NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

i have said it once before and will say it again rivergum to win the flag in jack quick just a minor mishap on the weekend will be far too good for cobras who were lucky to get out of jail against ycw

i have said it once before and will say it again rivergum to win the flag in jack quick just a minor mishap on the weekend will be far too good for cobras who were lucky to get out of jail against ycw

Just a opinion I think Cobras just go definate underdogs, agree with your comments about the pitch !
I wonder which club would be more ready to go into Jika sheild !

Just a opinion I think Cobras just go definate underdogs, agree with your comments about the pitch !

bigman2007;335996 said:

well more ready to go to jika shield..
Not Lalor!! they struggle to field 2 sides and have too many fringe players
Rivergum- pretty balanced side. got a good bowling attack that can compete in the top grades with Bramich bayly ridding bannister a quality seam attack, batting is good to go aswell.

Cobras-good up the top of the order, but fade away a little. some good wise heads in parks and morris which would help significantly but does morris steps down if they make A Grade?? Bowling not up 2 it. parks only decent bowler and little spinner bowls ok. dunmore would not get cheap wickets neither would mickleson

bigman2007;335996 said:

Rivergum- pretty balanced side. got a good bowling attack that can compete in the top grades with Bramich bayly ridding bannister a quality seam attack, batting is good to go aswell.

Cobras-good up the top of the order, but fade away a little. some good wise heads in parks and morris which would help significantly but does morris steps down if they make A Grade?? Bowling not up 2 it. parks only decent bowler and little spinner bowls ok. dunmore would not get cheap wickets neither would mickleson

Informant;336005 said:

Cobras-good up the top of the order, but fade away a little.[/B] some good wise heads in parks and morris which would help significantly but does morris steps down if they make A Grade?? Bowling not up 2 it. parks only decent bowler and little spinner bowls ok. dunmore would not get cheap wickets neither would mickleson

the cobras would have arguably the most strongest batting line ups out of all, bat right down to 11 with anyone of the players from 8-11 capable of pushing further up the order. i agree the rivergum does have a very very strong bowling attack that could definatley match it with the best in the comp especiall banno who is a very good bowler. i think dunmore has shown that he is a more than capable bowler as he has taken 20+ wickets which is a tremendous effort for a bloke in his first real year in the ones, also has taken crucial wickets at crucial times often taking the wicket of the oppositions best bat. saturday is going to be one of the best games of the year without a doubt and have teams should be confident after the years they have had. cant wait!!!!

Informant;336005 said:

Cobras-good up the top of the order, but fade away a little.[/B] some good wise heads in parks and morris which would help significantly but does morris steps down if they make A Grade?? Bowling not up 2 it. parks only decent bowler and little spinner bowls ok. dunmore would not get cheap wickets neither would mickleson

the cobras would have arguably the most strongest batting line ups out of all, bat right down to 11 with anyone of the players from 8-11 capable of pushing further up the order. i agree the rivergum does have a very very strong bowling attack that could definatley match it with the best in the comp especiall banno who is a very good bowler. i think dunmore has shown that he is a more than capable bowler as he has taken 20+ wickets which is a tremendous effort for a bloke in his first real year in the ones, also has taken crucial wickets at crucial times often taking the wicket of the oppositions best bat. saturday is going to be one of the best games of the year without a doubt and have teams should be confident after the years they have had. cant wait!!!!

Informant;336005 said:

If they were all GOOD they would be the winners of the last 5 flags in A grade. Name one line up that is GOOD all the way to the bottom even the australian team fades away, what i mean by that is that the number 3 batsman could be replaced by the number 11 batsmen on a regular basis because there both good.

Informant;336005 said:

If they were all GOOD they would be the winners of the last 5 flags in A grade. Name one line up that is GOOD all the way to the bottom even the australian team fades away, what i mean by that is that the number 3 batsman could be replaced by the number 11 batsmen on a regular basis because there both good.

Billy;335391 said:
PARKERS V TIPANS
Grand final rematch of last year shall be a top game my tip is Camrea by a bees D1ck.
Bubis and Berak to fire up
and White and Wik to be KP's Best players

camrea will struggle as they are not in it TOGETHER to win.
to many individuals down at main street

Billy;335391 said:
PARKERS V TIPANS
Grand final rematch of last year shall be a top game my tip is Camrea by a bees D1ck.
Bubis and Berak to fire up
and White and Wik to be KP's Best players

glad q;336015 said:

I have seen players dominate Jack Quick before, you think given their chance they will perform in the top grade. It takes time to adjust, nobody has been able to have a good season first year up. Despite what you guys think there is a reason we are B grade players…. The best are a hell of a lot better.
I know, my club is in Kelly next season but I’ve been around long enough to know. If you win the flag in Jack you are going to be the whipping boys for the top clubs for a few years. Most gun players in Jack would be fill ins with the big clubs.

glad q;336015 said:

I have seen players dominate Jack Quick before, you think given their chance they will perform in the top grade. It takes time to adjust, nobody has been able to have a good season first year up. Despite what you guys think there is a reason we are B grade players…. The best are a hell of a lot better.
I know, my club is in Kelly next season but I’ve been around long enough to know. If you win the flag in Jack you are going to be the whipping boys for the top clubs for a few years. Most gun players in Jack would be fill ins with the big clubs.

gossip90;336101 said:

"the show" will fire up against the team that bag him on the radio, and bubis to get runs like usual, and mcgann to rip thru there batting lineup

gossip90;336101 said:

"the show" will fire up against the team that bag him on the radio, and bubis to get runs like usual, and mcgann to rip thru there batting lineup

Wispers;336312 said:

Would slightly tend to disagree, Matt O'Brien from Holy Trinity would easily walk into any A- Grade side, plus a couple more from Holy Trinity have quite easily held there own in the top grade. Adrian McFedries from Druids is another one who has easily fitted into the top grade. Could easily name more, but honestly, apart from Camera and Rosebank-North Brunswick, there is not a lot between A and B grade, as shown by Cameron this year

Wispers;336312 said:

Would slightly tend to disagree, Matt O'Brien from Holy Trinity would easily walk into any A- Grade side, plus a couple more from Holy Trinity have quite easily held there own in the top grade. Adrian McFedries from Druids is another one who has easily fitted into the top grade. Could easily name more, but honestly, apart from Camera and Rosebank-North Brunswick, there is not a lot between A and B grade, as shown by Cameron this year

sidney;336607 said:

lets be honest jika/burland top 4 has hardly changed in years, it is simply ranked as follows
1st = rosbank and camrea
3rd =keon park
4th =preston baseballers

the rest is made up of the bottom 4 from jka/burland and probably the top 6 in quick.

it hasnt changed in years...it will oneday

sidney;336607 said:

lets be honest jika/burland top 4 has hardly changed in years, it is simply ranked as follows
1st = rosbank and camrea
3rd =keon park
4th =preston baseballers

the rest is made up of the bottom 4 from jka/burland and probably the top 6 in quick.

it hasnt changed in years...it will oneday

sidney;336607 said:

Never played against him but hear he is good. One question, any runs against the top teams??? McFedries is a good player in a crap team. He bowls a lot more when the wickets are for the taken. Any runs or bags of wickets against the top teams???

I would suggest nothernmetroboy is right, if you’re not in the usual top four then you are just making up the numbers. Really how many other teams have challenged in the past 8 seasons??? But I can’t see it evening out, Camera and Rosebank will keep on spending to keep on winning.

sidney;336607 said:

Never played against him but hear he is good. One question, any runs against the top teams??? McFedries is a good player in a crap team. He bowls a lot more when the wickets are for the taken. Any runs or bags of wickets against the top teams???

I would suggest nothernmetroboy is right, if you’re not in the usual top four then you are just making up the numbers. Really how many other teams have challenged in the past 8 seasons??? But I can’t see it evening out, Camera and Rosebank will keep on spending to keep on winning.

Wispers;336650 said:

rosebank will either leave the comp or drop off when the tenuta's stop playing, camrea have an ageing list, i'm not sure their kids are at the same stage as keon park. baseballers have a heap of good kids coming through as do northcote united....maybe a rivergum could challenge in the next 5 yrs?

but as has been proven, money has bought a large % of the last 15 flags

Wispers;336650 said:

rosebank will either leave the comp or drop off when the tenuta's stop playing, camrea have an ageing list, i'm not sure their kids are at the same stage as keon park. baseballers have a heap of good kids coming through as do northcote united....maybe a rivergum could challenge in the next 5 yrs?

but as has been proven, money has bought a large % of the last 15 flags

Wispers;336312 said:
If you win the flag in Jack you are going to be the whipping boys for the top clubs for a few years.

That's not true. In my club's first season in Jika shield after winning the flag we rolled Camrea and most other sides (except Rosebank & Socials - beat the latter the next season) - hardly whipping boys. We did cop a few severe losses, but won a enough too.

A strong team with no passengers will do OK straight up, if you rely on a few guns you'll battle severely because they fire less in A grade.

Sometimes the new sides in A grade get burnt by umpires... certain luminaries in A grade can't be given LBW, but when they have the ball everything is plumb... reputation goes a long way with the umps.

Wispers;336312 said:
If you win the flag in Jack you are going to be the whipping boys for the top clubs for a few years.

That's not true. In my club's first season in Jika shield after winning the flag we rolled Camrea and most other sides (except Rosebank & Socials - beat the latter the next season) - hardly whipping boys. We did cop a few severe losses, but won a enough too.

A strong team with no passengers will do OK straight up, if you rely on a few guns you'll battle severely because they fire less in A grade.

Sometimes the new sides in A grade get burnt by umpires... certain luminaries in A grade can't be given LBW, but when they have the ball everything is plumb... reputation goes a long way with the umps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back