Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

hono;207363 said:
how good congs all 4 teams will play finals

dont get ahead of your self mate, still 1 round to go and i hear some fool from the congs is getting married on saturday and players from all grades will be missing. what i will say though is what a performance by the congs turf side. rolling 3rd place st johns for 89 on a good batting deck. talk about making a statement. if i was playing for melton centrals i would be worried.

1short;207383 said:
dont get ahead of your self mate, still 1 round to go and i hear some fool from the congs is getting married on saturday and players from all grades will be missing. what i will say though is what a performance by the congs turf side. rolling 3rd place st johns for 89 on a good batting deck. talk about making a statement. if i was playing for melton centrals i would be worried.

what the hell? cricketers don't get married during the season... |@

DizzyGillepsie;207389 said:

Who in the hell gets married during cricket season, then invites people from the club........
That's just soft|@

wait there!!!;207390 said:
Who in the hell gets married during cricket season, then invites people from the club........
That's just soft|@

If that is true, the player who is getting married should be ashamed of himself. You don't get married during cricket season, if you play cricket.|@ I would have thought a Friday or Sunday for the wedding. Or better still, wait until cricket is over.:rolleyes:

Heard a rumour on the weekend that St Andrews didn't loose their points for playing Hodgart. Can anyone confirm...

1short;207383 said:

Judging by the scores, they did it pretty easily, with 3 bowlers sharing the wickets.

Has anyone seen the Melton Centrals web site, if not check it out. Their President Hulett gets into Melton South. He is right about 1 thing, Melton Sth are soft for not playing turf.

hono;207363 said:
how good congs all 4 teams will play finals

Hono,

Don't know if you realise this, but to play in the finals you have to be in the top 4. When l looked at resultsvault a short time ago, congs b grade are 5th and there is still 1 round to play. Or does the churches comp have a top 5 now!!!!!:rolleyes:

If congs are short of players then maybe c will miss as well because they are playing druids and could lose outright.

you are all wrong congs have the depth to deal with any situation, as for a bloke getting married speak to his wife to be and i wish them both good luck. Melton South will beat Altona roosters and it doesn't matter if C grade drop this game 2 points will secure them a 4th spot.

you are all wrong congs have the depth to deal with any situation, as for a bloke getting married speak to his wife to be and i wish them both good luck. Melton South will beat Altona roosters and it doesn't matter if C grade drop this game 2 points will secure us a 4th spot.

DizzyGillepsie;207389 said:

i'm with you dizzy, how can you do that to you mates and club.

hono;207410 said:
you are all wrong congs have the depth to deal with any situation, as for a bloke getting married speak to his wife to be and i wish them both good luck. Melton South will beat Altona roosters and it doesn't matter if C grade drop this game 2 points will secure them a 4th spot.

And play driuds 2 games in a row

To yous all,

Dont worry about the congs this week, worry about your own backyards.
Yous all make out the congs are the only team in the comp. So the congs must be doing something right.

kool is right. the congs are in a good position, have the coaches and captains that can take congs all the way. if some of the teams don't make it then it is bad luck, they will not complain like melton centrals president does they will just go on building for next season. if there was a coaches award in cricket then Mick Callus will get it what a great job he has done at congs and i believe he has already signed up for next season.:cool:

kool;207443 said:
To yous all,

Dont worry about the congs this week, worry about your own backyards.
Yous all make out the congs are the only team in the comp. So the congs must be doing something right.

No most of the posters here only talk about congs forgetting there are plenty other sides and grades to talk about.

borntigerfan;207460 said:
No most of the posters here only talk about congs forgetting there are plenty other sides and grades to talk about.

borntigerfan,

Correct lets hear about some other clubs, you are obvisiouly a st andrews player, get some of your team mates to sign up and start posting. l've had enough of the congs for a while.

Lets hear what is happening at Roosters, St Johns, Melt Centrals, Melton Sth etc. With what is posted on Melton Centrals web site, surely someone should know what is going on between Centrals & Melt Sth. Lets hear about it.

Rumours l've heard that need confirmation
- Roosters are getting rid of their coach
- Evans junior is going back to Melton subbies next season
- Evans senior is retiring after this season
- St Andrews are trying to get O'Toole back
- Altona Sports are thinking about playing turf next season
- Laverton D Gr & Druids C Gr are stacking their sides with their turf players

1 rumour that is true a little bit is druids c grade team, at the start of the year their side was stacked, half of them played sunshine heights 1s last year

i think the o'toole thing from st andrews is just a joke

frankiej;207607 said:
1 rumour that is true a little bit is druids c grade team, at the start of the year their side was stacked, half of them played sunshine heights 1s last year

i think the o'toole thing from st andrews is just a joke

As l said, only rumours nothing concrete

My tips for round 11

Turf
St Johns, W'town Congs & Melton

A Grade
Melton Sth, Melton Centrals & Caroline Springs

B Grade
St Johns, Melton Sth, W'town Congs & Werribee Centrals

C Grade
St Andrews, Melton Sth, Werribee Cent 1 & Druids