Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there everyone, how's it all going. A very interesting couple months have past us in eastern cricket. The top 4 looks a sure thing. My tip to win is Mont Albert. Also where have my mates Building and Magpie gone?

Hey there everyone, how's it all going. A very interesting couple months have past us in eastern cricket. The top 4 looks a sure thing. My tip to win is Mont Albert. Also where have my mates Building and Magpie gone?

No such thing as a sure thing. I bet there is a surprise or 2 still in store. Especially if round 10 gets on.

Why do you pick Mont Albert Fuzzy Wuzzy?

I think mont albert will win because they are the best side in the comp. They have 6-7 guys in their side who on their day can destroy sides and I don't think the other teams have that. Wright, Hargreaves, Vance, Ellis, Liddle, even travis baker on song hurts teams. Let me know if I have missed anyone.

I think mont albert will win because they are the best side in the comp. They have 6-7 guys in their side who on their day can destroy sides and I don't think the other teams have that. Wright, Hargreaves, Vance, Ellis, Liddle, even travis baker on song hurts teams. Let me know if I have missed anyone.

Interesting... They are all good players (Vance especially) but don't forget Bulleen have spent a small fortune trying to buy a Premiership, so they'll be dispapointed if they don't go close this year. Ashy can't win, they're not good enough, IMO.

i just think you were targeted because of your strong opinions, they werent necessarily wrong, just people did not agree with them.

how are you hitting them in premier?

Yeah alright we are undefeated after the Christmas break which puts us 1 game out of the 8 and with the ladder being so close it is anyones game.

Interesting... They are all good players (Vance especially) but don't forget Bulleen have spent a small fortune trying to buy a Premiership, so they'll be dispapointed if they don't go close this year. Ashy can't win, they're not good enough, IMO.

bulleen are very up and down though, they are running into some form coming into finals which is always good, but anything can happen in finals, just like east doncaster 2 years ago, i still cant believe they won a dunstan flag.

glen iris arent without a chance, when they play ashburton next round, that will show where they are amoungst the big guns, especially after only two 2dayers, losing to deepdene but beating a poor skevs. 80 overs seems tough for them, doesnt bode well for finals

Definitely not forgetting bulleen but mont albert have hit thier straps at the right time of the year where bulleen lost to Richmond city defending 140 and that's not what you want to be doing if you're going to win premierships. Not taking away credit from city because they knocked us off on the Sunday. Also not many of their "guns" have had good years, eg judd, porter and tuckett. These 3 guys bulleen try and bat around them but it is hard to do that when they are averaging 13.2, 18.7 and 18.7 respectively. Their bowling has been class but is it enough in a grand final where a side has 5-6 of the top 15 bats in the comp?

bulleen are very up and down though, they are running into some form coming into finals which is always good, but anything can happen in finals, just like east doncaster 2 years ago, i still cant believe they won a dunstan flag.

glen iris arent without a chance, when they play ashburton next round, that will show where they are amoungst the big guns, especially after only two 2dayers, losing to deepdene but beating a poor skevs. 80 overs seems tough for them, doesnt bode well for finals

Agree with you there about GI punter

glen iris looks like they could be a force in the coming years, with their amount of juniors and recent promotion to dunstan, they have showed that if they keep the same group in their 1s and 2s for a few years, they could be the new mulgrave, how devistating that would be

glen iris looks like they could be a force in the coming years, with their amount of juniors and recent promotion to dunstan, they have showed that if they keep the same group in their 1s and 2s for a few years, they could be the new mulgrave, how devistating that would be

I wouldn't call them the next Mulgrave exactly. They don't go out and buy players! Ensil, Travaglia, Bradley, Murphy, Alev etc... only a few of their juniors get games in the 1's (especially when they were strong)...

Anything can happen in the finals and I think Ashburton with the way they have gelled as a team are every bit as good as MA or Bulleen. I think MA are the steadiest team in the comp. I don't think Wright, Hargreaves, Ellis, Baker or Miller destroy sides. Or not decent sides anyway. They are all good correct batsmen and are hard to get out but tend to get their big scores on the fast small grounds and are more vulnerable in 1 dayers. Don't know much about Vance or Liddle admittedly. Bulleen defintely have x factor. Glen Iris might be just a little off the pace if they make it but definitely not writing them off. There may be some twists for that 4th spot yet. If I had to choose I would go with Bulleen to get it right when it counts in March but I think you can throw a blanket over the top 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back