Seymour & District Cricket Association

Re: Hi all, anyone in Seymour & District Cricket Association

Hard Target;369152 said:
cant see that. A side that hasn't made the A grade finals in so long Adds a 34 yr old STAR.... but overweight and with dodgy knees and an untried pom....

In this league, he still dominates batsmen with his bowling. But to be honest the massive benefit of having Blackwell is not what he does on the field...

He is one of, if not the most, highly respected player and experienced one in the SDCA. Kilmore's aim is for him to coach and guide current players to harness their full potential; if Blackwell can get T.Hede, R.Hanson, J.Collis, M.Davern, M.Robertson to play to their full potential... plus to develop younger players like A.Rogers, B.Dawson, B.Winther etc then they will be pretty close to taking out the flag... plus ppl seem to have forgotten R.McLeod who is a star.

Re: Hi all, anyone in Seymour & District Cricket Association

JTron;369689 said:
In this league, he still dominates batsmen with his bowling. But to be honest the massive benefit of having Blackwell is not what he does on the field...

He is one of, if not the most, highly respected player and experienced one in the SDCA. Kilmore's aim is for him to coach and guide current players to harness their full potential; if Blackwell can get T.Hede, R.Hanson, J.Collis, M.Davern, M.Robertson to play to their full potential... plus to develop younger players like A.Rogers, B.Dawson, B.Winther etc then they will be pretty close to taking out the flag... plus ppl seem to have forgotten R.McLeod who is a star.

Yeah he is have a big effect with all those guys. He is really trying to harness them. He looks like he will achieve with some of them. you will also want to keep an eye out for a couple of new guys. That can bat a bit. Kilmores A grade line up will be different than those of the last couple of years.:cool:

Re: Hi all anyone in Seymour & district cricket Association

Rampant;369431 said:
Lachy would probably be up there as the quickest bowler in the league, although he tends to spray them a bit...

Lachy aside guys. Has anyone got result from round one? any upsets or anything out of the ordinary?:)

Thornton played Seymour in the b grade at Thornton Seymour 10 /107 off 44.4 overs ( A Phelps 3/7 off 9 M Currie 3/14 off 8 ) Thornton 3/112 off 25 overs ( D Evans 58 no T Phelps 35 no)
Pretty sure Avenel beat Alex by about 25 runs in the a grade while Alex had an easy win in the B Grade

Royals B-Grade lost to Nagambie @ nagambie by around 80 runs and Seymour A-grade lost to Tallarook @ Chittick Park and Eastern Hill lost to Yea @ Yea.
Thats all i know guys, not sure about scores or anything else

about that, is there a web site that has all the results up? i know most eca leagues use my cricket. awesome site. has averages, high score and everything for each individual player

Cakehole;369986 said:
about that, is there a web site that has all the results up? i know most eca leagues use my cricket. awesome site. has averages, high score and everything for each individual player

I don't think we have a web site or page set up like that.
Results from Kilmore games both A grade and B grade won both sides beat broadford. A grade kilmore made 213 X Youngman 61, R Mcleod 67 and T Hede52 and bowled broadford out for 120. In B grade kilmore made 234 S Heather 114, D Heather 54 and bowled broadford out for 59.
:)

I can't be that hard to run a useful website for the league, the present one has only one story - on Kookaburra's graphite-backed bats. The Bendigo DCA for example, have a really well run site: Bendigo & District Cricket Association.

Especially when you consider that during football season every league has comprehensive results, including the former Benalla DFL, I'm surprised that when the league receives the results someone doesn't just upload them onto the website.

Rampant;370411 said:
I can't be that hard to run a useful website for the league, the present one has only one story - on Kookaburra's graphite-backed bats. The Bendigo DCA for example, have a really well run site: Bendigo & District Cricket Association.

Especially when you consider that during football season every league has comprehensive results, including the former Benalla DFL, I'm surprised that when the league receives the results someone doesn't just upload them onto the website.

i agree that it would be awesome to have a website but there doesn't seem to be anyone interested in posting all the results every week....unless your putting your hand up rampant :D lol
i thnik if someone took the time it would be very useful and save people chasing up results from here, there and everywhere.

be interesting to see if there are any games played this weekend with crappy weather forecasted

I don't really think it would happen, you would need to get Ken Daniels and the team on board first wouldn't you? I would do it if someone asked me to do it, but you would have to be sure they were going to make an effort to get the results in.

yeah thats true mate. you wouldn't think ken and the team would have an issue with it but ya just never know i guess

Royals B grade washed out
Royals C grade all out for 118. T Hanson 52, D Wyatt 17, T Speechley 10 n.o lost to Thornton 0/120 by 10 Wickets!
Full credit to the young guys from Tornton as they batted and bowled terrific. Two young Kids both made half centruries and were not out. I think one was A.Phelps but im unsure of the other. Well done Guys.

Any other scores?

Taz89;371115 said:
Royals B grade washed out
Royals C grade all out for 118. T Hanson 52, D Wyatt 17, T Speechley 10 n.o lost to Thornton 0/120 by 10 Wickets!
Full credit to the young guys from Tornton as they batted and bowled terrific. Two young Kids both made half centruries and were not out. I think one was A.Phelps but im unsure of the other. Well done Guys.

Any other scores?

Spot on Taz was a pretty good effort by our younger guys after it looked like we might be chasing a big score after your openers smashed us around a fair bit but every one chipped in and done well to keep you guys to a low score. Batting was excellent from our 2 openers and knocked up the runs in just 15 overs too which was very impressive.

I know Pyalong smashed Alex made about 6/170 or something like that and bowled Alex out for 49.

TEDFNC;371185 said:
Spot on Taz was a pretty good effort by our younger guys after it looked like we might be chasing a big score after your openers smashed us around a fair bit but every one chipped in and done well to keep you guys to a low score. Batting was excellent from our 2 openers and knocked up the runs in just 15 overs too which was very impressive.

I know Pyalong smashed Alex made about 6/170 or something like that and bowled Alex out for 49.

Yeah i would hate to imagine the runs you guys would have made had you batted first lol

wow thats a big win for Pyalong!
Seymour forfeited to Eastern hill

Is the Seymour Telegraph the only place to get a copy of this seasons fixture?

Rampant;371511 said:

yeah as far as i know mate

Taz89;371539 said:
yeah as far as i know mate
It's a bit of a shame... The only copy of the fixture I have is back home, so I don't find out who we're playing until the Thursday or Friday each week. There's something that could be put up on the website.

Rampant;371551 said:
It's a bit of a shame... The only copy of the fixture I have is back home, so I don't find out who we're playing until the Thursday or Friday each week. There's something that could be put up on the website.

is that the theoretical website?!

Rampant;371511 said:

Thats pretty disappointing advertising for the league. only one place to get the draw. i think more should be done leading up to the season to promote the game around the area. especially when we dont get the seymour paper over our way. this is the 21st century and still relying on word of mouth to get the game out there. not cool

It's a bit difficult to comment when you don't have any idea who's playing who...

Back