WHAT HAPPENED

sinking of ferry Estonia
It was Europe’s worst peacetime shipping disaster. Only 137 of the 989 people who were on board the ferry survived when it sank in international waters off Finland early on September 28, 1994. Just imagine more than 800 people being captured in the wreck on the seabed. What might have happened during the last hours until everyone was dead? The stuff of nightmares. Years later, divers had spotted a previously unknown massive hole in the hull which could only have been caused by a massive external force resulting from contact with the seabed or even a collision with a submarine.

Recall seeing this in a doco. There is a a series now, will try to procure it.

Mentioned earlier about you being an early bird today or are you always up at this time.

Last edited:
Recall seeing this in a doco. There is a movie of it on YT, will watch it.

Mentioned earlier about you being an early bird today or are you always up at this time.
Not that early, 5:30, but usually half an hour or an hour later. Only had five hours of sleep and needed a decent nap. My sleep has been deteriorating much to my dismay. Terry can join us as I noticed recently.

An accident then? A train derailed?
This reminds me of the time I was on a train, all of a sudden we heard a screeching noise and smelt smoke, then the train came to a halt, apparently some idiot had put an old bike frame across the track and our train went over it, very nearly detailed our train.

⏳No, not the 5th crusade Craig.
That started 5 years later 🕰 and continued on for a while.

This one occurred in just one year, 1212 and not recognised by the then pope but by another pope by inference later on. 🤔

This Crusade was another failure and started in France and Germany and then other Christian European countries joined in with a fervour of Religiosity.... Italy, Spain, ...

The aim was again to free Jerusalem from the Muslims.

vnjkde.jpeg

Last edited:
Back