Seymour & District Cricket Association

Re: Hi all, anyone in Seymour & District Cricket Association

Cutiz Arminarf;373918 said:
Anyone know whos playing who this weekend in the A grade?
Kilmore vs. Avenel
Broadford vs. Yea Tigers
Eastern Hill vs. Tallarook
Alexandra vs. Seymour

Rampant;374210 said:
Kilmore vs. Avenel
Broadford vs. Yea Tigers
Alexandra vs. Seymour

Kilmore vs. Avenel
Broadford vs. Yea Tigers
Alexandra vs. Seymour

And Seymour in an upset.

Cutiz Arminarf;374221 said:
Kilmore vs. Avenel
Broadford vs. Yea Tigers
Alexandra vs. Seymour

And Seymour in an upset.

So does anyone have any results from yesterdays games?

rayt74;374345 said:
So does anyone have any results from yesterdays games?

Alex all out for 295 Vs seymour, Eastern Hill 200 odd Vs Tallarook. Haven't heard any others Ray.

Avenel made 246 against Kilmore, Kilmore were 0/14 in reply when stumps were pulled.

In Mooroopna today, Avenel played in the second leg of the Northern Rivers stage of the Kookaburra Twenty20 (basically a country champions league). They played Murray Valley CA premiers Barooga on the main oval in the semi-final.

Avenel posted a competitive 8/157 with makeshift opener Chris Tingay top scoring with 65, a wounded Mic Enrico made 40 odd as well.

In reply it came down to the third last ball when Barooga hit the winning runs, before they finished their innings on 5/162.

Both sides were missing about 4 players each, and the game could've gone either way, in the end the difference was Barooga's opening batsmen who hit his 50 off 16 balls, before falling in the fourth over with the score on 60.

Barooga then chased down the Fire Brigade’s (Kyabram DCA’s rep.) 8/130 odd later in the afternoon, after Fire Brigade had earlier beaten Eaglehawk, who won last years Bendigo DCA competition.

So the Seymour DCA's representative held it’s own with the other leagues around the area, considering that two weeks prior they eliminated Central Park from the tournament.

Re: Hi all anyone in Seymour & district cricket Association

B Grade

Thornton played Eastern Hill and are in a good position after losing the toss and fielding first

Eastern Hill 10/79 v Thornton 3/126

Alex B Grade made around 120 against Seymour who are 5 /50 odd at the end of the first day

So halfway through the first round of two-dayers and there are some interesting half-time scores:

It looks as though the top-of-the-ladder Avenel vs. Kilmore game is evenly poised, which is most definitely a good thing for the competition. However, I think the Swans have the upper hand posting a good score of 246. I don't think Kilmore have the batting depth if they lose their 3 or 4 key bats.

The battle of the cellar dwellers in Yea vs. Broadford looks set for somewhat of an upset, as Broadford have the Tigers on the ropes. Unfortuantely the Yea big names haven't really fired a shot this year, as was evidenced in only making 146 against the Broadford attack.

Alexandra vs. Seymour looks poised to be an Alexandra win, the Redbacks wouldn't have to much trouble defending an imposing 295 against Seymour. (You would think)

The clash of the challengers Eastern Hill vs. Tallarook looks to be fairly even, a score of 200 is about par and the Tallarook batting line-up is centred around Lachie Watts and Paul Arandt, if they lose them early(ish), Eastern Hill will win, otherwise the Rook should chalk up another 4 points.

I think that Kilmore might get the runs against Avenel, don't really know much about the sides but we played at Kilmore a couple of weeks ago and the ground was quick and with the warm weather I would guess it would be very quick so 246 may not be such a big score, but as you say Rampant they need to stay in and make them still

Yeah, the Kilmore ground is normally in good nick and the grass short. I suppose being next to the golf course they'd be able to leech some of the water from there. ;)

But it will be interesting to see who wins, provided we get a round of games in that is. This new heat rule sounds like a bit of a joke...

Results

Round 5

A-Grade

Broadford 177 def. Yea Tigers 146 & 4/132
Avenel 246 & 3/9 def. Kilmore 185
Tallarook 241 def. Eastern Hill 196
Alexandra 295 vs Seymour ???

B-Grade
Avenel 8/245 def. Broadford 102 & 2/59
Thornton 246 def. Eastern Hill 77 & 107
Tallarook 241 def. Yea Tigers 8/99 & 7/147

C-Grade
Nagambie 111 def. Thornton 110
Broadford Red 2/57 def. Eastern Hill 54
Kilmore 6/286 def. Seymour 54
Avenel 2/169 def. Flowerdale 9/164
Puckapunyal 8/152 def. Royals 130

Rampant;375466 said:
Results

Round 5

A-Grade

Broadford 177 def. Yea Tigers 146 & 4/132
Avenel 246 & 3/9 def. Kilmore 185
Tallarook 241 def. Eastern Hill 196
Alexandra 295 vs Seymour ???

B-Grade
Avenel 8/245 def. Broadford 102 & 2/59
Thornton 246 def. Eastern Hill 77 & 107
Tallarook 241 def. Yea Tigers 8/99 & 7/147

C-Grade
Nagambie 111 def. Thornton 110
Broadford Red 2/57 def. Eastern Hill 54
Kilmore 6/286 def. Seymour 54
Avenel 2/169 def. Flowerdale 9/164
Puckapunyal 8/152 def. Royals 130

Seymour made around 240 I think against Alex in the A Grade and Alex B Grade won outright over Seymour

Hey guys does anyone have the results from the t20 games yesterday?

Kilmore B grade defeated Nagambie comfortably up there as well...chasing 140 odd the got the runs about 5 or 6 down i think then went on to make 200 odd then sent Nagambie back in for rest of the time getting them 2 or 3 down for 40 odd i think

Taz89;375576 said:
Hey guys does anyone have the results from the t20 games yesterday?
Who played in yesterday's Twenty20 games?

On the subject of the Twenty20 tournament, is there any possible way of getting a fixture anywhere?

Rampant;375691 said:
On the subject of the Twenty20 tournament, is there any possible way of getting a fixture anywhere?

I think the clubs should have a copy up around their rooms somewhere but i rekon that may be the only way

It's a bit of a shame they haven't promoted it a bit more... We just get told, often on the Saturday, that "there's a Twenty20 game tomorrow, who wants to play?"

Well that's what I made of it anyway...

Good evening lads,

twenty/20 match at the rook tonight between our boys vs broadford saw the rook post 5-180 odd p arandt 77 of 31 the main contributer, broadford all out for 130. The next round of matches are to be played on the 6th of december

Rampant;375875 said:
It's a bit of a shame they haven't promoted it a bit more... We just get told, often on the Saturday, that "there's a Twenty20 game tomorrow, who wants to play?"

Well that's what I made of it anyway...

yeah the league i think didnt decide till pretty much the last minute to have it this year. i rekon its a good thing to have going on but maybe just more organization next year will see it work out better

Back