mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

Ifya Adballs;222836 said:
Without leadership or direction, maybe it's time for the more proactive, or infact the entire Turf section, to join the VTCA before they are gobbled up by the power hungry NWCA. A hard wicket comp that has no idea on how to run turf cricket, they have tried before and failed.

surely thats not an option to join VTCA!

yes NWCA dont have a great record with cricket admin - enough said

Ifya Adballs;222848 said:
Why ??
If the Comp is struggling to survive, whats the better option?

i take your point, but how could the turf clubs just waltz into the VTCA. there would have to be negotiation and other changes. What if they dont want the MMVCA clubs??

According to Bomber a new prez is around the corner!

bomber27;222827 said:
So after all the talk FOS, you couldnt find anyone to take on the job.

The word is Heater may coach after chrsitmas when he returns from Echuca.

What you reckon FOS/ brisbane sluggers?

Just an idea being thrown around if current coach needs time for work

RooBoy;222822 said:
I think we all should say a big thank you to Brett for all the work he has done in the past!!

you cant be serious! is that anyway to leave a comp with no president!?
come on boys we all no that brett is a knob and the worst cricketer to play a grade and his little puppets are right behind him. please someone put there hands up so the dorks can finally be gone from running this comp. chippy put your hand up ha cause your umpiring is over .

Old School;222801 said:
I didn't see you make any runs against the pies that you claim that I throw up when you were playing.
Those pies must not be too bad wickets in every game last season.
U R a knob. See you in round 18 at the G with your mates Hirdy and CDCA for a beer or two.

lindsay hassett room ring to get in

Ifya Adballs;222848 said:
Why ??
If the Comp is struggling to survive, whats the better option?

i take your point, but how could the turf clubs just waltz into the VTCA. there would have to be negotiation and other changes. What if they dont want the MMVCA clubs??

jake j;222912 said:
come on boys we all no that brett is a knob and the worst cricketer to play a grade and his little puppets are right behind him. please someone put there hands up so the dorks can finally be gone from running this comp. chippy put your hand up ha cause your umpiring is over .

YOU ARE A MUPPETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RooBoy;222822 said:
I think we all should say a big thank you to Brett for all the work he has done in the past!!

you cant be serious! is that anyway to leave a comp with no president!?

Old School;222801 said:
I didn't see you make any runs against the pies that you claim that I throw up when you were playing.
Those pies must not be too bad wickets in every game last season.
U R a knob. See you in round 18 at the G with your mates Hirdy and CDCA for a beer or two.

lindsay hassett room ring to get in

jake j;222912 said:

YOU ARE A MUPPETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hirdy05_;222946 said:
We do not want "his kind" in with us ess!!!!

He'll probably be going to the "snow" in his "range rover" that weekend anyway!!!
Hirdy - can't you spell ESSENDON or should I spell it for you ESSERDON that is how your kind pronounce it.
Will you be there Hirdy?? I thought that you don't know your way around outside the postcode of 3047.

King of Swing;222977 said:
He can't afford those things now, married man, lol :D
G'Day KOS - all of the Essendon supporters have come out of the woodwork. No doubt I will hear from CDCA.
You are right about not being able to afford those things, with petrol prices the Range Rover had to be sold and the shallet at Mt Buller will not be used.

Old School;222983 said:
Hirdy - can't you spell ESSENDON or should I spell it for you ESSERDON that is how your kind pronounce it.
Will you be there Hirdy?? I thought that you don't know your way around outside the postcode of 3047.

Ahhh, soh yoor seyeng thet mi edukatin wastn as goud as yoors?

Hirdy05_;222946 said:
We do not want "his kind" in with us ess!!!!

He'll probably be going to the "snow" in his "range rover" that weekend anyway!!!

jake j;222912 said:

they are some strong words there Jake! you seem to have a low opinion of Brett and as you say his "puppets" and not to mention Chippy! i thought chippy was a fine good umpire i must say.

King of Swing;222977 said:
He can't afford those things now, married man, lol :D
G'Day KOS - all of the Essendon supporters have come out of the woodwork. No doubt I will hear from CDCA.
You are right about not being able to afford those things, with petrol prices the Range Rover had to be sold and the shallet at Mt Buller will not be used.

jake j;222912 said:

Thats a pretty weak and pathetic comment there jake j. You obviously never sat on a committee of any kind. How's the old saying go: You don't know what you have until its gone.
Well, with Brett and Matt stepping down after several years of voluntary work, we are now realising how much shit we are in without them.
I take it when someone else does stand up to do the job, you will be the first one to take cheap pot shots at them.
I'll be the first to put my hand up to say that I didn't always agree with what Brett did or said. But having been involved in other cricket associations and sports, we did pretty well with these guys.

Cheers Woodsy

Old School;222983 said:

Ahhh, soh yoor seyeng thet mi edukatin wastn as goud as yoors?

It just wouldn't be right if a Merlo person didn't jump into the middle of a Socials spat and have there two cents worth.:D

GO BOMBERS!!!

jake j;222912 said:

they are some strong words there Jake! you seem to have a low opinion of Brett and as you say his "puppets" and not to mention Chippy! i thought chippy was a fine good umpire i must say.

RooBoy;222850 said:

You will never know unless you ask !!
Would seem a better option than battling to get together an interim leadership group for one year until the NWCA takes over.
If you can't stand alone, a new Northern Division in the VTCA, would seem better than being run by a hard wicket comp.

jake j;222912 said:

Thats a pretty weak and pathetic comment there jake j. You obviously never sat on a committee of any kind. How's the old saying go: You don't know what you have until its gone.
Well, with Brett and Matt stepping down after several years of voluntary work, we are now realising how much shit we are in without them.
I take it when someone else does stand up to do the job, you will be the first one to take cheap pot shots at them.
I'll be the first to put my hand up to say that I didn't always agree with what Brett did or said. But having been involved in other cricket associations and sports, we did pretty well with these guys.

Cheers Woodsy

MERGER TALKS

This is part of an email sent out to the NWCA Clubs about 10 weeks ago by their CEO.

Any thoughts ?? Will a new President go down that path ?? Have the MMVCA Clubs seen something similar ??

Hi the Clubs
After last Thursday's meeting with MMVCA I would like to give you an update on our merger discussions.
Because of the large amount of work still to be done, the merge will unfortunately not happen in time for Season 2008-2009.
The Constitution has virtually been completed and this will be sent to the clubs for any comment during the next few weeks.
It has been agreed that the Rules & By-Laws and other administrative matters will be completed by the end of November 2008.
This will be then forwarded to the clubs during December for comment and any discussion.
The plan is for this to be formally approved by both Associations early in 2009.
Once it is approved then our AGM in July 2009 will ratify the merge.

It just wouldn't be right if a Merlo person didn't jump into the middle of a Socials spat and have there two cents worth.:D

GO BOMBERS!!!

Ifya Adballs;223015 said:
MERGER TALKS

This is part of an email sent out to the NWCA Clubs about 10 weeks ago by their CEO.

Any thoughts ?? Will a new President go down that path ?? Have the MMVCA Clubs seen something similar ??

Hi the Clubs
After last Thursday's meeting with MMVCA I would like to give you an update on our merger discussions.
Because of the large amount of work still to be done, the merge will unfortunately not happen in time for Season 2008-2009.
The Constitution has virtually been completed and this will be sent to the clubs for any comment during the next few weeks.
It has been agreed that the Rules & By-Laws and other administrative matters will be completed by the end of November 2008.
This will be then forwarded to the clubs during December for comment and any discussion.
The plan is for this to be formally approved by both Associations early in 2009.

Yes, all our clubs were notified at a delegates meeting of this a couple of months ago, so no surprise.
Just basically means they are trying to still put it all together. The final product will then be voted on by the clubs of both comps.
Although it would be interesting if the new president of the MMVCA, decided he did not want to proceed with the merger.

RooBoy;222850 said:

Would seem a better option than battling to get together an interim leadership group for one year until the NWCA takes over.
If you can't stand alone, a new Northern Division in the VTCA, would seem better than being run by a hard wicket comp.

bomber27;223007 said:

GO BOMBERS!!!
Woodsy, you can join in too this is just a spat between Socials people.
You Essendon (Esserdon) people always join up together, but then in 5 minutes time you will all turn against each other. LOL
Isn't that right Hirdy????

MERGER TALKS

Hi the Clubs

Old School;223021 said:
You Essendon (Esserdon) people always join up together, but then in 5 minutes time you will all turn against each other. LOL

Meant to say - NOT just a spat between Socials people.

Ifya Adballs;223015 said:
MERGER TALKS

Hi the Clubs

Yes, all our clubs were notified at a delegates meeting of this a couple of months ago, so no surprise.
Just basically means they are trying to still put it all together. The final product will then be voted on by the clubs of both comps.
Although it would be interesting if the new president of the MMVCA, decided he did not want to proceed with the merger.

bomber27;223006 said:

Cheers Woodsy

Bomber, i agree even though I didnt like everything the committee did, Brett and Matt have put in many years or work, which isnt easy.

bomber27;223007 said:

GO BOMBERS!!!

Sniffin Around;223013 said:

Not sure about the NWCA "taking over" ?????????

Old School;223021 said:

Meant to say - NOT just a spat between Socials people.

Deano;222845 said:
The word is Heater may coach after chrsitmas when he returns from Echuca.

What you reckon FOS/ brisbane sluggers?

Just an idea being thrown around if current coach needs time for work

The boys got me there,but as one door closes another opens and still months away and all is not finished with yet and Heater after Christmas will keep a few batsmen on their toes !!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back