Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

it's the fence or nothin;271426 said:
good to see the titan's working hard on their batting,welcome back peiry

The Titans are in for a looooong year going off yesterday's performance. Restall's going to have to make 1000 runs if they're any chance of playing finals.

C-Mac;271605 said:
just having a read and couldnt let this one slip. obviously your entitled to your opinion, as am i. as a youngster coming through the ranks at Tallangatta i cant emphasise enough the influence that great players such as Lade, Armstrong, Elliot, Thompson and especially Wood have had on me. Would rate Steve as one of the top two players in the comp, although now he is probably getting a bit slower as a bowler (still scares the shit out off people ;)) but is still the same awesome batter. I would never label him as over rated.

In reference to your other question, Tallangatta will only be a better side this year. top 3 for sure in my opinion. Nathan Thompson and Andrew Lade will have great years again, and hopefully they will get their hands on the cup :D

Moscow is just playing the devils advocate here...

Woody is undoubtedly the best allround cricketer that has played in the last 20 years if not all time in the association. He is an unbelievably good cricketer who would have played a lot higher cricket if not for his love for Tallangatta and his wife and family. He put life choices before his cricket and is an absolute legend of the game and a great bloke as well.

Moscow Mongrel;267724 said:
I played with Woody for many years and seriously think he is overrated!!!

just having a read and couldnt let this one slip. obviously your entitled to your opinion, as am i. as a youngster coming through the ranks at Tallangatta i cant emphasise enough the influence that great players such as Lade, Armstrong, Elliot, Thompson and especially Wood have had on me. Would rate Steve as one of the top two players in the comp, although now he is probably getting a bit slower as a bowler (still scares the shit out off people ;)) but is still the same awesome batter. I would never label him as over rated.

In reference to your other question, Tallangatta will only be a better side this year. top 3 for sure in my opinion. Nathan Thompson and Andrew Lade will have great years again, and hopefully they will get their hands on the cup :D

Outswinger;272311 said:

Woody is undoubtedly the best allround cricketer that has played in the last 20 years if not all time in the association. He is an unbelievably good cricketer who would have played a lot higher cricket if not for his love for Tallangatta and his wife and family. He put life choices before his cricket and is an absolute legend of the game and a great bloke as well.

Im with you there Outswinger, I think Moscow was winding up a few boys with that. Can't fault Woody for what he's done and if you try to talk it down I reckon your a pretty sad individual.

Now more important matters, there were no real surprises in week 1 of the season, is there any chance of some in the second day of round 1?

An outright may be on the cards for North and Wodonga, Tallangatta look for a big early win defending 348, can anything be known fron the possible round 1 results?

C-Mac;271605 said:

Outswinger;272311 said:

Im with you there Outswinger, I think Moscow was winding up a few boys with that. Can't fault Woody for what he's done and if you try to talk it down I reckon your a pretty sad individual.

Now more important matters, there were no real surprises in week 1 of the season, is there any chance of some in the second day of round 1?

An outright may be on the cards for North and Wodonga, Tallangatta look for a big early win defending 348, can anything be known fron the possible round 1 results?

Faz will make a ton and buff to score first century of the year long day at the office for the roos but not all doom and gloom for them tho couple of handy players thorny walker harold

Faz will make a ton and buff to score first century of the year long day at the office for the roos but not all doom and gloom for them tho couple of handy players thorny walker harold

Anyone know how Pat Lindsay is going in Wollongong? Think he's playing with Lavington (pretty sure) product Darryn Murphy up there.

hoppers_08;273014 said:
talk about puttin the moz on em,fazz made 90 and jones broke his coller bone

Anyone know how Pat Lindsay is going in Wollongong? Think he's playing with Lavington (pretty sure) product Darryn Murphy up there.

Looks like that Kiewa, Mount beauty and New City will be the dominant teams in district this season. With the rangers just beating bethanga by 5 runs they may be in for a long year.

hoppers_08;273014 said:
talk about puttin the moz on em,fazz made 90 and jones broke his coller bone

Looks like that Kiewa, Mount beauty and New City will be the dominant teams in district this season. With the rangers just beating bethanga by 5 runs they may be in for a long year.

Sir Don;273173 said:
TK 10 for 75. Told you he was the best bowler in the comp.

As much as you would like to suck TK's knob the 10fa was a good effort... mind you it was at "The Cheese" where Joe Wooding would still take 5 in each innings. TK is a fairly handy bowler but if you are going to read into bowling results involving that ground you have got to be kidding yourself buddy. The best bowler still getting around these days is Andrew Lade. the old ************** still kicks around the park bowling seam up after bowling orthodox for so many years... show me another bowler around here that can change between seam up and spin and as be equally handy???

got to agree mate, TK is a handy cricketer but thats as far as it goes, handy at best. he shouldnt be relied upon as your main strike bowler but wodonga are going to have to simply due to a lack of other options. Hes gonna have to bowl alot of overs this year and with the wodonga wicket the way it is it goes without saying he'll pick up a few. As far as the best bowler in the comp goes im gonna have to go back to this forums old favourate of woody

Sir Don;273173 said:
TK 10 for 75. Told you he was the best bowler in the comp.

As much as you would like to suck TK's knob the 10fa was a good effort... mind you it was at "The Cheese" where Joe Wooding would still take 5 in each innings. TK is a fairly handy bowler but if you are going to read into bowling results involving that ground you have got to be kidding yourself buddy. The best bowler still getting around these days is Andrew Lade. the old ************** still kicks around the park bowling seam up after bowling orthodox for so many years... show me another bowler around here that can change between seam up and spin and as be equally handy???

tball_loves_chicken(kfc);273240 said:

Rod Perry from Barny/Chiltern?

got to agree mate, TK is a handy cricketer but thats as far as it goes, handy at best. he shouldnt be relied upon as your main strike bowler but wodonga are going to have to simply due to a lack of other options. Hes gonna have to bowl alot of overs this year and with the wodonga wicket the way it is it goes without saying he'll pick up a few. As far as the best bowler in the comp goes im gonna have to go back to this forums old favourate of woody

Cade Brown returning to the Border rumour

I heard a rumour today, of a very reliable source that Cade Brown could possibly be returning to Albury/Wodonga and play for Tallangatta.

Apparently he has been offered a very good job locally.

Rod Perry from Barny/Chiltern?

Andrew Lade??? He's not even the best bowler in his own team! Great cricketer and a handy bowler but I wouldn't have him ahead of Kennedy, Steve Wood, Damien Baker or Heath Naughton. Being able to change between mediums and spin is handy but neither are going to worry good batsmen too much.

Cade Brown returning to the Border rumour

I heard a rumour today, of a very reliable source that Cade Brown could possibly be returning to Albury/Wodonga and play for Tallangatta.

noticed that marmo played c grade on the weekend.made a duck aswell.gee i would have thought at least he would be playing higher then that.his ego would have been brought down a bit!!!!

Andrew Lade??? He's not even the best bowler in his own team! Great cricketer and a handy bowler but I wouldn't have him ahead of Kennedy, Steve Wood, Damien Baker or Heath Naughton. Being able to change between mediums and spin is handy but neither are going to worry good batsmen too much.

big guys don't run;273613 said:
noticed that marmo played c grade on the weekend.made a duck aswell.gee i would have thought at least he would be playing higher then that.his ego would have been brought down a bit!!!!

Marmo got 100 actually in the C's. Website issue made it look like a blob. He was selected in the C's due to shortness of numbers for that particualr week and was rested from the A grade fixture against Yack due to soreness in his knee.

Re: Cade Brown returning to the Border rumour

Moscow Mongrel;273580 said:

a fair pick up it true.

big guys don't run;273613 said:

Marmo got 100 actually in the C's. Website issue made it look like a blob. He was selected in the C's due to shortness of numbers for that particualr week and was rested from the A grade fixture against Yack due to soreness in his knee.

Sir Don;273612 said:

Sorry Sir Don I think you put Damien Baker in that group by mistake.:confused:I think you were meant to put Josh Beard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back