Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Billy Bowden;346314 said:
G'day Rooster Hack

Ran into the Big Coq on Sunday and its good to here you guys are being proactive with recruiting and working to tie up a coach from a current VTCA North A1 team. He also tells me that another club which I wont name are having a crack at one of your quality young batsmen. Hope for your sake you can keep him. Looks like the traditional St Andrews v Altona Roosters (Yarra Bapts) rivalry will continue for a few more years.

Its not just Roosters getting a team gunning for the young blood.

Been off umpiring in IPL Billy? haven't seen you for a while.

what VTCA nth A1 club billy?

G'day Rooster Hack

Ran into the Big Coq on Sunday and its good to here you guys are being proactive with recruiting and working to tie up a coach from a current VTCA North A1 team. He also tells me that another club which I wont name are having a crack at one of your quality young batsmen. Hope for your sake you can keep him. Looks like the traditional St Andrews v Altona Roosters (Yarra Bapts) rivalry will continue for a few more years.

Its not just Roosters getting a team gunning for the young blood.

Been off umpiring in IPL Billy? haven't seen you for a while.

what VTCA nth A1 club billy?

how good is the comp that the roosters are playing compared to willy comp and churches.

how good is the comp that the roosters are playing compared to willy comp and churches.

cash game;346319 said:
no one cares what ya name is mate, people just want you produce a decent deck for once not the usual crap you keep dishing out.

he wont be producing wickets on angliss next season from what i hav heard. Heard that the brothers didnt turn up to a meeting they were invited to in regards to the curators job, good luck in the future wait there and lucky in regards to ur curating careers, dunno if u should ask for a reference from the teams on angliss, dont think ull get the best review

u gonna tell us who it is billy? or r u gonna keep us in suspense?

cash game;346319 said:
no one cares what ya name is mate, people just want you produce a decent deck for once not the usual crap you keep dishing out.

he wont be producing wickets on angliss next season from what i hav heard. Heard that the brothers didnt turn up to a meeting they were invited to in regards to the curators job, good luck in the future wait there and lucky in regards to ur curating careers, dunno if u should ask for a reference from the teams on angliss, dont think ull get the best review

u gonna tell us who it is billy? or r u gonna keep us in suspense?

G'day Rooster Hack

Billy they can have a crack at whoever they like. im sure we will be having a crack at some off there blokes all is fair in love and war.

The Big Question is what are the Congs doing?
Have they found a Turf wicket?
What comp are they going to?
Are they definetly moving comps?
Perhaps the wise man Fine legs can shed some light on his clubs future.

G'day Rooster Hack

Billy they can have a crack at whoever they like. im sure we will be having a crack at some off there blokes all is fair in love and war.

youngpremier;345957 said:
How dissapointing people leaving the competition over a rule that most likley will apply to other comps!!! what happened, happened people, just need to move on! For gods sake wickets have been dug up for years in all competitions, yes it is dissopointing and digraceful that someone would actully do this! but there is nothing that can be done about it after it has happened!

u r qite right yes the rule applies in other comps but if your stubborn and inflexible then why would you like to encourage or reward people that dont help teams in there own comp. were not school boys mate. instead we just pack our bags go to a more proffesional run comp that has procedures in place for such instances and recognise the meaning of FAIR PLAY.we are not the only ones leaving St Andrews and possibly Congs. Melton would have left ages ago but they dont have Turf Wicket so there stuck maybe they will go to the Gisborn league play on Hard wickets. Who else is leaving i am sure that the fall out effect will snow ball. Who knows maybe Kingy might wonder what the hell are they doing back.

Who is left to play senior grade: Burnside, Caroline Springs, StJohns, Melton Centrals, Maybe Congs, Maybe Kingy, Maybe Melton Sth.

I cant see Churches attracting new club considering what a mess they have made of the 2008/09 season 7 turf teams maybe 5 if Congs and King leave

Dont forget Chuches have lost 2 grounds were are they going to play.
St Pauls, maybe Angliss if Footscray ANA let them and if Kingy leave or stay, Deer Park if you like to call that a Wicket. It's Loking grim you would have to say!

youngpremier;345957 said:
How dissapointing people leaving the competition over a rule that most likley will apply to other comps!!! what happened, happened people, just need to move on! For gods sake wickets have been dug up for years in all competitions, yes it is dissopointing and digraceful that someone would actully do this! but there is nothing that can be done about it after it has happened!

u r qite right yes the rule applies in other comps but if your stubborn and inflexible then why would you like to encourage or reward people that dont help teams in there own comp. were not school boys mate. instead we just pack our bags go to a more proffesional run comp that has procedures in place for such instances and recognise the meaning of FAIR PLAY.we are not the only ones leaving St Andrews and possibly Congs. Melton would have left ages ago but they dont have Turf Wicket so there stuck maybe they will go to the Gisborn league play on Hard wickets. Who else is leaving i am sure that the fall out effect will snow ball. Who knows maybe Kingy might wonder what the hell are they doing back.

Who is left to play senior grade: Burnside, Caroline Springs, StJohns, Melton Centrals, Maybe Congs, Maybe Kingy, Maybe Melton Sth.

I cant see Churches attracting new club considering what a mess they have made of the 2008/09 season 7 turf teams maybe 5 if Congs and King leave

Dont forget Chuches have lost 2 grounds were are they going to play.
St Pauls, maybe Angliss if Footscray ANA let them and if Kingy leave or stay, Deer Park if you like to call that a Wicket. It's Loking grim you would have to say!

Turf wickets are hard to come by these days Bigcoq, you boys are lucky to have yours. who are you boys looking to recruit? no names just types of players you're after, eg top order bats, keepers, spinner ect.

Turf wickets are hard to come by these days Bigcoq, you boys are lucky to have yours. who are you boys looking to recruit? no names just types of players you're after, eg top order bats, keepers, spinner ect.

BigCoq;346388 said:

g'day big coq, you have called for the wise man fine legs. sorry i've been away for awhile but i was waxing these lovely set of pins i've got. just to answer the questions about congs:
what are we doing? we are getting ready to head over to tassie for the weekend on our end of season trip.
have we found a turf wicket? yes we have. i'll tell you but you have to keep it to yourself. between you and me, its at langshaws reserve.
what comp? well we have been invited to play in the IPL but we rejected that offer and will be playing in the ICL.
are we definately moving comps? yes as stated in last answer. ICL.

and to finish off big coq, about teams poaching players from your club. you have no right complaining about that. just think back to last season when your club approached just about every player in the association to leave their club and join the roosters. good luck with getting a coach too. you might wanna try mick callus, seeing that 2 of your last 3 coachs have been from the congs. :D sorry i gotta go, my pedicure awaits.

BigCoq;346388 said:

g'day big coq, you have called for the wise man fine legs. sorry i've been away for awhile but i was waxing these lovely set of pins i've got. just to answer the questions about congs:
what are we doing? we are getting ready to head over to tassie for the weekend on our end of season trip.
have we found a turf wicket? yes we have. i'll tell you but you have to keep it to yourself. between you and me, its at langshaws reserve.
what comp? well we have been invited to play in the IPL but we rejected that offer and will be playing in the ICL.

and to finish off big coq, about teams poaching players from your club. you have no right complaining about that. just think back to last season when your club approached just about every player in the association to leave their club and join the roosters. good luck with getting a coach too. you might wanna try mick callus, seeing that 2 of your last 3 coachs have been from the congs. :D sorry i gotta go, my pedicure awaits.

there is more money in the IPL. i'd be getting onto your finance person about that. Why not start poaching captain/coaches. next you will see Dan Temby at st andrews. the silly season is here

there is more money in the IPL. i'd be getting onto your finance person about that. Why not start poaching captain/coaches. next you will see Dan Temby at st andrews. the silly season is here

fine legs;346396 said:

tassie again?! i dont think there are any turf grounds available! Best of luck with that.
We only approached your other spinner because Callus wouldnt give him a fair go & we needed a spinner horses for courses.

fine legs;346396 said:

tassie again?! i dont think there are any turf grounds available! Best of luck with that.
We only approached your other spinner because Callus wouldnt give him a fair go & we needed a spinner horses for courses.

A.B De Villiers;346397 said:
there is more money in the IPL. i'd be getting onto your finance person about that.

But the IPL doesn't have Brian Lara. 'nuff said. Congs have made the right move.

there is more money in the IPL. i'd be getting onto your finance person about that.

But the IPL doesn't have Brian Lara. 'nuff said. Congs have made the right move.

MV!;346401 said:

Yeah fair point there. players like Ian Harvey and Dizzy gillespie killing it still in the ICL, too bad we dont get it on One HD.

MV!;346401 said:

Yeah fair point there. players like Ian Harvey and Dizzy gillespie killing it still in the ICL, too bad we dont get it on One HD.

has anyone heard what melton centrals or melton south are doing in the upcoming season.
will centrals defend there premiership or just jump ship.
will melton soft c*&ks step up to the plate or just break a plate and sook about it being to difficult pt waaa.boo hoo!!!

has anyone heard what melton centrals or melton south are doing in the upcoming season.
will centrals defend there premiership or just jump ship.
will melton soft c*&ks step up to the plate or just break a plate and sook about it being to difficult pt waaa.boo hoo!!!

Rumor is Congs merge with St Johns and become a super side and smash Willy B turf into next week now that would be an achievement winning a B grade willy comp premiership.
if no turf wicket it might be c composite granny who knows what the future holds?
The upside u dont have to share rooms i mean annex.
one united force fighting to destroy willy b turf awsome.
Fine legs good luck in ICL.

Rumor is Congs merge with St Johns and become a super side and smash Willy B turf into next week now that would be an achievement winning a B grade willy comp premiership.
if no turf wicket it might be c composite granny who knows what the future holds?

You never know!!!!!

You never know!!!!!

BigCoq;346388 said:

Speaking of turf wickets, where are your 2nd XI planning to play their cricket?? Last time I checked Laverton had the other half share of Altona Green!

BigCoq;346388 said:

Speaking of turf wickets, where are your 2nd XI planning to play their cricket?? Last time I checked Laverton had the other half share of Altona Green!

BigCoq;346421 said:

Big Coq, rumours are just that; rumours! I am on the committee and I have heard nothing of a merger! Are you just fishing again?:D

BigCoq;346421 said:

Big Coq, rumours are just that; rumours! I am on the committee and I have heard nothing of a merger! Are you just fishing again?:D

BigCoq;346421 said:

Mmmmmmmmmmm..........Im sure they would smash yous too!!!!!!:D
Theres no way your 1sts would win the B-Turf flag thats for certain...:eek:

BigCoq;346421 said:

tayls;346454 said:

just what i heard mate!!!!
sites gotten boring just throwing out some discussion pointrs.

tayls;346454 said:

just what i heard mate!!!!
sites gotten boring just throwing out some discussion pointrs.

hussler;346485 said:

Mate if they merged they would win the A turf & B turf in the willy comp.
it would be an absolute force lacking only a genuine quick bowler but im sure that they could find one.

hussler;346485 said:

it would be an absolute force lacking only a genuine quick bowler but im sure that they could find one.

BigCoq;346566 said:

You cant be serious,you need to get out more.......the 2 Temby's would be the best 2 players there,dont know about Dan, heard he goes ok, but Dave was washed up long ago!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigCoq;346566 said:

You cant be serious,you need to get out more.......the 2 Temby's would be the best 2 players there,dont know about Dan, heard he goes ok, but Dave was washed up long ago!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back