VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Dingo_Jones;279798 said:
Whats the story with mettleman and K.(am I any bloody good) Roach? I notice neither bowled last match. Also where did mr. traveller himself chris armstrong take up residence. He used to be a gun bat. anybody know?

Not 100% sure Dingo but I think CA may have chased good money in a shit comp (churches). Someone should be able to verify though...

Not a bad bat, great shotmaker, clean hitter, but you wouldnt want him coming in for your side at 4-20 or something on a sticky and having to graft. If he is in Churches, he should make 1000 runs a year.

Dingo_Jones;279798 said:
Whats the story with mettleman and K.(am I any bloody good) Roach? I notice neither bowled last match. Also where did mr. traveller himself chris armstrong take up residence. He used to be a gun bat. anybody know?

Not 100% sure Dingo but I think CA may have chased good money in a shit comp (churches). Someone should be able to verify though...

Not a bad bat, great shotmaker, clean hitter, but you wouldnt want him coming in for your side at 4-20 or something on a sticky and having to graft. If he is in Churches, he should make 1000 runs a year.

onlyonepaidpro@clubbers;279604 said:
i think u are wrong. just the one up and one down in snr div.

Sorry to correct u.. But the rules for promotion and relegation are as follows..

E2.5.1 The Clubs whose first elevens occupied the two lowest positions on the ladder in Senior
Division, Senior A1, North A1 and South A1 at the completion of the season shall have their
first and second eleven transferred to the next lowest Senior Section.

E2.5.2 The Grand Finalists of Senior A1, North B1 and South B1 shall all be promoted to the next
highest Senior Section.

E2.5.3 The premiers of North A1 and South A1 shall all be promoted to the next highest Senior
Section.

onlyonepaidpro@clubbers;279604 said:
i think u are wrong. just the one up and one down in snr div.

Sorry to correct u.. But the rules for promotion and relegation are as follows..

E2.5.1 The Clubs whose first elevens occupied the two lowest positions on the ladder in Senior
Division, Senior A1, North A1 and South A1 at the completion of the season shall have their

E2.5.2 The Grand Finalists of Senior A1, North B1 and South B1 shall all be promoted to the next
highest Senior Section.

E2.5.3 The premiers of North A1 and South A1 shall all be promoted to the next highest Senior
Section.

spotiswoode 1888;279847 said:

highest Senior Section.

Section.

i stand corrected. thank you.

spotiswoode 1888;279847 said:

highest Senior Section.

Section.

i stand corrected. thank you.

onlyonepaidpro@clubbers;279500 said:
I know things are a little different this year champ - and some aren't that happy. Why do you know something more:confused:

Not too sure about the $$$ situation at doutta but as I said on here 2 weeks ago, looking at their outs from last year GF you have Ion, Cooper, Lamberti, Tate and McFarlane - all players who have or could make VTCA team of year.

For their sake, they would want to start winning a game or two soon.

Good to see RPB atop the ladder which is a change from the past years where it was the same old same old.

onlyonepaidpro@clubbers;279500 said:
I know things are a little different this year champ - and some aren't that happy. Why do you know something more:confused:

Not too sure about the $$$ situation at doutta but as I said on here 2 weeks ago, looking at their outs from last year GF you have Ion, Cooper, Lamberti, Tate and McFarlane - all players who have or could make VTCA team of year.

For their sake, they would want to start winning a game or two soon.

Good to see RPB atop the ladder which is a change from the past years where it was the same old same old.

InGoodTouch;275883 said:
Feel sorry for the Bentleigh boys, no change rooms or anything at their makeshift ground at bignell rd, should be back at arthur st for the all important one-dayers in january. Will bounce back this week against BD, maybe give them a dose of their on medicine the cheats!! McInnes and tait back will make the difference, it's the year of the demons!!

It's the year of the demons.... Yep, McInnes makes a difference but if you can't bat, what chance have you got??? And when your only batsman has made 15 runs in 4 digs and gets clean bowled by full tosses, its looking pretty sad. Willy next week for another thrashing. Oh well, have fun in South A.

InGoodTouch;275883 said:
Feel sorry for the Bentleigh boys, no change rooms or anything at their makeshift ground at bignell rd, should be back at arthur st for the all important one-dayers in january. Will bounce back this week against BD, maybe give them a dose of their on medicine the cheats!! McInnes and tait back will make the difference, it's the year of the demons!!

It's the year of the demons.... Yep, McInnes makes a difference but if you can't bat, what chance have you got??? And when your only batsman has made 15 runs in 4 digs and gets clean bowled by full tosses, its looking pretty sad. Willy next week for another thrashing. Oh well, have fun in South A.

Not Out;234515 said:
Keep writing us off like everyone does every year, we'll be up there again.

McKinnon to get relegated now they don't have the only bloke doing anything for them, Mullaney.

hahaha don't u look like a deadshit now ehh

Not Out;234515 said:
Keep writing us off like everyone does every year, we'll be up there again.

McKinnon to get relegated now they don't have the only bloke doing anything for them, Mullaney.

hahaha don't u look like a deadshit now ehh

Javid Miandmum;279913 said:

McFarlane was magnificent in last years GF , stiff not to get MOTM....

Fair knock from Hally chasing down Altona North ,blew a double century by the look of it !!!

Fair knock from Hally chasing down Altona North ,blew a double century by the look of it !!!

zyxwvu;280039 said:
Relegation for Bentleigh is an early call with the likes of Beaumaris [2 outright losses already] and Sunshine United kicking around in Senior A.

zyxwvu;280039 said:
Relegation for Bentleigh is an early call with the likes of Beaumaris [2 outright losses already] and Sunshine United kicking around in Senior A.

Wasi Akrim;280046 said:

Fair knock that i see the Great man Mario is back(youth policy)in ?
You carnt keep a good man down.All we need now is Moose back?

Wasi Akrim;280046 said:

century scorer;280163 said:
Wasi Akrim;280046 said:

Is that the same mario that played for albion seconds about 11 years ago? One of our openers was late so I like a dick head put my hand up to open. So mario came runnin in, in his second over and got one through my defences which slammed into my nuts. Next ball I was out. I remember draging myself to the change room thinking it's a bit wet down there. On inspection my box was broken and there was a piece of it sticking out of my left knacker and blood every where. Fortunately my days as a stud were over. That mario was quick.

Wasi Akrim;280046 said:

Is that the same mario that played for albion seconds about 11 years ago? One of our openers was late so I like a dick head put my hand up to open. So mario came runnin in, in his second over and got one through my defences which slammed into my nuts. Next ball I was out. I remember draging myself to the change room thinking it's a bit wet down there. On inspection my box was broken and there was a piece of it sticking out of my left knacker and blood every where. Fortunately my days as a stud were over. That mario was quick.

Dingo_Jones;280218 said:
Don't be so touchy.
I'm not touchy, its just that we don't need comparisons who is better.For years the South was the stronger cricket and now the North is. Is this due to the councils in the West and North being more community minded than some of the Southern councils who are obsessed with the user pays mentality and give no help to the clubs.
We are all in the one competition, which i reckon is pretty good so we need to all work together to make it better.

Dingo_Jones;280218 said:
Don't be so touchy.
I'm not touchy, its just that we don't need comparisons who is better.For years the South was the stronger cricket and now the North is. Is this due to the councils in the West and North being more community minded than some of the Southern councils who are obsessed with the user pays mentality and give no help to the clubs.
We are all in the one competition, which i reckon is pretty good so we need to all work together to make it better.

tcnthat;279837 said:

Chris is playing in the churches @ St Andrews giving his brother a chop out @ he hasnt set the world on fire.......
you blokes are full of it there are quality players down here just cause they dont chase the dollar. loyalty is still alive @ well a good team is agood team depth might be an issue.
im aware of some of the quality much of a muchness depth is were its at.
the travel who needs it local & beers will do.

tcnthat;279837 said:

Chris is playing in the churches @ St Andrews giving his brother a chop out @ he hasnt set the world on fire.......
you blokes are full of it there are quality players down here just cause they dont chase the dollar. loyalty is still alive @ well a good team is agood team depth might be an issue.

BigCoq;280306 said:

Is that his brother Mark? Is he coaching? Does his old man also called Chris still watch the games?.

BigCoq;280306 said:

Is that his brother Mark? Is he coaching? Does his old man also called Chris still watch the games?.

Dingo_Jones;280214 said:

Not sure if it was the same Mario? But being 11 years ago, that would have Made him what 41? Would have been bowling smoke for sure..... NOT!! Muzza bowls just above off spin pace now. Spot of advice, dont wear a box that is 10 years old, they tend to become weak and brittle and cause some damage instead of saving your nads!!!!:cool:

Dingo_Jones;280214 said:

Not sure if it was the same Mario? But being 11 years ago, that would have Made him what 41? Would have been bowling smoke for sure..... NOT!! Muzza bowls just above off spin pace now. Spot of advice, dont wear a box that is 10 years old, they tend to become weak and brittle and cause some damage instead of saving your nads!!!!:cool:

G.Turner update #13
Well it appears the Lifemembership run has ended for Turner and cohorts. Turner last seen in Laverton destroying an ATM at 4.00 in the morning screaming "Give me cash I'm a life member??" How the mighty have fallen in a short space of time. No cash coming in from the Green Trackies and he has turned to crime. His 2 fat mates in Petrolllliums and Taylor were seen ransacking the next door IGA for food? Taylor was seen biting the front door and Petrollliums screaming last week you ate the Kebab van give me a go.

G.Turner update #13
Well it appears the Lifemembership run has ended for Turner and cohorts. Turner last seen in Laverton destroying an ATM at 4.00 in the morning screaming "Give me cash I'm a life member??" How the mighty have fallen in a short space of time. No cash coming in from the Green Trackies and he has turned to crime. His 2 fat mates in Petrolllliums and Taylor were seen ransacking the next door IGA for food? Taylor was seen biting the front door and Petrollliums screaming last week you ate the Kebab van give me a go.

Too Old Body Broke;278717 said:
Hey Chopper. Not sure about the injured pretty bad comment. My mrs is working most sat arvos. So it has made it almost impossible to get a game in. Will be ok for the 2 1 dayers after xmas I hope!! Loving getting up on Sundays and not walking like Steady Eddie for 3 days!!

How are you enjoying Nth? See you have ad a few starts (scores) but getting out. You and B/Clarke will always be welcomed back when you are ready. You 2 could have been handy this year for us.

Yeh it's a good experiance havnt had the best of times with it yeh managed a few scores but thats about it really. Yeh thanks m8 will definatly play more games down at spotty hav been tryin to get down there wen i get a chance to saw the end of the YC game but thats about it though they look to hav a pretty strong team. Oh fair enough hopefully you can a few wickets for them when you get back good luck for the rest of the year to m8

Too Old Body Broke;278717 said:
Hey Chopper. Not sure about the injured pretty bad comment. My mrs is working most sat arvos. So it has made it almost impossible to get a game in. Will be ok for the 2 1 dayers after xmas I hope!! Loving getting up on Sundays and not walking like Steady Eddie for 3 days!!

How are you enjoying Nth? See you have ad a few starts (scores) but getting out. You and B/Clarke will always be welcomed back when you are ready. You 2 could have been handy this year for us.

Yeh it's a good experiance havnt had the best of times with it yeh managed a few scores but thats about it really. Yeh thanks m8 will definatly play more games down at spotty hav been tryin to get down there wen i get a chance to saw the end of the YC game but thats about it though they look to hav a pretty strong team. Oh fair enough hopefully you can a few wickets for them when you get back good luck for the rest of the year to m8

BigCoq;280306 said:

No need to be so touchy about the Churches BigCoq. Fact is it is a lesser comp than blokes like CA's ability. Good on him for playing local with his bro, good player, good sledger, good sipper after the game and from my experience of playing against him, he should be making 1000 runs a year. No malice intended in my comments...

Also the suggestion there is no coin in the Churches is a bit off the mark, but I dont know or care whether CA is getting any. I made an assumption based on the fact he is a better player than that level.

BigCoq;280306 said:

No need to be so touchy about the Churches BigCoq. Fact is it is a lesser comp than blokes like CA's ability. Good on him for playing local with his bro, good player, good sledger, good sipper after the game and from my experience of playing against him, he should be making 1000 runs a year. No malice intended in my comments...

Also the suggestion there is no coin in the Churches is a bit off the mark, but I dont know or care whether CA is getting any. I made an assumption based on the fact he is a better player than that level.

been there done that;280386 said:
Dingo_Jones;280214 said:

Muzza was definitely not playing at Albion 2s 11 years ago.

And even is he was, he has never bowled smoke. Bends 'em around plenty though.

Did he play ones at North on Saturday?

been there done that;280386 said:
Dingo_Jones;280214 said:

Muzza was definitely not playing at Albion 2s 11 years ago.

And even is he was, he has never bowled smoke. Bends 'em around plenty though.

Did he play ones at North on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back