NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

The nmca should call off tmrws matches the fact that tmrw is gonna be 36 or 37 on the back of 3 previous days of 43 + should be good enough reason . the arguments that i have heard from several people on the board is that cricket is a summer sport so the heat shouldnt matter is a very irresponsable thing to say. Im sure that everyone is stuffed after the last few days and to go out and play on a 37 degree day is just asking for people to become ill. Umpires have collapsed in the past due to heat and im sure its on the cards again .I just ask what is the competitions greatest assets . You would think it would be its members players umpires and the health and welfare of them should be paramount. This is an once in a hundred year thing so hopefully common sense is used ( i doubt it ) . regards Leonard.........

P.S Im on tour in melbourne early feb at melbourne park tickets going quick dont forget to buy them thank youuuuuuu leonard

The nmca should call off tmrws matches the fact that tmrw is gonna be 36 or 37 on the back of 3 previous days of 43 + should be good enough reason . the arguments that i have heard from several people on the board is that cricket is a summer sport so the heat shouldnt matter is a very irresponsable thing to say. Im sure that everyone is stuffed after the last few days and to go out and play on a 37 degree day is just asking for people to become ill. Umpires have collapsed in the past due to heat and im sure its on the cards again .I just ask what is the competitions greatest assets . You would think it would be its members players umpires and the health and welfare of them should be paramount. This is an once in a hundred year thing so hopefully common sense is used ( i doubt it ) . regards Leonard.........

P.S Im on tour in melbourne early feb at melbourne park tickets going quick dont forget to buy them thank youuuuuuu leonard

leonard cohen;318387 said:

When has anyone in jika ever used commonsense. There was an opportunity earlier in the year, in wet conditions to apply commonsense and it wasnt taken so why should this round be any different. The board are joke and unfairly put pressure on the umpires to make the hard decisions. The CEO should be the one to make the tough call not the umpires imho.

leonard cohen;318387 said:

When has anyone in jika ever used commonsense. There was an opportunity earlier in the year, in wet conditions to apply commonsense and it wasnt taken so why should this round be any different. The board are joke and unfairly put pressure on the umpires to make the hard decisions. The CEO should be the one to make the tough call not the umpires imho.

The Cotch;318495 said:
So does anyone reckon we'll get a game tomorrow or not?

It's 50-50 at the moment.

NMCA meets if the forecast at 38 degrees or higher... In Watsonia its forecasted for a max of 39...

Guess by 9am tomorrow we will know for sure...

Honestly, I think we should play. Cricket is a summer sport, tomorrow is summer temperature. Even if in this case its a bit hotter than the normal.

Just allow for extra drinks breaks and get on with the game.

The Cotch;318495 said:
So does anyone reckon we'll get a game tomorrow or not?

It's 50-50 at the moment.

NMCA meets if the forecast at 38 degrees or higher... In Watsonia its forecasted for a max of 39...

Guess by 9am tomorrow we will know for sure...

Honestly, I think we should play. Cricket is a summer sport, tomorrow is summer temperature. Even if in this case its a bit hotter than the normal.

Just allow for extra drinks breaks and get on with the game.

:confused: Haven't seen that forecast... But i did see somewhere else that it would only be 36...

Gah, forecasts can never be trusted anyway...

:confused: Haven't seen that forecast... But i did see somewhere else that it would only be 36...

Gah, forecasts can never be trusted anyway...

The Cotch;318795 said:
All play is called off. What an absolute joke. Watch the change come through at 3 o'clock. :rolleyes:

So let’s get this straight. Your club doesn’t want to play in the wet but wants to play in the heat. You guys complain when they don’t call it off earlier this season but because you are still a chance of winning your not happy.
Really, are you not happy because this was your last chance to take top spot or is it more because your club didn’t get to dictate the decision to the rest of the comp like in years gone by?

The Cotch;318795 said:
All play is called off. What an absolute joke. Watch the change come through at 3 o'clock. :rolleyes:

So let’s get this straight. Your club doesn’t want to play in the wet but wants to play in the heat. You guys complain when they don’t call it off earlier this season but because you are still a chance of winning your not happy.
Really, are you not happy because this was your last chance to take top spot or is it more because your club didn’t get to dictate the decision to the rest of the comp like in years gone by?

Wispers;318797 said:
Come again? :confused:

This was only my personal opinion.

Wispers;318797 said:

The Cotch;318795 said:
They dont call off the Shield cricket when its hot our comp must be soft cricket is a summer sport they dont call off the footy when its cold

The Cotch;318795 said:
They dont call off the Shield cricket when its hot our comp must be soft cricket is a summer sport they dont call off the footy when its cold

The Cotch;318799 said:

A personal opinion which if shared by the hierarchy of your club would have no doubt been shoved down Bill and the committees throat.

The Cotch;318799 said:

A personal opinion which if shared by the hierarchy of your club would have no doubt been shoved down Bill and the committees throat.

Wizard;318804 said:
They dont call off the Shield cricket when its hot our comp must be soft

With the exception of some, players in our comp don’t get paid like they do in Shield cricket. Is it really worth it? Don’t just think of your own situation, a lot of lower grades have some old blokes playing at grounds with no club rooms. Surely it’s not worth it.

Wizard;318804 said:
They dont call off the Shield cricket when its hot our comp must be soft

With the exception of some, players in our comp don’t get paid like they do in Shield cricket. Is it really worth it? Don’t just think of your own situation, a lot of lower grades have some old blokes playing at grounds with no club rooms. Surely it’s not worth it.

Wispers;318809 said:

Firstly I would like to say that this is only my opinion and a DUMMY SPIT at that. If we are worried about the health of older players then we should adopt the amateur football rule and insist on medical check ups before players of the older age are cleared to play - to protect ourselves from liability

From what I can gather we have been called off because it was hot yesterday, are they kidding themselves. If this was a final and for some clubs it is an equivalent considering relegation and ladder position, would it have been called off on a forecast of 37? The competition has made a rod for it's back that no doubt it will back flip on at some stage.

When players can suffer heat exhaustion from temperatures in the low 30's why don't we instigate the EXTREME heat policy at 30 - Just to be safe!

This was a SOFT decision by all involved and the reason half the people on here think up wonderful conspiracy theories of club protection.

I accept that they can't make everyone happy, however they have a rule which I personally think is soft, that states they will meet when the forecast temperature is 38 or above, forecast is 37. They also have the safety to watch the forecast and suspend play for an hour, why wasn't this option taken.

Wispers;318809 said:

Firstly I would like to say that this is only my opinion and a DUMMY SPIT at that. If we are worried about the health of older players then we should adopt the amateur football rule and insist on medical check ups before players of the older age are cleared to play - to protect ourselves from liability

From what I can gather we have been called off because it was hot yesterday, are they kidding themselves. If this was a final and for some clubs it is an equivalent considering relegation and ladder position, would it have been called off on a forecast of 37? The competition has made a rod for it's back that no doubt it will back flip on at some stage.

When players can suffer heat exhaustion from temperatures in the low 30's why don't we instigate the EXTREME heat policy at 30 - Just to be safe!

This was a SOFT decision by all involved and the reason half the people on here think up wonderful conspiracy theories of club protection.

I accept that they can't make everyone happy, however they have a rule which I personally think is soft, that states they will meet when the forecast temperature is 38 or above, forecast is 37. They also have the safety to watch the forecast and suspend play for an hour, why wasn't this option taken.

Sorry one other thing

If the venues are an issue now and no real rain forecast in the short term how do we play out the season? They're not going to get any better!

What was the predicted humidity that we took into account?

Did they factor in the afternoon shift to a southerly breeze, which everyone knows brings a cool change?

Sorry one other thing

If the venues are an issue now and no real rain forecast in the short term how do we play out the season? They're not going to get any better!

Did they factor in the afternoon shift to a southerly breeze, which everyone knows brings a cool change?

Bazza;318820 said:
Sorry one other thing

ur body would be dying for a rest wouldnt it baz?

Bazza;318820 said:
Sorry one other thing

Bazza;318817 said:

because there a bunch of soft people, who ultimatley may cost certain teams of playing finals all because of a bit of heat....grow some balls!!!

Bazza;318817 said:

because there a bunch of soft people, who ultimatley may cost certain teams of playing finals all because of a bit of heat....grow some balls!!!

FoUr MoRe;318822 said:

I get one today, might go for a stroll around my local comp and watch them PLAY CRICKET, you know the summer sport that gets called off when it's cooler than womens tennis!

FoUr MoRe;318822 said:

I get one today, might go for a stroll around my local comp and watch them PLAY CRICKET, you know the summer sport that gets called off when it's cooler than womens tennis!

glad q;318823 said:

If you read the posts here it seems they made the right decsion, NOT.

glad q;318823 said:

If you read the posts here it seems they made the right decsion, NOT.

Bazza;318820 said:
Sorry one other thing

I heard the interview on the radio. When they asked him whether or not they took into account the cool change, there was a silent pause for seconds, a bit of an 'um' and 'argh' and then said 'well yes we took into all aspects'.

Came across to me as if he didn't even know about the change !

Bazza;318820 said:
Sorry one other thing

I heard the interview on the radio. When they asked him whether or not they took into account the cool change, there was a silent pause for seconds, a bit of an 'um' and 'argh' and then said 'well yes we took into all aspects'.

Came across to me as if he didn't even know about the change !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back