the way of a merger. It has only been talks at this stage nothing has been voted on ie. by-laws
NWCA need senior clubs from the MMVCA more the we need NWCA They are only strong because of their junior competition.

RooBoy;223406 said:

Be interesting to see what comes out of the EGM.

I have just been appointed the delegate for Barkly St (although I cant be there tonight), so I look forward to catching up with some of you at the next meeting...

Old School;223425 said:

Old School;223441 said:
With a new chairman coming on board, someone will put their hand up at the EGM, things may change in the way of a merger. It has only been talks at this stage nothing has been voted on ie. by-laws
NWCA need senior clubs from the MMVCA more the we need NWCA They are only strong because of their junior competition.

you say that with some conviction! do you have the inside news?

RooBoy;223428 said:

so tonight is the night for the election of the new chairman.........has anyone got an idea of who might put their hand up??

Be interesting to see what comes out of the EGM.

I have just been appointed the delegate for Barkly St (although I cant be there tonight), so I look forward to catching up with some of you at the next meeting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back