South Africa in Australia

Re: South Africa in Australia

Brett Lee potential stress fracture according to ABC radio - will this mean he can't bowl second innings?

Biggie;300461 said:
Brett Lee potential stress fracture according to ABC radio - will this mean he can't bowl second innings?

Yeah if he has a stress fracture i guess he won't be able to bowl in the second innings.

Biggie;300461 said:

More than likely. They could risk it by giving him injections to kill the pain but it's a dodgy move. Could put him out of action for a lot longer than if he stays off it.

I'm sure someone with 'links' to the Aussie team will be along in a moment to fill us in with the full details.

D.K;300485 said:
Suzi please check your facts (Yet Again) before posting. Would save a lot of hassle for the members and yourself in the future.
The article says that he is out of the test match.....

Oh and James Southerland has just told us on ABC Grandstand that Lee is out.

Apparently it is a re-occurance on the injury that he got in Sri Lanka.

schwab2clarkson;300493 said:
The article says that he is out of the test match.....

This is what you linked to:

Brett Lee's frustrating series has continued with foot soreness preventing him taking the field on day three of the second cricket Test against South Africa at the MCG.

An Australian team spokesman said Lee was in the dressing rooms being treated by physiotherapist Alex Kountouris.

Lee, 32, has endured a difficult series, as his figures currently read 1-200.

After a poor match in the first Test in Perth, he struggled for rhythm in the second Test, and had figures of 0-68 from 13 overs on Saturday.

The spokesman was unsure when Lee would be able to take the field.

Lee was replaced on the field by 12th man Shane Watson.

All it says is that they are unsure when he would be able to take to the field.

I'm not being an ass to you here, just checking that it is the article you meant to link to.

Top 100 Duminy, well batted. He has really impressed me and should open next match.

RSA 8/372. (Deficit 22)

Back