Seymour & District Cricket Association

Re: Hi all anyone in Seymour & district cricket Association

Results: A-GRADE

Avenel 4/100 def. Broadford 93.
From what I've heard, Avenel were 2/93 before losing two wickets while even with Broadford. The standout peformance was Paul Dowling who took 4/28 off 9 overs.

Rampant;372031 said:
Results: A-GRADE

Avenel 4/100 def. Broadford 93.
From what I've heard, Avenel were 2/93 before losing two wickets while even with Broadford. The standout peformance was Paul Dowling who took 4/28 off 9 overs.

A-Grade: Eastern Hill defeated Seymour by 8 wickets, Kilmore defeated The Rook
B-Grade: Royals defeated Tallarook by 5 wickets ( i think)
C-Grade: Flowerdale Forfeited to Royals, Avenel 3/29 defeated Seymour 27

Thats all i know of guys sorry.
Flowerdale forfeited due to not having enough numbers because 5 of the guys who play for them decided to go fishing instead of having a hit...the coach was not impressed

The results were in the Herald Sun yesterday:

A-Grade
Avenel 4/100 def. Broadford 93
Alexandra 8/115ish def. Yea 115ish
Eastern Hill 2/115 def. Seymour 112.
Kilmore 199 def. Tallarook 140 odd.

A lot of low scoring games, it seems like Kilmore were the only team able to post a decent score...

B grade - Thornton all out for 91
Broadford 7down when passing their total.

Rampant;372316 said:
The results were in the Herald Sun yesterday:

A-Grade
Avenel 4/100 def. Broadford 93
Alexandra 8/115ish def. Yea 115ish
Eastern Hill 2/115 def. Seymour 112.
Kilmore 199 def. Tallarook 140 odd.

A lot of low scoring games, it seems like Kilmore were the only team able to post a decent score...

True. Although Eastern Hill were looking quite good when i was down having a look, possibly if they batted first would have had a decent total

Taz89;372394 said:
True. Although Eastern Hill were looking quite good when i was down having a look, possibly if they batted first would have had a decent total

who was playing in their A-grade on the weekend?

Fair to say Kilmore are the early favourites? When do they play Avenal?

I still think Avenel are the benchmark, especially when you consider that Kilmore had such trouble getting over Seymour...

I would think batting 2nd on a track that had been under consistent rain/spits all day would be hard to contend with... not so much the opposition.

Avenal also known for collapses, however i'll agree they are the benchmark of the competition. However Kilmore has overcome strong opposition convincely in Tallarook. Will be interested to see the outcome of this match, whenever its scheduled.

Yeah, it will be an interesting game, however, I don't think that Kilmore quite have the depth that Avenel have. In saying that, however, cricket's a funny game and it only takes 2 or 3 of Kilmore's guns to fire...

Round 3

A-Grade
Alexandra 4/138 def. Broadford 9/127
Avenel 1/243 def. Seymour 9/165
Kilmore 9/174 def. Eastern Hill 9/172 (cc)
Tallarook 7/173 def. Yea Tigers 107

B-Grade
Nagambie 6/148 def. Broadford 7/147
Avenel 5/98 def. Yea Tigers 8/97
Tallarook 3/226 def. Seymour 160
Alexandra 7/137 def. Royals 8/126

C-Grade
Puckapunyal Wanderers 0/49 def. Broadford Black 7/45
Avenel 4/105 def. Thornton 102
Flowerdale 4/165 def. Tallarook 153
Broadford Red 5/193 def. Puckapunyal Nomads 186
Pyalong 6/126 def. Kilmore 124

If you want to hear the scores from the local cricket matches there is a Cricket Show on at 10:00am on the Seymour Radio Station 103.9 FM. This is great that this is on because you dont need to wait for people to let you know who won, made runs, took wickets, etc...

Really? I've never heard of it before... I'm assuming you're talking about Sunday morning, if so, there's probably a very good reason for that.

Also, in yesterday's Twenty20 at Nagambie, Nagambie posted 5/144 to beat Avenel who ended up on 9/107. So there was a bit of an upset there, with Avenel's big guns Pearce, Hinss, Enrico, Willie Wheeler, Dowling and Mic Donovan all playing.

Hepburn and Berens made about 30-40 each which proved the match-winning partnership. It just goes to show how disappointing it is that Nagambie don't enter an A-Grade side.

Rampant;372728 said:
Yeah, it will be an interesting game, however, I don't think that Kilmore quite have the depth that Avenel have. In saying that, however, cricket's a funny game and it only takes 2 or 3 of Kilmore's guns to fire...

You guys won't have to wait to long for the Kilmore V Avenal game as it is the first 2 day game to be played starting this weekend. The game is being played at Kilmore on Nov 7th and 14th. If you are interested you can come and have a look. It should be a very close game you would hope.:)

So after three rounds, the undefeated teams are Avenel & Kilmore, is that right?

Rampant;373413 said:
Also, in yesterday's Twenty20 at Nagambie, Nagambie posted 5/144 to beat Avenel who ended up on 9/107. So there was a bit of an upset there, with Avenel's big guns Pearce, Hinss, Enrico, Willie Wheeler, Dowling and Mic Donovan all playing.

Hepburn and Berens made about 30-40 each which proved the match-winning partnership. It just goes to show how disappointing it is that Nagambie don't enter an A-Grade side.

If you talk to any of the nagambie "Men....." They'll continue say how happy they are happy to keep dominating B' Grade. Thank F*** Tallarook shut them up last year.
Its about time the league toughened up and made them do something about it instead of being scared that the'll change leagues if made it play a higher grade.

Rampant;373411 said:
Really? I've never heard of it before... I'm assuming you're talking about Sunday morning, if so, there's probably a very good reason for that.

yeah sunday morning Rampant, i havn't actually been up early enough myself to listen to it but i have heard a lot of people give it a good report!

Re: Hi all, anyone in Seymour & District Cricket Association

Hard Target;369152 said:
cant see that. A side that hasn't made the A grade finals in so long Adds a 34 yr old STAR.... but overweight and with dodgy knees and an untried pom....

Just found this thread have been using the BigFooty one, Kilmore 4-zip with a lot of it because of Blacky...Youngman's first game he steps in and makes 61 to knock off a very ordinary Broadford team...looks like someone is a touch bitter Hard Target

Back