South Africa v Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: South Africa v Pakistan

Timed Out said:
Inzi 10 runs off miandads reckon i think :confused:. I hope he gets it he deserves it :D.

I hope he gets to 100, not for his sake, but we really need a "Inzi" knock now.

Yeah in his last test, Pakistan need Inzamam to be the hero yet again. It would be a great farewell if he gets a 100.

not this time. great bowling everyone got wickets. we cant lose this match from here and 2 of our best batsmen are out there :D

Another huge target for Pakistan and they've gotten off to a poor start again. They'll need a fine effort from Inzamam, Yousuf and Younis to have a chance in this game.

I just saw the scorecard its sad to see that inzaman got out without getting 6 runs but younis and yousuf played good to draw the match

i think we should have played more aggressively in the second innings and given us more time to get them out.run rate of 2.76 is poor considering that we were on top and wouldnt have lost the match. but pakistan had to bat well to save the match and they did that very well.we won the series 1-0 but a whitewash would have been better.

Strong batting performance by SA in racking up nearly 300, including 2 good centuries by Gibbs and De Villiers.

Pakistan on the ropes a little at 92-5.

Smart money would be on SA taking a 1-0 lead.

It's tough for Pakistan. They could play it like a Twenty20 but don't have wickets remaining.

we played really well throughout this tour. afridi seems to hit without even looking at the field. i cant stop laughing at his shots. that isnt going to win pakistan the game. even tanvir looks a more sensible batsman than him.

South Africa totally out played Pakistan in the first ODI. Afridi made a good effort in the end but they should make him bat up the order. By the time he comes in the game is far beyond reach.

i heard in the news that there were bomb blasts in pakistan. its really sad that so many people got killed. but that the security for the players has been increased and the tour will go on.

Pakistan managed to get 265 thanks to Yousuf's century. I think they could have scored more had there been some contributions by the batsmen coming in after Malik. But South Africa are in trouble after losing Gibbs and the in form Kallis for ducks. South Africa bat very deep so if they can get one significant partnership, the rest of the batsmen are capable of finishing it off.

Pakistan fielded rubbish but still they played better than us today. we should have capatalised on those mistakes but i guess it just wasnt our day. we needed a big score from two of our top order batsman. morkel and pollock had too much to do.

I haven't been watching the match but by looking at the scorecard it seems like a poor performance from South Africa.

im disappointed with todays performance. smith was going well but was runout due to a horrible call. kemp could have revived the innings but he got out at the wrong moment. had he stuck till the 45th over and then blasted then we could have reached around 230. afridi was good for pakistan with the ball.but hes always a mindless slogger with the bat.

Looks like a loss for South Africa in the latest match.

Poor batting or good bowling? Either way no-one really put their hand up and took control of the innings for South Africa.

Pakistan should win by around 5 wickets - maybe a little bit of time for some Afridi fireworks at the end?

Almost_Austwick said:
Pakistan should win by around 5 wickets - maybe a little bit of time for some Afridi fireworks at the end?

He has already come and gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back