Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
dunstan - donvale - koonung is still too new i think
a turf - ashburton - has had a turf for the last few years
b turf - macleay - decent
c turf no idea about the rest

Better not be Koonung - most overrated ground in the ECA. The wicket is terrible for a 'great' wicket. Ashy is good, Donvale was good for the MA Mulg GF last year, but haven't seen it this year. Straddie is good too when the wicket is right.

hopkins - bulleen - 9 games 16 catches 0 runs at 0 (definitely a keeper, not a batsman at all!)
devine - mont albert - 7 games 10 catches 36 runs at 18
findlay - cant - 8 games 10 catches 2 stumpings 57 runs at 9.5
acutt - ashy - 5 games 8 catches 112 runs at 28
knox - deep - 7 games 8 catches 12 runs at 6
tilley - haw - 7 games 6 catches 1 stumping 100 runs at 16.7
alev - mulgrave - 7 games 5 catches 22 runs at 4.4
armstrong - GI - 7 games 3 catches 4 stumpings 199 runs at 33.2
le page - skevs - 5 games 3 catches 90 runs at 18
cooper - nth bal - 5 games 3 catches 7 stumpings 42 runs at 7
pamieta - rich - 5 games 5 catches 66 runs at 16.5
vaiano - EDCC - 7 games 4 catches 73 runs at 14.6

after those enthrawling stats, not many batsman/keepers, all seem to be keeper/little bit of batsman!! apart from armstrong, acutt and tilley

my pick is armstrong hands down

Better not be Koonung - most overrated ground in the ECA. The wicket is terrible for a 'great' wicket. Ashy is good, Donvale was good for the MA Mulg GF last year, but haven't seen it this year. Straddie is good too when the wicket is right.
Donvale is a sandpit! Doing footy pre season there and is not in great nick!

hopkins - bulleen - 9 games 16 catches 0 runs at 0 (definitely a keeper, not a batsman at all!)
devine - mont albert - 7 games 10 catches 36 runs at 18
findlay - cant - 8 games 10 catches 2 stumpings 57 runs at 9.5
acutt - ashy - 5 games 8 catches 112 runs at 28
knox - deep - 7 games 8 catches 12 runs at 6
tilley - haw - 7 games 6 catches 1 stumping 100 runs at 16.7
alev - mulgrave - 7 games 5 catches 22 runs at 4.4
armstrong - GI - 7 games 3 catches 4 stumpings 199 runs at 33.2
le page - skevs - 5 games 3 catches 90 runs at 18
cooper - nth bal - 5 games 3 catches 7 stumpings 42 runs at 7
pamieta - rich - 5 games 5 catches 66 runs at 16.5
vaiano - EDCC - 7 games 4 catches 73 runs at 14.6

after those enthrawling stats, not many batsman/keepers, all seem to be keeper/little bit of batsman!! apart from armstrong, acutt and tilley

my pick is armstrong hands down

Well im not sure your correct here ......... The question was who is the best keeper in Dunstan this season ?

How does "Amstrong" get your vote ???? 7 dismissals from 7 games thats not flash ????

Hopkins has actually only played 7 games this season, but 1 of those games he played as a bowler and took 2 wickets, so in actual fact he has only kept wicket in "6 games for 16 dismissals" cant beat those numbers!!!!

If we are purely talking keeping then he gets my vote based on the stats this season, but if you want to bring batting into it
from 7 games he has 4 DNB next to his name, a "0" not out and has only been out 2 times ? these days he bats at 11 doesn't get much of a chance to bat and gives the young guys ago as he is an old timer in the team.

BIG CALL !!!! about Koonung !!!!
Have you seen it in the last 5 weeks, the deck has settled down, lost the up and down that it had in the first half of the season,
really improved, not fully there yet but very close . BUT..... the outfield is frigging amazing, by far the best outfield in the comp by along, long, long way, no dirt, no sand, no patches of crappy grass like a lot of fields have, it is a great looking ground at the moment and if you want to dispute it, make a trip down to the ground on a friday before game day and you'll see what i'm talking about !!!! I give Koonung a 9/10

Anything can happen in the finals and I think Ashburton with the way they have gelled as a team are every bit as good as MA or Bulleen. I think MA are the steadiest team in the comp. I don't think Wright, Hargreaves, Ellis, Baker or Miller destroy sides. Or not decent sides anyway. They are all good correct batsmen and are hard to get out but tend to get their big scores on the fast small grounds and are more vulnerable in 1 dayers. Don't know much about Vance or Liddle admittedly. Bulleen defintely have x factor. Glen Iris might be just a little off the pace if they make it but definitely not writing them off. There may be some twists for that 4th spot yet. If I had to choose I would go with Bulleen to get it right when it counts in March but I think you can throw a blanket over the top 3.

I agree with you Pants - To say MA has 6-7 guys that can destroy any team on their day is a silly quote !!!!!
Anyone can destroy any team if they click as a unit and play well together, ASHY seem to be the most consistent team this year and should be considered favourites, MA seem to be getting there sh#t together at the right time and look strong, Bulleen absolutely destroyed Mulgrave in the last round (catch up round) made them look really average. They might be hitting there straps also ? the threat might come from the unknown 4th spot whoever makes it theres at the end might cause an upset ?
"But i doubt it"

BIG CALL !!!! about Koonung !!!!
Have you seen it in the last 5 weeks, the deck has settled down, lost the up and down that it had in the first half of the season,
really improved, not fully there yet but very close . BUT..... the outfield is frigging amazing, by far the best outfield in the comp by along, long, long way, no dirt, no sand, no patches of crappy grass like a lot of fields have, it is a great looking ground at the moment and if you want to dispute it, make a trip down to the ground on a friday before game day and you'll see what i'm talking about !!!! I give Koonung a 9/10

You must play for Bulleen Bouncer! But I do agree with everything you have added!

Well im not sure your correct here ......... The question was who is the best keeper in Dunstan this season ?

How does "Amstrong" get your vote ???? 7 dismissals from 7 games thats not flash ????

Hopkins has actually only played 7 games this season, but 1 of those games he played as a bowler and took 2 wickets, so in actual fact he has only kept wicket in "6 games for 16 dismissals" cant beat those numbers!!!!

If we are purely talking keeping then he gets my vote based on the stats this season, but if you want to bring batting into it
from 7 games he has 4 DNB next to his name, a "0" not out and has only been out 2 times ? these days he bats at 11 doesn't get much of a chance to bat and gives the young guys ago as he is an old timer in the team.

You can only catch what comes to you. Obviously Bulleen's bowlers have got a lot of nicks, doesn't make Hopkins with 16 catches a good keeper. Dropped catches would be a better stat to determine who is a good keeper. Anyone who can even keep a bit can take catches standing back. That Deepdene hack Wilson made the turf team of the year a few years ago because he took a lot of catches standing back and he was a shocking keeper and a crap batter. I think stumpings are a better indication of how good a keeper you are. Armstrong has 4 stumping so for mine Armstrong by an absolute mile.

these days he bats at 11 doesn't get much of a chance to bat and gives the young guys ago as he is an old timer in the team.

Young guys? What young guys? Who is not an old timer in that team? Talk about Dad's army. They should probably enter that team in the masters games. Correct me if I am wrong.
Knight - mid 40s
Hopkins 40s
Tsonis 40s
Porter late 30s
Rice late 30s
Tuckett mid 30s
Davidson mid 30s
Judd mid 30s

Hope they have plenty of money to keep replacing these blokes because it doesn't seem like they have a sustainable club with juniors coming through.

Who is not an old timer in that team? Talk about Dad's army. Thet should probably enter that team in the masters games. Correct me if I am wrong.
Knight - mid 40s
Hopkins 40s
Tsonis 40s
Porter late 30s
Rice late 30s
Tuckett mid 30s
Davidson mid 30s
Judd mid 30s

will be a good vets team on a sunday...

You can only catch what comes to you. Obviously Bulleen's bowlers have got a lot of nicks, doesn't make Hopkins with 16 catches a good keeper. Dropped catches would be a better stat to determine who is a good keeper. Anyone who can even keep a bit can take catches standing back. That Deepdene hack Wilson made the turf team of the year a few years ago because he took a lot of catches standing back and he was a shocking keeper and a crap batter. I think stumpings are a better indication of how good a keeper you are. Armstrong has 4 stumping so for mine Armstrong by an absolute mile.

youre right about standing back, and if a team has good fast swing bowlers, usually the nicks come alot easier.

stumpings do also depend on whether there are medium pacers or spinners in the team. so choosing a keeper is not easy.

if a team is full of super quicks, then a keeper doesnt get a chance to get up to the stumps! stumpings also do depend on when they happen in a game, a stumping in the last 5 overs of any game is almost void, especially to a tail ender, who is more than likely just trying to hoik the ball and the keeper just has to wait.

fair to say, keeping can not be judged on stats off mycricket like runs and wickets can i dont think.

therefore a keeper who bats is necessary. maybe just make the premiership keeper the keeper of the team of the year, or count drops and missed stumpings!

I'm sorry, Hoppo, who hasn't been able to decide over recent years if he's a bowler or a keeper and whether he's in the 2nd's or 1sts, is simply not the best keeper in the comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back