South Africa in Australia

Re: South Africa in Australia

what ponting said last night after stumps made alot of sense after todays days play. At the MCG you need to probe closer to the stumps as the bounce is inconsistant. Not to the extent of stopping good shot making but if you move the ball off the seam you are always a chance on this deck.

I hope krazy watched hauritz today because he would have learnt that subtle changes in your loop (top spin), speed and variety can produce a very good result. Add this to his big turning offies and krazy would become a very good test bowler. Till he adds a bit of top spin, drop and drift to his bowling and works to plans he will be a what if bowler.

Siddle has always bowled well, in fact you could pick any of the victorian fast bowlers of the last 5 years (maybe not patterson) and they would bowl well on this deck. He bent his back and got the reward that he actually deserved in the first innings of perth. Needs to back it up in the second innings but the signs are better. I like the idea of an opening attack of siddle at one end hitting a length and working it off the seam will one of bollinger or the hilf swings it from the other end. Johnno then can work the reverse swing and use his angle with the older ball.

Lets just say, sometimes a wicket can be all you need to give you confidence. Lee on the other hand struggled after not getting the breakthrough. Could we see both lee and hayden retire?

curious to know if the follow on passed pontings mind. With the way chasing is going I would not even feel safe setting them 500 these days with how pitches are produced.

Jolldo87;300153 said:
Good summary once again grapedo. @|

How do you rate your chances of getting at least a draw in this match?

thanks Jolldo.

I think that South Africa still have a very real chance of winning or drawing this test match. Ian Healy made a point before the close of play that sometimes for a fielding team it can be hard bowling to a classy top order player batting with a tailender because all the bowler is worried about is getting the taileneder out as soon as the batsman is on strike you lose your mind set on getting him out and are more worried about him getting off strike.

This realy opened my eyes because if Duminy stays out there and dosen't play any rash sots just picks up runs with minimal risk as long as he has some support from the tail he will really frustrate the Australians. If he can share a 40 -50 run partnership with Harris and 20 with Steyn and 20 with Ntini then the lead is only 100.

They can then bowl well and roll the aussies for 200 - 250 and we have a game on our hands.
So I wouldn't be jumping the gun just yet aussie fans.

Jesus. Come on Aussies. We take out all their batsmen (besides Duminy) for less than 150 but then their tail (and Duminy) add another 150. Unacceptable.

Back