NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

Bazza;318820 said:
Sorry one other thing

If the venues are an issue now and no real rain forecast in the short term how do we play out the season? They're not going to get any better!

What was the predicted humidity that we took into account?

Did they factor in the afternoon shift to a southerly breeze, which everyone knows brings a cool change?

As usual the jika hierarchy have stuffed it up again. The forecast is for 37c with a change in the afternoon. I heard the CEO on the radio this morning & rick morris asked him whether they had taken into account the possible change and the CEO was stuck for words. Just because it was hot yesterday doesnt mean you cant play today. Karvelis, Anderson & Co should have a look at the rules because they are not being followed. DV cricket are playing today. This comp is an embarrasment. If it gets too hot they should follow what Diamond Valley do & use common sense.

Bazza;318820 said:
Sorry one other thing

If the venues are an issue now and no real rain forecast in the short term how do we play out the season? They're not going to get any better!

What was the predicted humidity that we took into account?

Did they factor in the afternoon shift to a southerly breeze, which everyone knows brings a cool change?

As usual the jika hierarchy have stuffed it up again. The forecast is for 37c with a change in the afternoon. I heard the CEO on the radio this morning & rick morris asked him whether they had taken into account the possible change and the CEO was stuck for words. Just because it was hot yesterday doesnt mean you cant play today. Karvelis, Anderson & Co should have a look at the rules because they are not being followed. DV cricket are playing today. This comp is an embarrasment. If it gets too hot they should follow what Diamond Valley do & use common sense.

The Cotch;318819 said:
We'd be one of the only leagues not playing today right?

I think you would be right, they can't exactly have a go at your players now can they.

The Cotch;318819 said:
We'd be one of the only leagues not playing today right?

I think you would be right, they can't exactly have a go at your players now can they.

bombers-11;318830 said:

Haha at least I wasn't hearing things when I head the interview. Read my post above yours.

bombers-11;318830 said:

Haha at least I wasn't hearing things when I head the interview. Read my post above yours.

Firstly, if the grounds are a consideration then call the season off now. They are not going to get any better. All the teams that are on top in their respective grades can be annouced premiers.

Secondly, there is a rule in place for this. Play until it reaches 38 degrees, then suspend play for an hour or until the temperature drops below 38 again.
My God, even DVCA are playing, and we all know how soft they are.

I'm pretty sure most people who play cricket understand that there are going to be days that the temperature will be 35 degrees or higher.

Looking at the forecast for the next week, it's still going to be mid 30's. So working on the current theory, we won't be playing next week as we have had 3 days this week above 40 and the next 6 days are listed to be mid 30's.

I just don't understand the soft option.

Firstly, if the grounds are a consideration then call the season off now. They are not going to get any better. All the teams that are on top in their respective grades can be annouced premiers.

Secondly, there is a rule in place for this. Play until it reaches 38 degrees, then suspend play for an hour or until the temperature drops below 38 again.
My God, even DVCA are playing, and we all know how soft they are.

I'm pretty sure most people who play cricket understand that there are going to be days that the temperature will be 35 degrees or higher.

Looking at the forecast for the next week, it's still going to be mid 30's. So working on the current theory, we won't be playing next week as we have had 3 days this week above 40 and the next 6 days are listed to be mid 30's.

I just don't understand the soft option.

I just woke up and read all this, what a complete and utter farce. Its 37 degrees, nothing too out of the ordinary.

I just woke up and read all this, what a complete and utter farce. Its 37 degrees, nothing too out of the ordinary.

The current temperature is still only 29 and at this time yesterday it was 40. Let's see if it gets to 38........

The current temperature is still only 29 and at this time yesterday it was 40. Let's see if it gets to 38........

The Cotch;318833 said:

It seems you and bomber heard the same thing, as I said earlier would like for them to explain what the relative humidity was going to be and explain how we can now play on gorunds that are considered unfit today, what does the heat have to do with the venues. If it's shade then we can have high to extreme UV days in the low 30's, they have stuffed up everything even the wording of the reason for being called off.

The Cotch;318833 said:

It seems you and bomber heard the same thing, as I said earlier would like for them to explain what the relative humidity was going to be and explain how we can now play on gorunds that are considered unfit today, what does the heat have to do with the venues. If it's shade then we can have high to extreme UV days in the low 30's, they have stuffed up everything even the wording of the reason for being called off.

The Cotch;318838 said:

Thanks guy's I have now gone from, anger to embarrasment to laughter. I play for a competition that is a laughing stock amongst it own people. One last time SOFT

The Cotch;318838 said:

Thanks guy's I have now gone from, anger to embarrasment to laughter. I play for a competition that is a laughing stock amongst it own people. One last time SOFT

Humidity should not really be an excuse. The current relative humidity is 50%. I'm sure we've all played in much tougher conditions than that.

Humidity should not really be an excuse. The current relative humidity is 50%. I'm sure we've all played in much tougher conditions than that.

Well, once again, through no fault of anyone except the administration, we are probably the subject of ridicule from all other associations.

Well, once again, through no fault of anyone except the administration, we are probably the subject of ridicule from all other associations.

Bazza;318840 said:

You're right, this is actually becoming laughable.

Bazza;318840 said:

You're right, this is actually becoming laughable.

Bazza;318839 said:

Totally agree bazza, they may as well call the season off as the grounds are all unfit. I bet jika feel short changed paying bill his salary as he has shown on many occasions he is not fit for the job. Lever & Dighton did a much better job and had a better understanding of local cricket, the trouble with Bill is that he seems to think that he makes the rules.

Bazza;318839 said:

Totally agree bazza, they may as well call the season off as the grounds are all unfit. I bet jika feel short changed paying bill his salary as he has shown on many occasions he is not fit for the job. Lever & Dighton did a much better job and had a better understanding of local cricket, the trouble with Bill is that he seems to think that he makes the rules.

im sure its gonna cost someone a finals spot or relegation, as soon as the forecasted temperature dropped from 40 to 37 we should have been playing no ifs or buts

im sure its gonna cost someone a finals spot or relegation, as soon as the forecasted temperature dropped from 40 to 37 we should have been playing no ifs or buts

FoUr MoRe;318851 said:

In Quick it has pretty much cost Fairfield a spot and both Donath and YCW would have liked their chances of overhauling Cobras.

In Jika it has also effected all positions from 5 to 1 on the ladder.

Having said that your destiny is still in your own hands and has been all year.

FoUr MoRe;318851 said:

In Quick it has pretty much cost Fairfield a spot and both Donath and YCW would have liked their chances of overhauling Cobras.

In Jika it has also effected all positions from 5 to 1 on the ladder.

Having said that your destiny is still in your own hands and has been all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back