Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Powerbroker;232657 said:
Can tell u that Yackandandah will or have written a letter to the Board of CAW stating that if they are promoted only 2 players that played in thier premiership last season will be staying at the club.

Andy Norling and Graham Martin have apparently told Yack if they stay in District they will stay at the club and not jump ship to Kiewa.

Glass and Walker the only 2 players with any interest in playin Provincial.

Be interesting to see how big the balls are at the meeting when a decision is made.

Be interested to hear what is said about this matter at the Presidents meeting 2nite.

Hope this helps u out rangatrain
Wouldn't Yack have known all this possibly the Sunday night of the Grand Final last year if not sooner. It seems a bit strange that they are just doing it all now 2 months out from the season. A great bunch of blokes out at Yack but you wonder a bit about some of them when the club needs them most they all jump ship. Good on Benny and Walks.

The Reverse Sweeper;232659 said:
Wouldn't Yack have known all this possibly the Sunday night of the Grand Final last year if not sooner. It seems a bit strange that they are just doing it all now 2 months out from the season. A great bunch of blokes out at Yack but you wonder a bit about some of them when the club needs them most they all jump ship. Good on Benny and Walks.

you are right there reverse sweeper, benny and walks are good blokes.really is there any surprise in yack not wanting to go up. i would of thought there were only two clubs in district that had any thoughts of going up to provincial from last year and neither of them made the grand final.

rangatrain;232670 said:
you are right there reverse sweeper, benny and walks are good blokes.really is there any surprise in yack not wanting to go up. i would of thought there were only two clubs in district that had any thoughts of going up to provincial from last year and neither of them made the grand final.

Surely if these blokes were any sort of cricketers they would want to test themselves at a higher level? I always thought the biggest problem with a promotion/relegation system would be with players leaving their clubs if they got RELEGATED. Surely every District club should be striving to be promoted. CAW need to have the balls to force Yack to step up, otherwise the whole system will be a joke. You can't instigate a promotion/relegation system and then make it voluntary.

On another matter, what's with these young blokes from the District comp setting up meetings with numerous Provincial clubs? I could be wrong but I heard on the grape vine that Hill and Warren-Marmo set up meetings with at least three clubs. From what I saw of them last year I can't see either of them dominating at North Albury. It seems like a bit of an ego trip to me. I'm sure there will be a few blokes looking forward to having a crack at them. I remember Grant Forrest talking himself up before his first season at SS&A and I think he averaged 5 for the year. Let's hope these blokes aren't setting themselves up for a similar fall.

Sir Don;232681 said:
Surely if these blokes were any sort of cricketers they would want to test themselves at a higher level? I always thought the biggest problem with a promotion/relegation system would be with players leaving their clubs if they got RELEGATED. Surely every District club should be striving to be promoted. CAW need to have the balls to force Yack to step up, otherwise the whole system will be a joke. You can't instigate a promotion/relegation system and then make it voluntary.

On another matter, what's with these young blokes from the District comp setting up meetings with numerous Provincial clubs? I could be wrong but I heard on the grape vine that Hill and Warren-Marmo set up meetings with at least three clubs. From what I saw of them last year I can't see either of them dominating at North Albury. It seems like a bit of an ego trip to me. I'm sure there will be a few blokes looking forward to having a crack at them. I remember Grant Forrest talking himself up before his first season at SS&A and I think he averaged 5 for the year. Let's hope these blokes aren't setting themselves up for a similar fall.

Its not thier fault if clubs want to call them and ask for a chat,Hilly I believe will cut it at provincial level,Marmo on the other hand will need to get his attitude right cause I can gaurantee the boys at North wont put up with any childish acts or bein told where he,ll bat by him.
Hopefully they both do well as it will be a big kick in the pants if they fail.

So what are everyone's predictions for this year?

Provincial

Premier - North Albury
Runner up - Tallangatta
Cricketer of the year - Steve Wright

District

Premier - New City
Runner up - Mt Beauty
Cricketer of the year - Mark Purtell

Unbelievable you guys the BS is really off and running early this year, i guess its good to see plenty of interest in local cricket though.

Not sure if we can start predicting premiers yet Sir Don but interesting to see you have played it pretty safe with your predictions, surely Lavington will be in the mix with thier West Indian and the rumour that Kieran Knight may play again, plus both Dederang and Baranduda need to be considered in the mix for District (perhaps Middo will play a low key role this year after the sprooking last year of being the premiership side before it was won certainly back fired!)

I see the District comp getting harder this year (teams becoming more even) and the Provincial comp maybe just dropping off a bit.

Good luck to ALL and may the silly season begin!!!! :eek:stay tuned the cricket will start soon after!:D

neville;232763 said:
Unbelievable you guys the BS is really off and running early this year, i guess its good to see plenty of interest in local cricket though.

Not sure if we can start predicting premiers yet Sir Don but interesting to see you have played it pretty safe with your predictions, surely Lavington will be in the mix with thier West Indian and the rumour that Kieran Knight may play again, plus both Dederang and Baranduda need to be considered in the mix for District (perhaps Middo will play a low key role this year after the sprooking last year of being the premiership side before it was won certainly back fired!)

I see the District comp getting harder this year (teams becoming more even) and the Provincial comp maybe just dropping off a bit.

Good luck to ALL and may the silly season begin!!!! :eek:stay tuned the cricket will start soon after!:D

I'm sure Lavington will be thereabouts but they're going to have to rely on Steve Wright and James Tonkin to score a lot of runs. I haven't heard about Keiran Knight returning but if he does I think they will become flag favourites. It would be a pretty big call to come back from back surgery at his age (he must be at least 37). If the West Indian is as good as he sounds they will definitely be a big chance. To me they've still got some pretty big holes to fill. They had 4 or 5 blokes last year who wouldn't get a game at North or East Albury. If Wright and Tonkin score 500 plus and Smith stars with the ball they'll definitely give it a big shake.

I agree that District is wide open. Mt Beauty will have benefitted from playing in Provincial last year but will drop off without the imports. New City need to get younger than they were last year but I think Cameron Furze is a big pick up for them. Not sure about Dederang but I think Baranduda will be right up there too.

neville;232763 said:

I didn't realise that the award winning journalist, Kieran Knight, actually played cricket. How will he fit it all in with his cutting edge column as well.

Sir Don;232764 said:
I'm sure Lavington will be thereabouts but they're going to have to rely on Steve Wright and James Tonkin to score a lot of runs. I haven't heard about Keiran Knight returning but if he does I think they will become flag favourites. It would be a pretty big call to come back from back surgery at his age (he must be at least 37). If the West Indian is as good as he sounds they will definitely be a big chance. To me they've still got some pretty big holes to fill. They had 4 or 5 blokes last year who wouldn't get a game at North or East Albury. If Wright and Tonkin score 500 plus and Smith stars with the ball they'll definitely give it a big shake.

I agree that District is wide open. Mt Beauty will have benefitted from playing in Provincial last year but will drop off without the imports. New City need to get younger than they were last year but I think Cameron Furze is a big pick up for them. Not sure about Dederang but I think Baranduda will be right up there too.

furzie is a good mate of mine, he hasnt played for a couple of years and maybe a little long in the tooth, hopefully the big fella proves me wrong...

harryhoward;232783 said:
furzie is a good mate of mine, he hasnt played for a couple of years and maybe a little long in the tooth, hopefully the big fella proves me wrong...

i have no doubt the big :D furze will play a very big part in New City pushing for a top two finish. by all accounts he has been at training a still letting it go alright. dont write off the ranga boys just yet, i would think there is quite a bit of unfinished buisness from last year. Mt beauty will be there abouts but there all a year older (average age about 45) and no imports will make it a little bit harder. yack will still be the team to beat, from all accounts if they dont go up they will only lose 3 blokes(mcgrath,logan and rogalski all going to wodonga)baranduda are a strange lot at the best of times so you are never too sure what you will get there. cant see much else coming through.what does everyone else think?

rangatrain;232792 said:
i have no doubt the big :D furze will play a very big part in New City pushing for a top two finish. by all accounts he has been at training a still letting it go alright. dont write off the ranga boys just yet, i would think there is quite a bit of unfinished buisness from last year. Mt beauty will be there abouts but there all a year older (average age about 45) and no imports will make it a little bit harder. yack will still be the team to beat, from all accounts if they dont go up they will only lose 3 blokes(mcgrath,logan and rogalski all going to wodonga)baranduda are a strange lot at the best of times so you are never too sure what you will get there. cant see much else coming through.what does everyone else think?

Wodonga should be big improvers this year , with those 3 guys but also BIG chance Robbie Jackson will be playing for them this year . Robbie would be the best cricketer in the comp .
does anyone know who the coach of wodonga is ? andy gibson ? who is he

the train;232870 said:
Wodonga should be big improvers this year , with those 3 guys but also BIG chance Robbie Jackson will be playing for them this year . Robbie would be the best cricketer in the comp .
does anyone know who the coach of wodonga is ? andy gibson ? who is he

Best cricketer in the comp? That's a big call putting him ahead of a bloke from your own club. There's no doubt he's a gun but he didn't dominate when he played for Lavington a couple of years ago.

g'day people. new to the area. hearing alot of things about andy hill how was his year last season.

Brad Kirk is a player to watch this year, heard he has a good technique, just a question over his attitude. Kirky will be a massive surprise package.

Its Honestly Middo;233065 said:
Yackandandah to stay in The Provincial Comp this season!!!!@|@|@|@|

about time the league grew some balls.stiff luck if all Yack players leave but club hopping has been around for a long time.Neville is always in the way.But the District comp may be weaker but i'm sure The Ranga will want to improve on last year's effort.
New City will be a year older and wiser and should make the final in both grades.

Its Honestly Middo;233065 said:
Yackandandah to stay in The Provincial Comp this season!!!!@|@|@|@|

After reading the paper it says only 2 players have committed , says alot about the character of norling and the rest . it is prob a GOOD thing for Yack anyway , because norling ,purtell,etc. know that they wouldnt take a wicket or make a run and prov comp anyway . Thats why they will always stay in district .Is the club dirty on these blokes for not sticking with the club ?

hey men,
found out big news on the weekend, looks like the rangers will be flag favourites with a couple of massive signings.
yacks mark purtell and norths dan markham have agreed terms with the club, couple of handy pickups, there might be a couple of more on the way!

the chief;233415 said:
hey men,
found out big news on the weekend, looks like the rangers will be flag favourites with a couple of massive signings.
yacks mark purtell and norths dan markham have agreed terms with the club, couple of handy pickups, there might be a couple of more on the way!

well thats the forth club that they have supposedly signed with in two week, the truth is neither have signed anywhere yet, but stay tuned for reguler updates.:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back