NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

northmetroboy;338647 said:
I'd like to congratulate Rosebank/North Brunswick and Camrea/Thomastown on reaching the Grand Final, money well spent.

Mergers from both clubs have been so well organised that it is not even obvious that you sold your souls just to keep a 'nice' ground.

Your mergers also mean that all your recruits have spread themselves over 2 clubs and not one, great contributions to local cricket.

Your ever strong lists of juniors who have come through the club over the past 9 or 10 seasons to participate in these premierships are are something to be proud of.

Despite the fact you get crap from all corners and have no respect out there from anyone, and in these tough economic times you kept on paying.

You have also managed to be right up there on the whingers list, this would have nothing to do with the fact that your era's of controlling the board is somewhat finished.

Come sunday night one of you will have a very well paid for Jika Shield, just to put next to the other ones you have paid for. You can take a look back at previous shields and compare pay packets, that will be fun.

I will also get in early and congratulate the losing side on bagging the umpires, so well done again

I will also commend you early for bagging the association, again thanks

Hi all.

If the above opening paragraph is correct, i'd like you all to join me in congratulating Rosebank on their tremendous forsight so many years ago!!!

The facts as i know them are:

1. North Brunswick Cricket Club ceased to exist at the completion of the 1997/98 season. (Oh, the good ol' days of playing on matting and two piece platypus balls with the David Boon special in hand!!!) But on behalf of the North Brunswick players still alive from those days, i'd like to thank Rosebank for their souls. Money well spent!!

2. There are currently two players at Rosebank who played at North Brunswick in those days (they refused to sell their souls). They are playing in the seconds at Rosebank at the moment although, in my humble opinion, one of them should be playing in the big one this week.

3. North Brunswick does not, nor does it look likely to, have a cricket team although we have over 150 kids in the local area which participate in our junior and Auskick program. Our aim as a Football Club, was to offer something to keep the kids around our club.

4. Enter Rosebank!!!

5. Rosebank saw an opportunity to develop their juniors and now run juniors out of two locations (Cotchin & Allard Park), hence, looking after their future.

6. Maybe the legacy of having two North Brunswick players in the two's means that so much pressure is being put on the one's to perform that it is making them so successful!!

Seriously, if people on this site worried about getting their own clubs running in a professional manner, it would mean that teams like Rosebank and Camrea would not be the standouts, but rather, they'd be just like any other club in the competition and then you wouldn't have a large discrepancy between teams.

From a football point of view, the merge doesn't look like getting North Brunswick any new players from Rosebank but it may contribute to our supporter base. Saying that, if anyone is looking for a kick, we're playing out of Fleming Park this year and training is on Tuesday and Thursday nights starting at 6!

As far as mergers go, i don't think you should knock them. If more people showed enough forsight, you wouldn't have Clubs disappearing off the face of the Earth. I for one know that i'd rather belong to a Club that exists as part of a merger (and i was a Life Member at North Brunswick) rather than be a Life Member of a club that doesn't exist anymore!!!

As for me, i umpired my last game in the NMCA last week and am going off to give VCA a go next year. So to all involved (well actually, not all of you) good luck with this weekends games and getting your Club up and running and in to finals in the coming years.

I'd like to congratulate Rosebank/North Brunswick and Camrea/Thomastown on reaching the Grand Final, money well spent.

Mergers from both clubs have been so well organised that it is not even obvious that you sold your souls just to keep a 'nice' ground.

Your mergers also mean that all your recruits have spread themselves over 2 clubs and not one, great contributions to local cricket.

Your ever strong lists of juniors who have come through the club over the past 9 or 10 seasons to participate in these premierships are are something to be proud of.

Despite the fact you get crap from all corners and have no respect out there from anyone, and in these tough economic times you kept on paying.

You have also managed to be right up there on the whingers list, this would have nothing to do with the fact that your era's of controlling the board is somewhat finished.

Come sunday night one of you will have a very well paid for Jika Shield, just to put next to the other ones you have paid for. You can take a look back at previous shields and compare pay packets, that will be fun.

I will also get in early and congratulate the losing side on bagging the umpires, so well done again

I will also commend you early for bagging the association, again thanks

Hi all.

If the above opening paragraph is correct, i'd like you all to join me in congratulating Rosebank on their tremendous forsight so many years ago!!!

1. North Brunswick Cricket Club ceased to exist at the completion of the 1997/98 season. (Oh, the good ol' days of playing on matting and two piece platypus balls with the David Boon special in hand!!!) But on behalf of the North Brunswick players still alive from those days, i'd like to thank Rosebank for their souls. Money well spent!!

2. There are currently two players at Rosebank who played at North Brunswick in those days (they refused to sell their souls). They are playing in the seconds at Rosebank at the moment although, in my humble opinion, one of them should be playing in the big one this week.

3. North Brunswick does not, nor does it look likely to, have a cricket team although we have over 150 kids in the local area which participate in our junior and Auskick program. Our aim as a Football Club, was to offer something to keep the kids around our club.

4. Enter Rosebank!!!

5. Rosebank saw an opportunity to develop their juniors and now run juniors out of two locations (Cotchin & Allard Park), hence, looking after their future.

6. Maybe the legacy of having two North Brunswick players in the two's means that so much pressure is being put on the one's to perform that it is making them so successful!!

Seriously, if people on this site worried about getting their own clubs running in a professional manner, it would mean that teams like Rosebank and Camrea would not be the standouts, but rather, they'd be just like any other club in the competition and then you wouldn't have a large discrepancy between teams.

From a football point of view, the merge doesn't look like getting North Brunswick any new players from Rosebank but it may contribute to our supporter base. Saying that, if anyone is looking for a kick, we're playing out of Fleming Park this year and training is on Tuesday and Thursday nights starting at 6!

As far as mergers go, i don't think you should knock them. If more people showed enough forsight, you wouldn't have Clubs disappearing off the face of the Earth. I for one know that i'd rather belong to a Club that exists as part of a merger (and i was a Life Member at North Brunswick) rather than be a Life Member of a club that doesn't exist anymore!!!

As for me, i umpired my last game in the NMCA last week and am going off to give VCA a go next year. So to all involved (well actually, not all of you) good luck with this weekends games and getting your Club up and running and in to finals in the coming years.

northmetroboy;338673 said:
whilst he may have been incorrect, the point is still valid[/QUOte

Northmetroboy you are spot on with what you say and correct on all fronts but snake is right it wasn't the prez at the time who wrote the comments it was there ex-prez but lets wait and see what happens if CT get knocked over cheaply who they blame because it will be everyone else except them selves

Northmetroboy you are spot on with what you say and correct on all fronts but snake is right it wasn't the prez at the time who wrote the comments it was there ex-prez but lets wait and see what happens if CT get knocked over cheaply who they blame because it will be everyone else except them selves

Jika Magic;338691 said:

Interesting quote this one!!

Atleast i can rest assured it won't be me their bagging like they did after losing the Semi Final a couple of weeks ago!!

There is a distinct lack of mirrors at the joint, that's for sure!!!

Jika Magic;338691 said:

Atleast i can rest assured it won't be me their bagging like they did after losing the Semi Final a couple of weeks ago!!

No. 1 or 2 or 3!!;338694 said:
Jika Magic;338691 said:

you didnt get a grand final to umpire???

Jika Magic;338691 said:

Jika Magic;338691 said:

Talk about a lack of mirrors. And the reason you missed out on the Grand Final was someone elses fault.

Jika Magic;338691 said:

Talk about a lack of mirrors. And the reason you missed out on the Grand Final was someone elses fault.

You're all hypocrites!

Get over all the BS and worry about playing this week. Everyone who lost last week, bad luck; move on... At the end of the day one side was good enough to make it to the Grand Finals from last weeks prelims and the others weren't... Stop making excuses!

All the best :)

You're all hypocrites!

Get over all the BS and worry about playing this week. Everyone who lost last week, bad luck; move on... At the end of the day one side was good enough to make it to the Grand Finals from last weeks prelims and the others weren't... Stop making excuses!

All the best :)

Informant;338707 said:

Yes i did but i'm unavailable now that they've decided that the reserve day will be used to make up any overs lost on the first weekend unlike previous years where the reserve day only came in to calculation if a days play was abandoned due to weather, so i therefore couldn't commit. (Another monumental F up from the top)

So to all of you out there, i hope you get through the first weekend without interruption because i'd hate for you to have to come back the following weekend to bowl the balance of the overs to get you through to 160 overs for the game!!

Basically, there is no benefit to being the first team to the GF as 160 overs MUST be bowled.

Informant;338707 said:

Yes i did but i'm unavailable now that they've decided that the reserve day will be used to make up any overs lost on the first weekend unlike previous years where the reserve day only came in to calculation if a days play was abandoned due to weather, so i therefore couldn't commit. (Another monumental F up from the top)

So to all of you out there, i hope you get through the first weekend without interruption because i'd hate for you to have to come back the following weekend to bowl the balance of the overs to get you through to 160 overs for the game!!

Basically, there is no benefit to being the first team to the GF as 160 overs MUST be bowled.

No. 1 or 2 or 3!!;338732 said:

A weeks rest is of no benefit? I would prefer we went back to the old 1 v 4 and 2 v 3 but one of the powerful clubs got that changed a little while back. Anyway good luck to all the teams participating on the weekend and hopefully the weather is kind to you.
For players and people associated with clubs looking for some sort of benefit from the weather you probably have not got your heads in the right frame of mind going into a grand final.

No. 1 or 2 or 3!!;338732 said:

A weeks rest is of no benefit? I would prefer we went back to the old 1 v 4 and 2 v 3 but one of the powerful clubs got that changed a little while back. Anyway good luck to all the teams participating on the weekend and hopefully the weather is kind to you.
For players and people associated with clubs looking for some sort of benefit from the weather you probably have not got your heads in the right frame of mind going into a grand final.

Snake;338712 said:

Yes, you're right. It was no one elses fault but my own for umpiring within the rules.

I can sleep at night knowing i never cheated and was always tolerant of players and what they were playng for hence why i only ever reported one player in the last 3 years. And believe me, i could have reported more!!

NMCA is a good comp but it needs to be left to the relevant authorities to make correct decisions and appointments. At the moment, too many captains, Club official, and in some cases 'long time personalities' have too much of a say.

But it will all change next year with so many people on here offering their services to run the comp.

Good luck Snake.

Snake;338712 said:

Yes, you're right. It was no one elses fault but my own for umpiring within the rules.

I can sleep at night knowing i never cheated and was always tolerant of players and what they were playng for hence why i only ever reported one player in the last 3 years. And believe me, i could have reported more!!

NMCA is a good comp but it needs to be left to the relevant authorities to make correct decisions and appointments. At the moment, too many captains, Club official, and in some cases 'long time personalities' have too much of a say.

But it will all change next year with so many people on here offering their services to run the comp.

Good luck Snake.

Snake;338738 said:

Good on you Snake.

I totally agree about the finals format being reverted back to 1 v 4 and 2 v 3 with the winners playing off.

I'd even change the lay out of the season so the semi finals are played on the first weekend of March and the GF on the long weekend. Give the winners a chance to party hard without having to lose a day of work.

The drawback to this suggestion is that clubs would be required to possibly play an extra one or two Sunday games early in the season. But this could also allow for all one day games to be finished before XMAS.

As for the comp game, i'd seriously consider canning it if the best players are going to make themselves unavailable.

As for the weeks rest!! I can understand it in contact sports but i think a game like cricket relies a fair bit on momentum and a weeks break could be detrimental.

Snake;338738 said:

Good on you Snake.

I totally agree about the finals format being reverted back to 1 v 4 and 2 v 3 with the winners playing off.

I'd even change the lay out of the season so the semi finals are played on the first weekend of March and the GF on the long weekend. Give the winners a chance to party hard without having to lose a day of work.

The drawback to this suggestion is that clubs would be required to possibly play an extra one or two Sunday games early in the season. But this could also allow for all one day games to be finished before XMAS.

As for the comp game, i'd seriously consider canning it if the best players are going to make themselves unavailable.

As for the weeks rest!! I can understand it in contact sports but i think a game like cricket relies a fair bit on momentum and a weeks break could be detrimental.

No. 1 or 2 or 3!!;338690 said:
Hi all.

4. Enter Rosebank!!!

basically thats just an admission, that they used north brunswick to secure the ground. foresight?? foresight with their own and only their own, interests in mind....

Rosebank and Camrea are the standouts cos they pay the most money, pure and simple...prove that wrong.....

where are the juniors that they've brought through this dominant period????

there are better clubs out there, i assure you....just cos they aren't hellbent on buying A grade premierships does not make them any worse.

If there were a ladder for management of club and or class, neither would figure in the top10.

too busy trying beat each other to notice that other clubs dont really care about their bought success.

No. 1 or 2 or 3!!;338690 said:
Hi all.

4. Enter Rosebank!!!

basically thats just an admission, that they used north brunswick to secure the ground. foresight?? foresight with their own and only their own, interests in mind....

Rosebank and Camrea are the standouts cos they pay the most money, pure and simple...prove that wrong.....

there are better clubs out there, i assure you....just cos they aren't hellbent on buying A grade premierships does not make them any worse.

If there were a ladder for management of club and or class, neither would figure in the top10.

too busy trying beat each other to notice that other clubs dont really care about their bought success.

northmetroboy;338757 said:

How would you know how much money Rosebank pay you clown??
I bet your crap club pays more then what we do.

Cotchin Boys;338776 said:

i got no idea how much they pay, but it's obvious the clubs who pay the most are playing tomorrow.....

prove me wrong? who pays more than camrea or rosebank??

i'll tell you....no one does

deny it all you like, like you always do, then go and stare at your little paid for shields and smile......all the while wondering...why dont people like us

Cotchin Boys;338776 said:

i got no idea how much they pay, but it's obvious the clubs who pay the most are playing tomorrow.....

deny it all you like, like you always do, then go and stare at your little paid for shields and smile......all the while wondering...why dont people like us

i'd like to congratulate rosebank/north brunswick and camrea/thomastown on reaching the grand final, money well spent.

Come sunday night one of you will have a very well paid for jika shield, just to put next to the other ones you have paid for. You can take a look back at previous shields and compare pay packets, that will be fun.

i will also commend you early for bagging the association, again thanks

what do sour grapes taste like ?
How did youre junior programe go this year
oops i forgot that should have read youre junior / import programe
if the other clubs got thier acts together instead of always sooking about how much camrea / rosebank are allegedly spending maybe you and the other sooks on here may actually have some success and a competition that is not a 2 horse race nearly every year .
By the way wonder boy when bill blows his nose do you use youre left hand or youre right to reach for the tissues ?

i'd like to congratulate rosebank/north brunswick and camrea/thomastown on reaching the grand final, money well spent.

Come sunday night one of you will have a very well paid for jika shield, just to put next to the other ones you have paid for. You can take a look back at previous shields and compare pay packets, that will be fun.

i will also commend you early for bagging the association, again thanks

what do sour grapes taste like ?
How did youre junior programe go this year
oops i forgot that should have read youre junior / import programe
if the other clubs got thier acts together instead of always sooking about how much camrea / rosebank are allegedly spending maybe you and the other sooks on here may actually have some success and a competition that is not a 2 horse race nearly every year .
By the way wonder boy when bill blows his nose do you use youre left hand or youre right to reach for the tissues ?

Sorry to point this out to you Northmetoboy but if you look at your post, you will find the answer to your own thoughts and questions.

Rosebank & Camrea are successful due to money AND good management. They go hand in hand. This is not to say that they have bought their success, but i'll agree that it goes a fair way to helping win the big one.

Camrea are fostering new blood through their team (as i witnessed first hand this season) and Rosebank have also found an opportunity to look to the future which may relieve the requirement of $$$$$$ by investing in youth.

I'll also agree that there other good clubs out there but they don't compete with the two powerhouses just yet. And that is the answer to your last point on why these two clubs are hell bent on beating each other!! They have nothing else to achieve!!!

Success is success and it really doesn't matter how you become successful. The less successful will always be left behind unless they do something about it.

Sorry to point this out to you Northmetoboy but if you look at your post, you will find the answer to your own thoughts and questions.

Rosebank & Camrea are successful due to money AND good management. They go hand in hand. This is not to say that they have bought their success, but i'll agree that it goes a fair way to helping win the big one.

Camrea are fostering new blood through their team (as i witnessed first hand this season) and Rosebank have also found an opportunity to look to the future which may relieve the requirement of $$$$$$ by investing in youth.

I'll also agree that there other good clubs out there but they don't compete with the two powerhouses just yet. And that is the answer to your last point on why these two clubs are hell bent on beating each other!! They have nothing else to achieve!!!

Success is success and it really doesn't matter how you become successful. The less successful will always be left behind unless they do something about it.

northmetroboy;338779 said:

rumour has it that a certain club from alphington paid about $ 15 000 large this season to not even make finals if that is true that is great case of trying to buy success . only problem they bought duds instead of blokes who could play and their management have a lot to answer for

rumour has it that a certain club from alphington paid about $ 15 000 large this season to not even make finals if that is true that is great case of trying to buy success . only problem they bought duds instead of blokes who could play and their management have a lot to answer for

You are seriously bitter and jealous. a bit like that captain coach down at Northcote United

You are seriously bitter and jealous. a bit like that captain coach down at Northcote United

I can't speak for Rosebank but Camrea have played 5 different under 17 kids in Burland Shield this year. Two of these kids are in the 12 tomorrow for the Burland Sheild grand final. One Camrea boy made the Under 15 Victorian Schoolboys team. We hope that he turns out to be a state or even national cricketer one day. Northmetroboy you are obviously not happy with the 3 junior teams we have been running for the last 5+ years.
People that type stuff on here need to start getting their facts right otherwise you will look like a fool.
Oh by the way Rosebank and Camrea have secret money trees hidden at their grounds and when they need money to pay players they just water them and pop the money just appears. It is really easy.

I can't speak for Rosebank but Camrea have played 5 different under 17 kids in Burland Shield this year. Two of these kids are in the 12 tomorrow for the Burland Sheild grand final. One Camrea boy made the Under 15 Victorian Schoolboys team. We hope that he turns out to be a state or even national cricketer one day. Northmetroboy you are obviously not happy with the 3 junior teams we have been running for the last 5+ years.
People that type stuff on here need to start getting their facts right otherwise you will look like a fool.
Oh by the way Rosebank and Camrea have secret money trees hidden at their grounds and when they need money to pay players they just water them and pop the money just appears. It is really easy.

Snake;338797 said:

Do you do loans Snake????:D

By the way, if Mikey does go on to state or national cricket, keep reminding everyone where he came from because if he ever came back, the money issue may raise its ugly head again!

Snake;338797 said:

By the way, if Mikey does go on to state or national cricket, keep reminding everyone where he came from because if he ever came back, the money issue may raise its ugly head again!

No. 1 or 2 or 3!!;338800 said:

if mikey went back lmfao, he will never play for camrea after what happend

No. 1 or 2 or 3!!;338800 said:

if mikey went back lmfao, he will never play for camrea after what happend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back