Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting results from the website - Glen Iris, as predicted by a few, came to a screaming halt in the longer form of the game, Mulgrave disappointing against Ashy, Mont Albert all over Canterbury, NB a bit like GI, but it looks like their Pom had a reasonable day, East Donny had a big day in the GF rematch from 2 years ago - Thommo smashing them all around the park. Anyone got any more insights into the games?

Interesting results from the website - Glen Iris, as predicted by a few, came to a screaming halt in the longer form of the game, Mulgrave disappointing against Ashy, Mont Albert all over Canterbury, NB a bit like GI, but it looks like their Pom had a reasonable day, East Donny had a big day in the GF rematch from 2 years ago - Thommo smashing them all around the park. Anyone got any more insights into the games?

Ran into a few Deepdene boys last night and they said Iris had two of there best players out
and there top order played some woeful shots. Obviously not much patience down at Eric Raven reserve.
Have to allow them a small hiccup as they have been flying for the past few years.
Looking at the results through the grades it was a bowlers day.

No, I don't think so. I think it's unrealistic to expect them to keep performing the way they have. The view seems to be that they are best served in a 1 day game, with their shotmaking against balls that don't swing, and that in a 2 day game, with red balls, they might struggle. Good players out or not, the results seem to support this. Good teams, and especially finals teams, cover player losses. If they can't cover it, they might struggle to play finals.

2 day cricket has really showed the real contenders i would say.

mulgrave vs ashburton - dont know what to say here, did mulgrave choke or did ashy actually bowl well, any reports?
mont albert - taking the piss at canterbury, especially by declaring 4 down!
glen iris - is it wrong to gloat and say to you all, "i told you so" (see my post a few pages back)
bulleen looks like they have almost done enough to get the points against NB
richmond city finally made a good score but skevs could get off the mark if they bat well
east donny made a good score, should be enough at zerbes

2 day cricket has really showed the real contenders i would say.

mulgrave vs ashburton - dont know what to say here, did mulgrave choke or did ashy actually bowl well, any reports?
mont albert - taking the piss at canterbury, especially by declaring 4 down!
glen iris - is it wrong to gloat and say to you all, "i told you so" (see my post a few pages back)
bulleen looks like they have almost done enough to get the points against NB
richmond city finally made a good score but skevs could get off the mark if they bat well
east donny made a good score, should be enough at zerbes

I'd like to hear more about the Mul v Ashy and MA v Cant games - seems like an avalanche of runs at Cant - maybe it was a belter of a wicket - lucky guys. Bull should try for 10 pts against NB, take to Pom out and I'm not sure how much is left. Skevs will smash RC, especially if Fernon bats for a while. ED will win. Not sure what to make of GI, I haven't played them, so I don't know what they're like, but those who have seem to think that what we have seen so far is what we can expect in the future and red ball = not many pts.

I'd like to hear more about the Mul v Ashy and MA v Cant games - seems like an avalanche of runs at Cant - maybe it was a belter of a wicket - lucky guys. Bull should try for 10 pts against NB, take to Pom out and I'm not sure how much is left. Skevs will smash RC, especially if Fernon bats for a while. ED will win. Not sure what to make of GI, I haven't played them, so I don't know what they're like, but those who have seem to think that what we have seen so far is what we can expect in the future and red ball = not many pts.

i too would like some more info on these games, intruiging cricket, there could almost be 4 outright results if teams play well next week, ashy, mont albert, deepdene and bulleen.

could be a very important 10 points before xmas, especially because of the lack of cricket we have had, but also dont want it coming back to bite you and giving up 6 if sh*t hits the fan!

weather looks good for t20 tomorrow night, we havent had 2 days of sun in a row for 12 weeks!

I got told that the ashy bowled well but there was also some disappointing batting from a few off the mulgrave lads!
I think glen iris are a very strong one day team, i would like to see how they go in the 2 day stuff!
Also i hear that NB vs bulleen, that it was a good toss to win as the conditions were on the side! The pom scored some runs i see and the other pom didnt... i also think this isnt a dead set game for Bulleen as they are 3 down with there 2 good openers gone, maybe if NB come to the party in the first hour with 2 or 3 quick wickets, it could be intresting!
Skevs should win i heard and not sure about any other results...

I got told that the ashy bowled well but there was also some disappointing batting from a few off the mulgrave lads!
I think glen iris are a very strong one day team, i would like to see how they go in the 2 day stuff!
Also i hear that NB vs bulleen, that it was a good toss to win as the conditions were on the side! The pom scored some runs i see and the other pom didnt... i also think this isnt a dead set game for Bulleen as they are 3 down with there 2 good openers gone, maybe if NB come to the party in the first hour with 2 or 3 quick wickets, it could be intresting!
Skevs should win i heard and not sure about any other results...

I hear Brett Lee plays for North Balwyn and has no idea

Hey lads,how are we all? Good to be back on the park,even if i was enjoying my Sat golf....

Brett Lee must be NB with that sort of write up....

The Harwood has to be from Bulleen with a good return sledge...

Council Mayor obviously failed whilst batting for Mulgrave on the weekend and still dirty
Glen Iris touched him up....

Southern Punter has a T20 game on tomorr(only 3 Dunstan teams do???)

and Buildings U16 side ticking all the right boxes...

Last years gun teams making big statements on the weekend(MA and Bears)

Hey lads,how are we all? Good to be back on the park,even if i was enjoying my Sat golf....

Brett Lee must be NB with that sort of write up....

The Harwood has to be from Bulleen with a good return sledge...

Council Mayor obviously failed whilst batting for Mulgrave on the weekend and still dirty
Glen Iris touched him up....

Southern Punter has a T20 game on tomorr(only 3 Dunstan teams do???)

and Buildings U16 side ticking all the right boxes...

Last years gun teams making big statements on the weekend(MA and Bears)

I think you might be right about The Harwood. Maybe it's Juddy, or maybe Tuckett. Or maybe even Knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back