Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11 (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, but heard north balwyn choked and couldnt do the business

Choked? How about the great Ashy last week? Couldn't even get close. NB lose chasing needing 9 an over for most of the time and fall short on the last ball. Better effort than Ashburton who's lower order offered little resistance on a Prahran Road!

As for the lower order, for those at the game they didn't come in until a few overs to go so hard to say they have let the team down. Yes I happen to be mates with a few of the boys down there but to say they choked is a big statement from an Ashburton player who clearly lost to them in the SF.

I also think its being unfair on STC who have knocked off all the big teams and clearly have shown they have a lot of talent. They were deserved winners as they were the better team on the day and best team in the comp.

Choked? How about the great Ashy last week? Couldn't even get close. NB lose chasing needing 9 an over for most of the time and fall short on the last ball. Better effort than Ashburton who's lower order offered little resistance on a Prahran Road!

As for the lower order, for those at the game they didn't come in until a few overs to go so hard to say they have let the team down. Yes I happen to be mates with a few of the boys down there but to say they choked is a big statement from an Ashburton player who clearly lost to them in the SF.

I also think its being unfair on STC who have knocked off all the big teams and clearly have shown they have a lot of talent. They were deserved winners as they were the better team on the day and best team in the comp.

the only reason i do say they choked is because i thought they were the best team, and thought they would win, i know we lost the week before, and STC thoroughly deserved to beat us because they played alot better, but i thought NB would have got the job done.

no need to get snappy, you are obviously from NB

well mate, to say they choked is just wrong. yes beaten the boys were but I think STC deserve a lot more credit then they are given. i think if NB had batted 1st prob would have been the difference as everyone knows its always harder chasing!

best of luck in the chase on saturday Punter!

They did bat very very well, and i agree, we did no bowl poorly, glen iris just batted 80 overs and did exactly what you need to do in batting first in a 2dayer, be patient and hit the bad ball.

wickets in hand at tea, lets you have a crack after tea where the runs are, they scored 110 in the first 40, then 220 in the last.

well done to the young fella who made 149 also, didnt look great early, but hardly gave a chance.

hopefully one of our blokes can do the same

as big a score as it is, its gettable and i look forward to the challenge, and i think who ever wins this game will make the grand final and give it a real crack, nothing can replace confidence and momentum moving into the finals.

also had a bit of a smile on my face when reading the age on sunday to see bulleen cop a pasting for choking last week, that made me feel a little better.

i bet you were looking forward to getting out there at the end building and smoking a few, not required though mate! grubich can hit a ball though, ill give him that

Well done Iris,great score.

Who said they cant bat 80 overs.

You be opening the bat obviously SP,good luck against one of the underrated attacks in the comp.

Well done Iris,great score.

Who said they cant bat 80 overs.

You be opening the bat obviously SP,good luck against one of the underrated attacks in the comp.

never said they couldnt bat 80 overs magpie, i was simply stating that they had not proved themselves in 2day cricket yet, but this week showed they are a real contender.

i wont reveal where i will be batting as that wouldnt be any fun.

if we can bat for the full 80 overs, we will win, i am confident of that

never said they couldnt bat 80 overs magpie, i was simply stating that they had not proved themselves in 2day cricket yet, but this week showed they are a real contender.

You need to qualify that a bit - if you can bat 80 overs AND finish no more than 5 down, you will win. I don't think you can finish 8 down and win. It's all to play for as they say!

You dont have to reveal where you bat as i know you open.

Im sure you will find the Iris boys very receptacle on the field and a good bunch of blokes to have an ale with
after a hard day in the field.

The arvo tea down there goes alright hey SP.

You dont have to reveal where you bat as i know you open.

Im sure you will find the Iris boys very receptacle on the field and a good bunch of blokes to have an ale with
after a hard day in the field.

The arvo tea down there goes alright hey SP.

well monkey thinks its 3 and magpie thinks its 1 or 2.

magpie sounds like he is quite sour about something, where are you from magpie?

well monkey thinks its 3 and magpie thinks its 1 or 2.

magpie sounds like he is quite sour about something, where are you from magpie?

Im not sour SP,very happy about GI progress in Dunstan this year as all you scribes had them
getting relegated. I think they have the respect of the comp now,and good luck to them for the year.

Blue Monkey seems to have good mail,im sure Marshall and Richards will be under the pump, Richards
does work in the CBD.

Im not sour SP,very happy about GI progress in Dunstan this year as all you scribes had them
getting relegated. I think they have the respect of the comp now,and good luck to them for the year.

Blue Monkey seems to have good mail,im sure Marshall and Richards will be under the pump, Richards
does work in the CBD.

david richardson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back